Santiago Bypas opens this Saturday

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
i think that this is what you mean, it's visible as dirt road:

zus4y0.jpg

I think I saw that road from the plane 2 weeks ago. I thought is was just another unused unfinished stretch of road!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
there is another project Balaguer started and never have been completed, the connection of Av. Antonio Guzman to Av. "La Pina" El Ciruelito Stgo. in order to speed the traffic from South to West side of the City...

Best president ever Juaquin Balaguer.

JJ

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Why do you all seem to need a map??? Drove the new road today..... 14 minutes at a constant 70mph... perfect. It saves a load of stress for a person like myself who lives in Santiago and visits Puerta Plata once a week.

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
To the north of Santiago the bypass starts next to the LAS VEGAS DISCOTHEQUE, just before the PISANO DUTY FREE ZONE and to the south of Santiago the bypass ends next to a POWER STATION WITHT A SOFTBALL FIELD

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
On the east side (la vega side) it begins at Autopista Duarte and Ave Hispanoamerico heads in a northerly direction turning west as it passes through the northern part of the city then starts in a south west direction until it connects with the Autopista Joaquim Balaguer about halfway between Santiago and villa Gonzales. Both auto pistas are the same one that goes to Santo domingo

So that sounds like if you are going to the Santiago airport from Puerto Plata, the bypass would bring you back to the main highway after the city, but before the airport. Am I correct? Thanks

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
ok, i checked the map again and highlighted the dirt road in red, would that be new circuwhateveridontcare norte?
the airport and the road leading to it are in pink, for reference.

2mmsbqp.jpg

I believe this answers my question. Thanks DV8.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
ok, i checked the map again and highlighted the dirt road in red, would that be new circuwhateveridontcare norte?
the airport and the road leading to it are in pink, for reference.

2mmsbqp.jpg
Any time we get below 35 mph my wife gets the irresistible urge to stop and spend a few thousand pesos. So $RD150 will be a big savings in time and money. Not to mention, that I don't need to get lost in Arroyo Hondo again on the southbound trip.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's exactly the idea of this construction, I remember when Pte. Balaguer started the old Av. Circunsvalacion "the Inner Belt line" now... people called him crazy, what we need this for? they would say back in the days. Thirty years ago the Av. estrella sadhala, interception of La Fuente and PUCCM "Patron Santiago" had a couple cars during a normal week day...

that's why I always say, Balaguer was the man with a vision to the future.

JJ
Almost every project started by Balaguer was heavily criticized, sometimes justifiably. Look at Winston Churchill Ave in Santo Domingo, can anyone imagine the capital without that avenue? When it was built people called it "a cemetery with lights." At the time the criticisms made sense because all those areas of Piantini, Quisqueya, Urb Fernandez, Paraiso, Julieta Morales were nothing more than sparsely populated rural areas and a person could lay down on the avenue and not worry about being overrun. In hindsight people are glad it was built, but people now complain that the city doesn't have enough wide avenues and curse the "lack of vision" of former leaders.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
According to the rumor mill, the expansion of the Navarrete-Puerto Plata highway is suppose to begin construction within days. If they start (probably more importantly is whenever they finish), the drive from POP to ST will probably be reduced to maybe an hour, perhaps slightly less. The SD-POP trajectory might be done in 2-2.5 hours nonstop, maybe even less.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
According to the rumor mill, the expansion of the Navarrete-Puerto Plata highway is suppose to begin construction within days. If they start (probably more importantly is whenever they finish), the drive from POP to ST will probably be reduced to maybe an hour, perhaps slightly less. The SD-POP trajectory might be done in 2-2.5 hours nonstop, maybe even less.

...but why would we need it when (according to pitch man) we will soon have a super fast bullet, levitating train that will make the trip from Haina to Puerto Plata in less than an hour.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The pitch man accidently released a picture from the Fernandez PLD master plan.

3020372-inline-simcitycitiesoftomorrowaddmaglev.png

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
DV8 is not going to be happy with you, exeurodominican. :paranoid:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Mabey I mist it but does anyone know where this Circunvalaci?n Norte Santiago begins and ends? Never seen a map.

where do you live, PRAY? i will deliver it personally and shove it up... ;)

ha ha ha, it's somewhere on previous pages ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
...but why would we need it when (according to pitch man) we will soon have a super fast bullet, levitating train that will make the trip from Haina to Puerto Plata in less than an hour.

its a LIE! it will be much faster! think "beam me up, pichardo" kind of speed!