Security or Beauty?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
A chick thread? Wow that'll be a three way conversation between Miguel AZB and Shad :laugh:

sorry jrf I'm off again but in my defense I think I was born this way ;)

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Now the security of being able to provide a home and safe environment must be overwhelming for most of the women but what if they are from a fairly affluent family?

I have to admit I don't travel in the upper crust but do know some families that are doing okay.

I think for those women, in order to be considered a possible suitor, you might have to be able to provide an equal or greater lifestyle than the one they enjoyed with their current family situation. If you come in with a $5/day budget and she's been used to $500, I doubt that you'll have a chance there. But if you can match or do better than that, you might be in there....but I think you might have to have some looks too. If she's already doing well, she has options.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
The white man on the other hand i have noticed that he might not have as much GAME to get his chick, but when he DOES, hes so loving and consistent in the attention and the doting etc that it is well worth putting up with his two left feet on the dance floor and the blank stares when at family functions and he doesnt understand what the hell SANCOCHO is LOL. Not to mention that they dont have the bullshyt of "your the woman of the house so if you have to do everything and if you want a manicure or pedicure u have to take all the kids with you even i am just home scratching my nuts" mentality that dominican men have. DIOS MIO - SOOO TRUE.
SO you see, it can be seen from either angle.

And would I date a broke, good looking guy that treated me great? probably not, and i am being honest, I mean I am going to get sick and tired of scraping by and/or paying the bills. What good are his looks and treating me well if i am stressed out about making the mortgage, IF we could even afford a house. DId you know that FINANCES are the number one cause of divorce in the first year of marriage? YES MA'AM......

Why settle? so many options in this world and women think that "oh well damn, I will hold this one cos hes just pudding fine and i wont get better, so what if hes got no money, i will HELP him"...

get a good looking man, thats stable and will always treat you right......
IT IS POSSIBLE I PROMISE
AND TO THIS yes I believe you, you thank goodness were lucky to find yourself a good man, good in many different ways, as you have described him. but many are not so lucky and that's why the insecurity of settling for less sometimes. My next time around I know I won't settle for less.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
What is 'less' M.A.R.?

For me, seriously, I do want an attractive woman but someone that is crazy about me.

That is my concern. The honeymoon will end right quick but if they really don't find me reall shmexy then I'd be crushed.
I can put up with an aweful lot but not that.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Y el Senor Maco....

A chick thread? Wow that'll be a three way conversation between Miguel AZB and Shad :laugh:

sorry jrf I'm off again but in my defense I think I was born this way ;)
Jejejejeje. You forgot mountainfrog and Chucky..... What a shame someone "made" potato salad out of "Potato Salad", hahaha!.

Oh the insanity.....

OK, last "off topic" from me. Perhaps.....

jrf:

Would you rather have a good looking "zero a la izquerda" or an ok looking independent " I know want I want from life" type of woman?.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The honeymoon will end right quick but if they really don't find me reall shmexy then I'd be crushed.

I haven't had sex for a while, is shmexy something new they are doing these days? :laugh:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... I can put up with an aweful lot ... ugly and mucho grande????
She'll make you feel like a stud or dud but, it all depends on how much you got in your wallet ....
So, I surmise you're willing to accept an awful looking chick if she makes you feel like a stud ... are you gonna live in the dark forever just to get good sex? :bunny:

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
What is 'less' M.A.R.?

For me, seriously, I do want an attractive woman but someone that is crazy about me.

That is my concern. The honeymoon will end right quick but if they really don't find me reall shmexy then I'd be crushed.

Well, see that's just it, JRF. I was stating in an earlier post, if I am not attracted to a guy physically, when the relationship gets a little rocky or if the guy crosses me the wrong way I will work a little less hard to work things out with him than I would with someone who I'm physically attracted to. I think that's the chance that you take. But, I think you will generally know if someone is physically attracted to you. People are good actors but certain things you can just kinda tell about if you are around them long enough.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Anna - me either it's been far too long...I miss it so much I gotta joke about it or I end up crying in my cornflakes.

Miguel - the o.k. looking independant woman - and if she was with me I would know that she chose me for me.

Shad - hmm tough question at the moment ...:)

Suitelady - true it is a chance you take and I do think that I can tell if someone is being genuine or not. That is why I think it is best to wait.

You come to the island of paradise and there are so many good looking women you lose sense and sight of your mind.

Truth be told I'm almost as scared commiting here as I am there but I really do want to be with a woman from the RD. (Dominicana o Haitiana)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... Truth be told I'm almost as scared commiting here as I am there but I really do want to be with a woman from the RD. (Dominicana o Haitiana)
If you never try, you'll never know .... if you sit on the fence forever, you'll end up liking that picket up your wazoo. :)

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Yup yup I hear ya Shad.

Just haven't found the right one yet - but I do believe I am ready for a woman in my life.

I just feel I really want to be with someone from another culture. It seems to me it would be a great way to start over. I know there are more differences as far as culture and language but I think the part of really getting to know eachother as opposed to digging up eachothers past and seeing if we can live with it.

I have the impression that RD women are less concerned with the past and more about who/what you are today and may be in the future.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Sounds like the only thing left for you to do is get out there and meet some women with your eyes open. Who knows what might happen. Stay positive.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Shad, you crazy man you! Leave this man alone! The world is your oyster, Jrf! Don't be afraid, just be careful.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Whatever you do man, don't take advice form a woman. Your strategy should be 'hit and run' .... since this is Super Bowl weekend, a better analogy is 'quick short passes'. In this way, you have a better chance to increase your success rate. Just get it and move on to the next target. And remember, don't listen to any woman, they're all NOW members. :bunny:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Whatever you do man, don't take advice form a woman. Your strategy should be 'hit and run' .... since this is Super Bowl weekend, a better analogy is 'quick short passes'. In this way, you have a better chance to increase your success rate. Just get it and move on to the next target. And remember, don't listen to any woman, they're all NOW members. :bunny:

What is a NOW member?:ermm:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
What is a NOW member?:ermm:
National Organization for Women ... their mandate is world domination for women. All women are automatically members and can be called upon to usurp the existing power structure in society ... which is men in charge of everything, it worked good so far, so I don't understand why NOW wants to change things. :ermm:

Sep 19, 2005
shad...you will get 20 lashes NOW (pun intended) for EXPLAINING to a woman what N.O.W. is......

besides I am almost sure NOW is not allowed in the DR....

just guive them enough freedom to get to the burning of the bras part then hold them in check

bob

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
shad...you will get 20 lashes NOW (pun intended) for EXPLAINING to a woman what N.O.W. is......
Actually Bob they all know about NOW ... they are indoctrinated at a very young age. New NOW members are recruited in restaurant bathrooms ... now you know why men aren't allowed there and they go with other women. Btw, do I get the lashes from a NOW member with no bra? :ermm: