Security or Beauty?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Oh come on Kyle you can't be that bad. ;)

Don't you know that not everyone is interested in looks or even what's in your pockets but what's in your heart that counts.

does that sound convincing?

Sep 19, 2005
audrav, now go take a picture of the bottom of your shoe and post it in the DR1 MUGSHOTS section...for Kyle.

if you want go ahead and pick your favorite pair first then use your best foot and take of a picture of that shoe....OK?

bob

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
listen, i'm telling you guys...i'm so ugly i made an onion cry.....really....

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Oh come on Kyle you can't be that bad. ;)

Don't you know that not everyone is interested in looks or even what's in your pockets but what's in your heart that counts.

does that sound convincing?

NO!

Are you saying you would date a guy who was DEAD BROKE and UGLY?!?! I don't believe you!!

Maybe if I'm 90 and still single and everything on my body that once pointed north now points south...but at this stage in my life, I got choices...you gotta have something going for you. I gotta be able to wake up in the morning and look at you or you have to have a pretty decent job or something...

Shad, i'm always willing to share little nuggets...good luck with the monks!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Amennnnn

How else do you explain the Donald Trumps, the Billy Idols, and the Stephen Tylers and Jermaine Dupris of the world. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but I think if any of these guys didn't have money/fame do you really think they would have had all the beautiful women they had? If a woman has given up on having a guy with looks you better believe he's got enough money to take the place of his good looks. Again, just my opinion. JRF, you don't have to agree with me at all...it's just my perspective on the situation.

I always wondered how p'diddy's girls and mr. jay z's girl can look past these guys that cant even close their mouths......but anyhow.....

A woman will marry a so so looking guy that treats them like a princess and is STABLE over a hot gorgeous hunk who lives check to check and treats them like they are just the hot flavor of the month.

We dont just want economical security/stability, we want EMOTIONAL stability and consistancy as well.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
I always wondered how p'diddy's girls and mr. jay z's girl can look past these guys that cant even close their mouths......but anyhow.....

A woman will marry a so so looking guy that treats them like a princess and is STABLE over a hot gorgeous hunk who lives check to check and treats them like they are just the hot flavor of the month.

We dont just want economical security/stability, we want EMOTIONAL stability and consistancy as well.

Oh my gosh!! You definitely are right about that. Jay-Z is just....don't even get me started. I think again, with he and beyonce, he's not good looking at all and if he didn't have money and wasn't as famous as he is in the hip-hop community, Beyonce probably would not be giving him the time of day. If she saw him on the streets of Texas and he tried to talk to her while he was just Sean Carter, I doubt that she would have even given him a second look.

But your thoughts about the emotional stability is also quite true. Although would you date a guy that was broke and ugly but treated you like a queen? I have noticed with myself with men I am less attracted to or not attracted to at all and have tried to date based on personality alone, I was also less willing to bend when things were not going right. I was less likey to stick around and try to work things out as I was with people who I was attracted to on a physical level.

But to take this back to being dominican related and tie it into llala's point, I think that's one of the main appeals of the dominican man for many of the women who visit the island and fall in love. In my relationships with men here in the states, I have always felt that when a guy is doting and makes you feel wanted and needed by him, the relationship seems so much better to you and I think many dominican men have a way of doing this from day one whether they live here in the US or in the DR. I've noticed there is usually not this uncertainty as to whether or not they like you or care for you or want to spend time because the dominicans that I and my friends have come into contact with have always been very forthcoming with their feelings in contrast to many american men with whom I have dealt. I think that emotional connection is generally felt very quickly so even if it's AZB's motoconcho drivers :) or some other broke person, the woman feels that sense of perceived security and neededness from the man even if he is poor and has no money or drives a moto and can provide no financial security. I think I would agree that emotional security is much more important than financial.

I think I would put it in this importance:

Emotional Stability
Looks
Financial Stability

But I still say a butt ugly guy with no money will be hard pressed to find a beautiful woman.

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Easy.....

Wonder no more, "GREENIE" makes EVERYTHING look fantastic, good, sexy, yummy and desirable!!.

If you are "Patrick Ewing ugly" and rich, Johnny Ventura's "La Protesta De Los Feos" doesn't apply to them.

They have their own song:

"Yes, I am Elbow Ugly But I Have Greens, Yes I Dooooo".

Btw:

Money and Desperation are "brothers", they go hand on hand!.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's kind of hard for a man to judge dominican women because i've seen so few that are ugly. so it's kind of like the princess and the frog story.

i hope someone will kiss me soon so i can turn into a prince...
4hit26q.jpg

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
They have their own song:

"Yes, I am Elbow Ugly But I Have Greens, Yes I Dooooo".

Btw:

Money and Desperation are "brothers", they go hand on hand!.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA OMG Miguel, ahahah ELBOW UGLY!!! ahahahahah i will pay more attention to elbows now!!

Of course money makes people more appealing, but you know what, its pathetic because at the end of the day there is nothing there to make you feel complete (not even that new Balenciaga 2g hand bag).

But Suitelady79,
i am surprised to hear you say that dominican men provide what the american man doesnt, and thats the doting etc etc. I have seen it with both, the only issue is that for most part, the dominican man usually USES this ploy to gain a woman, and once hes got her, well hes not as romantic anymore. Its the good old MUELA adage you know? Once hes got her, no need to keep showering her with all that attention.

The white man on the other hand i have noticed that he might not have as much GAME to get his chick, but when he DOES, hes so loving and consistent in the attention and the doting etc that it is well worth putting up with his two left feet on the dance floor and the blank stares when at family functions and he doesnt understand what the hell SANCOCHO is LOL. Not to mention that they dont have the bullshyt of "your the woman of the house so if you have to do everything and if you want a manicure or pedicure u have to take all the kids with you even i am just home scratching my nuts" mentality that dominican men have.

SO you see, it can be seen from either angle.

And would I date a broke, good looking guy that treated me great? probably not, and i am being honest, I mean I am going to get sick and tired of scraping by and/or paying the bills. What good are his looks and treating me well if i am stressed out about making the mortgage, IF we could even afford a house. DId you know that FINANCES are the number one cause of divorce in the first year of marriage? YES MA'AM......

Why settle? so many options in this world and women think that "oh well damn, I will hold this one cos hes just pudding fine and i wont get better, so what if hes got no money, i will HELP him"...

get a good looking man, thats stable and will always treat you right......
IT IS POSSIBLE I PROMISE

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
4hit26q.jpg

hahahahahahaha :laugh:

I see potential here kyle with a little scrub and a hair cut and major dental work you too can be a good looking guy. ;)

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Oh Oh

hahahahahahaha :laugh:

I see potential here kyle with a little scrub and a hair cut and major dental work you too can be a good looking guy. ;)

AZB is going to be ****ssssed that his picture was used without authorisation...................

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
How dare you........

it's kind of hard for a man to judge dominican women because i've seen so few that are ugly. so it's kind of like the princess and the frog story.

4hit26q.jpg
Mira Kyle, I hope you got my darn permission to download MY picture, bastard!!!!.

Lalla:

What I am going to tell you, keep it to yourself because it would drive AZB crazy and I really don't want my brotha from another mother to do a "Saddam" on us:

I am working on my next thread. Or should I say my next "closed thread"?.I will be loved by the "femenina" members (well SOME. Well, at least the ones I give a darn about, which are only a few, hehe) and WILL be hated much more by MOST "masculino" members.

Trust me(oops, here goes that word again. But it's just a "figure of speech"), "traitor" will NOT be the only name they will call me!!.

Just don't tell anybody, please, hehehehehe!.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I am working on my next thread. Or should I say my next "closed thread"?.I will be loved by the "femenina" members (well SOME. Well, at least the ones I give a darn about, which are only a few, hehe) and WILL be hated much more by MOST "masculino" members.

Trust me(oops, here goes that word again. But it's just a "figure of speech"), "traitor" will NOT be the only name they will call me!!.

Just don't tell anybody, please, hehehehehe!.

Oh no does this mean I have to clear my busy schedule :laugh: for the next month or so and get help as well? :cool: :paranoid:

At least the winter might go faster.;)

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
But Suitelady79,
i am surprised to hear you say that dominican men provide what the american man doesnt, and thats the doting etc etc. I have seen it with both, the only issue is that for most part, the dominican man usually USES this ploy to gain a woman, and once hes got her, well hes not as romantic anymore. Its the good old MUELA adage you know? Once hes got her, no need to keep showering her with all that attention.

You are right, a good many times it might be just a ploy to get the affections but the Dominican men, you see, do not have the monopoly on this. MANY, MANY, MANY american men are the same way. Trust and believe that I know this from experience! I think for a lot of women it's just the initial shock of having someone say things to you that it takes an american dude months and maybe years to say. Even if it's all fake, if you have never heard it before it's a shock and many women are taken back by it.

The white man on the other hand i have noticed that he might not have as much GAME to get his chick, but when he DOES, hes so loving and consistent in the attention and the doting etc that it is well worth putting up with his two left feet on the dance floor and the blank stares when at family functions and he doesnt understand what the hell SANCOCHO is LOL. Not to mention that they dont have the bullshyt of "your the woman of the house so if you have to do everything and if you want a manicure or pedicure u have to take all the kids with you even i am just home scratching my nuts" mentality that dominican men have.

You are absolutely right that there are some american guys (white, black, whatever) that will treat their woman well after many years of marriage/togetherness. But there are also many women who complain about how their men don't do the things they used to do etc and they are married to men right here in the states.

And would I date a broke, good looking guy that treated me great? probably not, and i am being honest, I mean I am going to get sick and tired of scraping by and/or paying the bills. What good are his looks and treating me well if i am stressed out about making the mortgage, IF we could even afford a house. DId you know that FINANCES are the number one cause of divorce in the first year of marriage? YES MA'AM......

I guess we might differ on this one. Where as I agree that scraping by and financial difficulties are a big part of relationship and marriage endings, I also believe that it's not always money that is the most important thing. I guess I am speaking from the perspective of a person that makes more than enough money to support myself and given the right situation if I found a man with a decent job that may not be making as much money as me but he made me happy and fulfilled in every other way, I would certainly be willing to make a go of it. As long as the guy isn't lazy and is consistant in his work habits, the fact that he makes less is not a deterrent for me at this point in my life. As long as he provides something.

Why settle? so many options in this world and women think that "oh well damn, I will hold this one cos hes just pudding fine and i wont get better, so what if hes got no money, i will HELP him"...

I agree with this and I tell my friends this sometimes, there is no reason to settle for someone's BS. BUT, good men are not that easy to find so if you find one that happens to be working but just doesn't make as much as you but all other things about him are good, why would youlet him go to continue looking for something else. You're right, puddin' fine alone doesn't pay the bills, but a good work ethic and willingness to work and provide for one's family is good for me.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Pue' claro comadre.....

Oh no does this mean I have to clear my busy schedule :laugh: for the next month or so and get help as well? :cool: :paranoid:

At least the winter might go faster.;)
Yes, yes and yes.

You should also get a notepad with "thank you" written on it so you can send me a "page" for keeping your forum interesting BEFORE "Sankie Season" starts, wahahahahahaha!!.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, yes and yes.

You should also get a notepad with "thank you" written on it so you can send me a "page" for keeping your forum interesting BEFORE "Sankie Season" starts, wahahahahahaha!!.

I feel a thank you coming on right now :cheeky: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BTW are we way off topic here? I think the OP got plenty of good advice so far right?

We need to keep fingers busy and moving till sankie threads start pouring in!! :rolleyes:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ojala, pero.......

Let's see if this one can get as many posts as the "Can you land a good Dominican" thread... Make it good, Miguel!
It will NOT get as many posts. Why?.

It will mainly be a "chick" thread but one that guys will have a saying on it and, over the years, I have noticed that when guys post a lot on a thread, even if the thread benefits females, MOST female members "run scared".

Anyways, back to the topic......

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Yup yup the OP has gotten lots o advice.

Probably that crazy guy that says things like "sweet haitiana" and crap.

Well, Kyle posted his so I'll post mine:

http://www.funnypop.com/pictures/data/504/13pregnant_man.jpg

The last few pages of replies/retorts has been the most informative.

One other thing I seem to realize after each trip is that the 'people' there in the RD are really more like me than I thought.

Thinking they are so different before and now like a hammer in the noggin I see that mostly the same insecurities, desires, and wants are the same.

Yes I do totally agree on the emotional support as well.

Now the security of being able to provide a home and safe environment must be overwhelming for most of the women but what if they are from a fairly affluent family?

I have to admit I don't travel in the upper crust but do know some families that are doing okay.