Santiago Bypas opens this Saturday

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In South Florida cash is no longer accepted on some toll roads, one has to have Sunpass. And I just installed one in each guy's car and paid the bill when it came up.

well. this is not south florida. in DR some companies that need frequent travel from/to SD get the employees paso rapido, a "sticker" that automatically registers peaje. other companies offer credit cards to key employees. there are many ways to sort things out.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If anyone sees a published map of the new bypass please post it.

all i could find was this:

262847c.png

blue is a new road, red is the old road through the city.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
all i could find was this:

262847c.png

blue is a new road, red is the old road through the city.

Incorrect the new road split to Autopista Duarte next to STI and to Autopista Juaquin Balaguer in the N. West side....

JJ

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I couldn't find a map showing it but if you go to google maps and look at the satalite view you can see parts of it as it crosses the city where I described in an earlier post. Google earth is a little more up to date and shows it more complete.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Just went to google earth and saw the route easily on the old satellite map. Look north of Cerro Alto and Gurabo. And SW of tamboril.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Incorrect the new road split to Autopista Duarte next to STI and to Autopista Juaquin Balaguer in the N. West side....

i really can't say. this lousy map was all i could find. i've heard it's going to join santiago-navarette road somewhere close to the bridge that takes you inside santiago via alternative road, along the river, is that correct?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
When you drive from Stgo to Pto Pta it will be half way from Villa Gonzalez.... El Ingenio Arriva.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
go on google maps and then go to where autopista duarte meets avenida hispanoamericana and right there thats where the new circunvalacion starts northward youll see it its still dirt road on google maps but youll see it finish at the autopista joaquin balaguer follow the dirt construction road and thats the whole road..hope you find it

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Nobody I have been able to consult has ever heard of Villa Gonzalez or Ingenio Arriva. Let's start at Navarette. Do you know where that is?

Halfway between navarette and Santiago is villa gonzalez. Halfway between villa gonzalez and Santiago is where the new overpass is to get to the new highway.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go on google maps and then go to where autopista duarte meets avenida hispanoamericana and right there thats where the new circunvalacion starts northward youll see it its still dirt road on google maps but youll see it finish at the autopista joaquin balaguer follow the dirt construction road and thats the whole road..hope you find it

i think that this is what you mean, it's visible as dirt road:

zus4y0.jpg

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
ASSUMING that the travel time now from Puerto Plata to STI (Santiago airport) is 1.5 hours, how much time will be saved by using the bypass??? Anyone know?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, i checked the map again and highlighted the dirt road in red, would that be new circuwhateveridontcare norte?
the airport and the road leading to it are in pink, for reference.

2mmsbqp.jpg

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
ok, i checked the map again and highlighted the dirt road in red, would that be new circuwhateveridontcare norte?

2mmsbqp.jpg

Now that I had a closer look.
Since I am near the middle of that mess of streets, it doesn't look worth $150 to me. I would pay triple if they somehow connected the roads to Pureto Plata. It still shows that I would still have to do the half of the trip passing trucks and avoid on coming traffic on Rt 5.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I'd pay the toll just to avoid the bumper to bumper traffic on Estrella Sadhalla most of the day, kamikaze concho drivers and missing manholes among other pleasantries of city driving. Not to mention windshield washing guys and other annoying creatures.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That's exactly the idea of this construction, I remember when Pte. Balaguer started the old Av. Circunsvalacion "the Inner Belt line" now... people called him crazy, what we need this for? they would say back in the days. Thirty years ago the Av. estrella sadhala, interception of La Fuente and PUCCM "Patron Santiago" had a couple cars during a normal week day...

that's why I always say, Balaguer was the man with a vision to the future.

JJ

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

2mmsbqp.jpg

I must be a computer idiot. I tried for about 2 hours to do get a map like that, mark it up and post it before I gave up. Great map.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007

2mmsbqp.jpg

My leader Balaguer was more ambitious than that, he planned to continuous this Rd. bordering Cienfuegos all the way to "La Canela" widening the existing road in order to connect it at some point to the old Av. circunsvalacion somewhere next to Puente "Hermanos Patino" in order to split to Av. Hispano Americana and this way completing the whole outer belt line...

I may see this project completed next time we have a Santiaguero President focused in the future of the country.

Leonel did sh**t for Santiago...

JJ