Santiago Bypas opens this Saturday

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
its a LIE! it will be much faster! think "beam me up, pichardo" kind of speed!

I am sorry that is just not true. The DR is going to leapfrog all other nations in new technology for travel as well. Like the E currency (when even Credit and ATM cards are not safe to use) and smart guns that are coming (will I still need a ballistics test yearly? - how DUMB is that?) , the DR is developing revolutionary unheard of before proprietary technology where you actually get to where you are going before you leave. Yes that it right, it is a combination of time travel and transporter technology rolled into one that beats all competition.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I am sorry that is just not true. The DR is going to leapfrog all other nations in new technology for travel as well. Like the E currency (when even Credit and ATM cards are not safe to use) and smart guns that are coming (will I still need a ballistics test yearly? - how DUMB is that?) , the DR is developing revolutionary unheard of before proprietary technology where you actually get to where you are going before you leave. Yes that it right, it is a combination of time travel and transporter technology rolled into one that beats all competition.

are you referring to this new transport system where you travel so fast you'll be able to see your own ass? coming soon, i believe.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
no offense to NALs but who take 2 or 2/12 hours to get to puerto plata from santiago or viceversa...driving backwards..just joking NALs

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
a short update: after initial enthusiasm the read is nearly empty, due to high prices:
El precio del peaje provoca un bajo flujo vehicular en la avenida Circunvalaci?n Norte - DiarioLibre.com

Seg?n las tarifas, los carros, las mini van, yipetas y camionetas pagan RD$ 150.00, los microbuses y minibuses deben pagar RD$ 270.00, mientras que los autobuses y veh?culos de dos ejes pagar?n RD$ 360.00. Los veh?culos de tres ejes o m?s pagan RD$ 600.00.
What were they thinking?

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I was reading somewhere that for the same distance of road you have here in Santiago for 150 pesos you can drive the same distance in the santo domingo area for 30 pesos. This is not how you encourage people to use the new road.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Cut fee by one sixth. RD25 2axles / RD100 trucks. More people will use making up the difference. After getting people hooked raise the toll slowly by 5/25 pesos every year.

*Question: Is there an on/off ramp to the road ( Luperon ) in Guarbo al Medio section?

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Here's a video I took of the entire highway, it starts close to the entrance to the new bypass on the Duarte highway and it ends on the exit close to the Joaquin Balaguer highway.

[video=youtube;J_Dg3d8aAiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Dg3d8aAiQ[/video]

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Got on in Licey and off in Gurabo and cost nothing. Same for return trip. Saved me about 1 hour of long lights. Just wish they had a McDonalds on the bypass.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
So the toll is avoided completely if you dont get on at the 1st exit?

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Used the new road today to go to the airport, it is beautiful, smooth and clean but 150 pesos each way is a rip off.

My only critisism is that there are no signs indicating which exit is for the airport.........................

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Need a new bulbar. Hit a motoco?o and a cow having a good time purchasing the motoco?o loaded with putillas trying to get to their hotspot.