Security or Beauty?

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
LOL, Nope Shad. Even if I did want to ask if anyone knew anyone, I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to give you the satisfaction! :) I had a great time though!

Sep 19, 2005
because she lists those traits first doest mean she isnt attracted to you physically....

it is just what SEPERATES you from others...as why she would chooseyou.

You have to know she would like someone very attractive....but she wouldnt date them possibly because she thinks they are a looser, or abusive or both....if she is attractive, she has choices....and other good looking men are an option....I would not look at it as being ONLY that she wants you for the money

take any wmanin america...two guys like her..both are what she calls equally hot looking to her...they both treat her nice maybe....one works high up in a fortune 100 company,and picks her up in his audi A8, the other does landscaping and and picks her up in his company PU truck.

all else being equal shes chooses money

is she a gold digger...not in my book

bob

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I agree with you as well - at least that is my same thinking here.

But, what I have heard over and over is that age is not such an issue, looks are not such an issue, it is more how you are inside and how you treat your partner.
(now, I think the women are more in tune with this than the men - us normally being pretty darn shallow and looks are pretty important).

Even between same race Dominicano/Dominicana I have heard the same thing. She wants and is happy with her man because of who he is and what he provides.
Not so much on looks or money.

C

Chip00

Women want security and balance and responisibility-which I am sure make the men more attractive.

Is this the case?

This is a common trait among a lot of women the world throughout. Generally men are more entralled with a women's beauty than the women with men's looks. Heck, it's even in the Bible!

Also, when women are surveyed about what's the most attractive thing about their man they answer the eyes most of the time.

Also, if your "light" colored as I am many Dominican women find this attractive - even though you might be butt ugly like I am!

To summarize, to many men it is of utmost importannce to have an attractive mate at alll costs but this same way of thinking in women is less common in my opinion but what is more common is the man's status as a provider. When you get down to it, men ain't got a whole lot to look at but everybody, women and men alike recognize the beauty of women. Remember, it really makes sense if you accept God created men first and then women.

cozmikgirl

Jan 4, 2007
I agree with you as well - at least that is my same thinking here.

But, what I have heard over and over is that age is not such an issue, looks are not such an issue, it is more how you are inside and how you treat your partner.
(now, I think the women are more in tune with this than the men - us normally being pretty darn shallow and looks are pretty important).

Even between same race Dominicano/Dominicana I have heard the same thing. She wants and is happy with her man because of who he is and what he provides.
Not so much on looks or money.

Bottom line...if you aren't at the same level of 'attractiveness' (ie) she's a hot young beauty and you're a plump not so attractive rich american, she's only in it for the money. If she's average looking..as are you...then I think there is a chance she is being genuine. We all know who fits into our league and who is out of our league. If she would be out of your league in North America...she is out of your league there too..but has a different agenda.

Age is another factor. If she is in her late 20's and begins to see that there is more to people than just looks...it would take months of getting to know you for her to be attracted to you for your 'personality' and that could/would only happen if you were to see her on a regular basis. HOWEVER, if she goes into it because she figures she can have a good life with you PROVIDING for her..that will eventually fizzle.

I didn't read all of the posts..so not sure if it was mentioned..but how old is she?

It always kills me when i read about these 47 year olds who really think that this gorgeous 18 year old is into them for other reason besides their money. USE COMMON SENSE

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I am not sure I agree totally about the equalness in attractiveness.
There are many other 'butt ugly' men like me that have gorgeous looking mates and vice versa. That makes it a bit too shallow.(I am talking about serious relationships)

I am not really talking about anyone in particular but more on what I see.

It seems that the sankiettes yes want the money. But also that even the other women that are serious that a expat it more attractive because of two reasons. One, apparently most dominicanos are too machismo and two, seemingly and probably do have enough money and ability to support and provide a good life.

What I am getting at is-is it enough, or is it real, that the women there in RD or even here in NA for that matter, that with security and of course some attractiveness they are truly interested.
Will they stay?
Will it be enough?

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Also, if your "light" colored as I am many Dominican women find this attractive - even though you might be butt ugly like I am!

I don't know that I would say they find it so attractive despite your self proclaimed ugliness. I would say you were easier to spot as a "rich gringo" and that was probably the initial attraction. Trust me, where ever you go, whenever you see an ugly guy with a BEAUTIFUL woman, it's most likely because he has much, much, much more money than she does. She might grow to love you later on but please believe your pockets were the initial attraction. I think that's just a fact of life.

As for you Shad, I do tend to be a little on the sadistic side at times! But with you lurking around, who could blame me? One must always be on her p's and q's.

cozmikgirl

Jan 4, 2007
I am not sure I agree totally about the equalness in attractiveness.
There are many other 'butt ugly' men like me that have gorgeous looking mates and vice versa. That makes it a bit too shallow.(I am talking about serious relationships)

I am not really talking about anyone in particular but more on what I see.

It seems that the sankiettes yes want the money. But also that even the other women that are serious that a expat it more attractive because of two reasons. One, apparently most dominicanos are too machismo and two, seemingly and probably do have enough money and ability to support and provide a good life.

What I am getting at is-is it enough, or is it real, that the women there in RD or even here in NA for that matter, that with security and of course some attractiveness they are truly interested.
Will they stay?
Will it be enough?

That is kinda what i'm trying to say. I can see people of un-equal attractiveness together, and like you said it's because it's serious. It can't be serious after such short periods of time. Usually they are friends first and then they fall for the other person even tho they aren't the best looking person...but when it's so quick the initial attraction is the money and MAYBE just MAYBE they will fall for them later on too

C

Chip00

I disagree

I don't know that I would say they find it so attractive despite your self proclaimed ugliness. I would say you were easier to spot as a "rich gringo" and that was probably the initial attraction. Trust me, where ever you go, whenever you see an ugly guy with a BEAUTIFUL woman, it's most likely because he has much, much, much more money than she does. She might grow to love you later on but please believe your pockets were the initial attraction. I think that's just a fact of life.

As for you Shad, I do tend to be a little on the sadistic side at times! But with you lurking around, who could blame me? One must always be on her p's and q's.

Suitelady - first might I ask if you're Dominican? I'm not by the way but I just find it odd when you discount the whole "opposites attract" dynamic. The reason being that I have numerous dominican friends black and white, mixed couples included and you would really be surprised to find that this "dynamic" is alive a florishing in Quisqueya.

I have numerous examples if you like but four come to mind quickly. One a dominican friend of mine who is almost pure white Spanish but is not interested in dating "las rubias" nor wants not "una india" but a "morena"! Two a good very dark male friend of mine marry's a white lady that by the US standards is anything attractive but for him she's "completa"! Three, a very distinguished Doctor at La Union, who appears pure Spanish has a wife that is all but "morena oscura"! Shall I continue or do you get the idea?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Great examples Chip.

But how did they meet. Were any of them ex-pats? And what was/is the reason they are together?

(why does the Dominicano like the ugly white chick? lol)

C

Chip00

Great examples Chip.

But how did they meet. Were any of them ex-pats? And what was/is the reason they are together?

(why does the Dominicano like the ugly white chick? lol)

Only one couple I mentioned included an American. It was my wife's cousin and he is real dark and his wife is a white American. Sure some naysayers will say it was all about the money but I say whereas a women can "fake" attraction men generally can't - if you know what I mean. Anyway, I overheard all the things my wife's cousin was telling me he was "doing" with his new bride and believe me - it wasn't fit for general consumption! lol. Let me tell you this guy wasn't faking anything and in fact they have a little boy!

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Suitelady - first might I ask if you're Dominican? I'm not by the way but I just find it odd when you discount the whole "opposites attract" dynamic. The reason being that I have numerous dominican friends black and white, mixed couples included and you would really be surprised to find that this "dynamic" is alive a florishing in Quisqueya.

I have numerous examples if you like but four come to mind quickly. One a dominican friend of mine who is almost pure white Spanish but is not interested in dating "las rubias" nor wants not "una india" but a "morena"! Two a good very dark male friend of mine marry's a white lady that by the US standards is anything attractive but for him she's "completa"! Three, a very distinguished Doctor at La Union, who appears pure Spanish has a wife that is all but "morena oscura"! Shall I continue or do you get the idea?

I'm not talking about black and white or racial differences when I made the comment I made. I"m talking more about ugly guys (the one I commented to just happened to be white) that go to the DR thinking that the women there are so into them because of their looks. I was simply remarking that she was probably just able to spot him in a crowd because he's white. I totally agree that people of different races can have legitimate attractions to each other. I myself have been attracted to men of other races. I think you just misunderstood what I was talking about. I totally get what you are saying...but I wasn't really talking about race at all other than the fact that the girl spotted him because he was a noticeable gringo...but he stated he is ugly... An ugly guy--regardless of color--should not think that a woman in the DR wants him for any more than money. That's just my opinion.

I know you'll say what about my examples...if they are attractive or the couples look like they could belong together, they are not the type of matchups i'm talking about.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Okay I get it :)

You been burnt suitelady? Get the feeling you are a bit jaded.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
jrf,

you mean i'm not handsome ? and all this time i thought dominican girls liked me for my looks...:(

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Okay I get it :)

You been burnt suitelady? Get the feeling you are a bit jaded.

Actually, to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't been burnt, but I'm a woman and I have a feeling that I know what most women want since we are usually all quite similar in our wants and desires. Most of the time when you see a beautiful woman with a not so great looking guy, that not so great looking guy has money.

How else do you explain the Donald Trumps, the Billy Idols, and the Stephen Tylers and Jermaine Dupris of the world. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but I think if any of these guys didn't have money/fame do you really think they would have had all the beautiful women they had? If a woman has given up on having a guy with looks you better believe he's got enough money to take the place of his good looks. Again, just my opinion. JRF, you don't have to agree with me at all...it's just my perspective on the situation.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
jrf,
you mean i'm not handsome ? and all this time i thought dominican girls liked me for my looks...:(
I'm sure sometime in the future a mathematician will develop a formula to quantify handsomeness ... and moolah will definitely be the most important variable in that formula. In the mean time, I think there is a direct relationship between good looks and moolah ... your good looks increases directly proportional to the amount of moolah in your wallet. :bunny:

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... Most of the time when you see a beautiful woman with a not so great looking guy, that not so great looking guy has money.
Thanks SL for that nugget of wisdom .... waiting patiently for acceptance to join the Franciscan Monks. :nervous:

Last edited: