Sosa watch

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Seriamente......

But I agree with you there.
I do understand both of you, but in case you forgot, this is a democracy,
and Robert is the President of this democracy (DR1).

Meaning: we have rights and some of us decided to exercise our right and post on this thread.

Remember what SOME people say:

"One's man garbage could be another man's treasure", or some schit like that.

Ohhh, and btw, a thread with a mere 22 posts and 277 views is hardly a thread where "so much time and energy" has been wasted on.

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I do understand both of you, but in case you forgot, this is a democracy,
and Robert is the President of this democracy (DR1).

I know, no need to remind me that's why I gave my opinion. ;)

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Te entiendo....

I know, no need to remind me that's why I gave my opinion. ;)
As long as we are on the same page, cool.

Besides, I don't want give Chip00 an excuse to start YET another thread. hahahahaha.

Just "kidding" Chip00, again, you are a cool dude.

Back to topic:

Anybody knows how the juicer and cheater, Sousa, is doing lately?.

Angry?? me thinks not

Let's see Cleef......Chien-Ming Wang came close to pitching a perfect game yesterday, Mussina is back from the DL and the Rocket signed with the Yanks - me angry??? Don't think so. Besides, what does being a Yankee fan have to do with Sammy Sosa?

Whoever said they have a right to post whatever they want about Sosa is exactly right and I respect their right to do that. My point is that there are so many other dominican players that could and should be talked about in the Dominican Baseball Thread as well. For example how about Fernando Martinez - the 18 yr old who's playing for the AA Binghamton Mets? Keep an eye on him.

C

Chip00

This is a free board and anybody can start a new thread. Also, for those of you who aren't in the know, I'm a Sosa fan long before I even knew where the DR was.

I will remain a fan until someone proves that he is guilty. And for all of the questions "Why Sosa?" - well who else from the DR is on the cusp of making history. Why can't anybody give them the benefit of the doubt but me?

What Sammy is doing is exciting and every time he gets up to bat he is fun to watch. As for the other Dominicans when they are ready to break major records I will start a thread about them too.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Entiendo....

Whoever said they have a right to post whatever they want about Sosa is exactly right and I respect their right to do that. My point is that there are so many other dominican players that could and should be talked about in the Dominican Baseball Thread as well. For example how about Fernando Martinez - the 18 yr old who's playing for the AA Binghamton Mets? Keep an eye on him.
That "whoever" would be me, Miguel.

And my point is that this is a SOUSA's thread and whomever wants to post here, about Sousa, can.

Now, since I understand where you are coming from, EVERYBODY is entitled to start their own thread about the player they want to talk about.

So, companero, go ahead and start one about Fernando Martinez.

Inquiring minds want to know.........

Cleef - are you still the moderator of this forum? If so - lo siento - I broke my own rule about NOT posting here, and now I am regretting it. I have no one to thank/blame but myself.

I don't know any of the others who have been posting lately (Miguel, A. Hidalgo, Chip00) about Sammy Sosa. It seems that I have stepped on some toes. If that is the case - sorry about that. I understand exactly how DR1 works. Dolores who along with Robert makes up DR1, is a good friend. I also know that everyone is welcome to their opinion, and just as some of you think Sammy is great, I don't. Besides the ongoing question about Sammy and steriods, he is on a long list of dominican players who "made it", but have forgotten where they came from.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Cual es la diferencia...

Cleef - are you still the moderator of this forum? If so - lo siento - I broke my own rule about NOT posting here, and now I am regretting it. I have no one to thank/blame but myself.

I don't know any of the others who have been posting lately (Miguel, A. Hidalgo, Chip00) about Sammy Sosa. It seems that I have stepped on some toes. If that is the case - sorry about that. I understand exactly how DR1 works. Dolores who along with Robert makes up DR1, is a good friend. I also know that everyone is welcome to their opinion, and just as some of you think Sammy is great, I don't. Besides the ongoing question about Sammy and steriods, he is on a long list of dominican players who "made it", but have forgotten where they came from.
You know Steve, I also decided, a while ago, not to post on this forum because I believe CleefyDinky is NOT a baseball fan, rather a team fan(JUST MY OPINION), and we clashed heads all the time.

But, I am back posting here because this is NOT his forum, he is just a moderator. If he doesn't like something I say, he can go ahead and delete it. It's well known that I will eventually find a way to post the same thing again, perhaps more diplomatically.

I also came back because I have OPINIONS about threads on this forum, whether people agree with them or not.

No matter how many times people say Sosa is great, it's NOT going to change the fact that I think he is not.

Yes, I used to like him, BEFORE the corked bat and the steroids rumors. I just didn't like him enough NOT see what's in front of me (corked bat and accusations).

Keep on posting because you have the right to your opinion, just like everybody else here.

But on the same token, let's be fair.

Sosa does help the Dominican Republic. Every time he does, it's on the news.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No hay ningun problema.......

Thanks Miguel. I appreciate, respect and understand your comments.
No problem.

My beloved mother used to say:

"When you voice your opinion, don't let anybody debate it, although it will. If and when someone debates it, stick to it. But if and when you let anybody change our own opinion, then your opinion meant nothing since you, yourself, didn't believe in it". --GH.

Now, keep on posting away and keep on voicing YOUR opinion.

Topic related:

Sosa is a cheater and a juicer, hahahahahahahahaha!!.

Last edited:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Re: Sosa. He's gonna have to show and prove in Texas this year. NO ONE's making him an offer, nor will trade even the equipment manager's assistant for him this year. This is the bed he made for himself. If he gets disinterested, it's a wrap for him. No one's gonna pay him the money he THINKS he's worth, at this stage.

BTW, The MFYs pitching doesn't look so bad anymore, does it??? As BAD as April was for the Yankees, and as good as it was for the Red Sox, they're only apart by 5.5 games. Considering that in the past week, MFY starting pitchers in 2 games were flirting with no-hitters, and now they got Clemens back??? Yeah, okay. Maybe overpaid for him, but whatever, it's only $18 million actually for the 7-times Cy Young winner. Sawks paid $51.1 million just to be able to sign Dice-K, and he's getting touched up more than a Sosua hooker!!!:laugh: Fair trade-off, I say not, esp. since Clemens will be also tasked with grooming along Phil Hughes. Who better to learn from?

I'm with Migs, 100%!!!! He knows my thoughts on his last post.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Aparecio un muerto.....

Re: Sosa. He's gonna have to show and prove in Texas this year. NO ONE's making him an offer, nor will trade even the equipment manager's assistant for him this year. This is the bed he made for himself. If he gets disinterested, it's a wrap for him. No one's gonna pay him the money he THINKS he's worth, at this stage.

BTW, The MFYs pitching doesn't look so bad anymore, does it??? As BAD as April was for the Yankees, and as good as it was for the Red Sox, they're only apart by 5.5 games. Considering that in the past week, MFY starting pitchers in 2 games were flirting with no-hitters, and now they got Clemens back??? Yeah, okay. Maybe overpaid for him, but whatever, it's only $18 million actually for the 7-times Cy Young winner. Sawks paid $51.1 million just to be able to sign Dice-K, and he's getting touched up more than a Sosua hooker!!!:laugh: Fair trade-off, I say not, esp. since Clemens will be also tasked with grooming along Phil Hughes. Who better to learn from?

I'm with Migs, 100%!!!! He knows my thoughts on his last post.
El diablo Toney, where in hell have you been buddy?.

I am more than glad you decided to post again on this forum.

I know your frustration here (and even his name, hahahaha) and even though we decided not to post again FOR THE SAME REASON, I hope you really understood my last 2 posts and stay.

Now, about Sousa, I really don't care much about the guy. At least not anymore. I have no respect for someone who I THINK is a cheater and juicer.

About my beloved Yankees, well, that moron Clemens is lucky that I am not the Yankees GM!.

That guy is ALL about the money, nothing about the game.

Wasn't him the same guy who decided to NOT keep playing for the Yankees because he was going to retired, only to sign with Houston?. And not only that, but influenced Pettite to leave the Yankees and sign with Houston also?.

That jerk is making baseball look like a joke!!.

He plays whenever he wants to play. He retires and returns whenever he wants. He is just a part-time player making MLB look like a joke.

He uses the same stupid excuse over and over again:

"I want to spend time with my family". BUTTT:

As soon as a team makes him " an offer he can't refuse", the hell with the family, hello millions!!.

I've been saying it for YEEEEARS, to MOST players, baseball is not a sport anymore, IT'S A BUSINESS!!.

SHAME on my beloved Yankees for signing that jerk!!.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Desperate for leadership in pitching

I've been around the board, just decided not to post here. Your last few posts really made a lot of sense, as to why the hell I wasn't posting in this forum.

Sosa is Sosa. It is what it is. YOU know he's a cheater. I KNOW he's a cheater. So does many others. He's been exposed. Now, even with almost 600 homers, no one cares. I just hope no one EVER tries to make him the best DR outfielder, just based on stats.

Notice I stayed out of the A-Rod debate in April. He had a hot month, so what. Hasn't hit a HR since.....? Same ole dude, just hope he learns to toughen up this year and ride out the long haul. We'll need him. When he's on, he's the best in baseball. But, even him being so hot, couldn't win games alone for the Yankees. Pitching needed to be addressed.

Re: Clemens. Not a fan, wasn't before he joined the Yanks, wasn't really while he was with the team, wasn't when and how he left. However, he was effective for us, and when he left, the quality of our pitching staff declined.

He's a hired gun, but in today's baseball world, who isn't? he just has the luxury to pick and choose his team. He's earned it. Again, yes we paid him a pro-rated $28 million (approx. $18+ million in reality). However, we get what he brings to the table once a week in consistency and leadership in quality starts. VERY needed right now, regardless of his family demands, whatever. He will mentor Phillip Hughes and Wang (the future) during this time. Therefore, the $18 million being spent is worth it, even if only for one year. What we fielded as pitchers against the Sawks, irregardless of injuries, was a complete joke. Now we have a staff of Pettite, Mussina, Clemens, Wang, and Hughes. Pretty formidable. Torre can work the bullpen with that. Now watch how effective Vizcaino, Proctor, Myers, and Riviera will be now.

And on a personal note, if someone agreed to sign me for $1million a week, I would really care less what people "think" of me. LOL!!!

El diablo Toney, where in hell have you been buddy?.

I am more than glad you decided to post again on this forum.

I know your frustration here (and even his name, hahahaha) and even though we decided not to post again FOR THE SAME REASON, I hope you really understood my last 2 posts and stay.

Now, about Sousa, I really don't care much about the guy. At least not anymore. I have no respect for someone who I THINK is a cheater and juicer.

About my beloved Yankees, well, that moron Clemens is lucky that I am not the Yankees GM!.

That guy is ALL about the money, nothing about the game.

Wasn't him the same guy who decided to NOT keep playing for the Yankees because he was going to retired, only to sign with Houston?. And not only that, but influenced Pettite to leave the Yankees and sign with Houston also?.

That jerk is making baseball look like a joke!!.

He plays whenever he wants to play. He retires and returns whenever he wants. He is just a part-time player making MLB look like a joke.

He uses the same stupid excuse over and over again:

"I want to spend time with my family". BUTTT:

As soon as a team makes him " an offer he can't refuse", the hell with the family, hello millions!!.

I've been saying it for YEEEEARS, to MOST players, baseball is not a sport anymore, IT'S A BUSINESS!!.

SHAME on my beloved Yankees for signing that jerk!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Te entiendo.....

I've been around the board, just decided not to post here. Your last few posts really made a lot of sense, as to why the hell I wasn't posting in this forum.

Re: Clemens. Not a fan, wasn't before he joined the Yanks, wasn't really while he was with the team, wasn't when and how he left. However, he was effective for us, and when he left, the quality of our pitching staff declined.

He's a hired gun, but in today's baseball world, who isn't? he just has the luxury to pick and choose his team. He's earned it. Again, yes we paid him a pro-rated $28 million (approx. $18+ million in reality). However, we get what he brings to the table once a week in consistency and leadership in quality starts. VERY needed right now, regardless of his family demands, whatever. He will mentor Phillip Hughes and Wang (the future) during this time. Therefore, the $18 million being spent is worth it, even if only for one year. What we fielded as pitchers against the Sawks, irregardless of injuries, was a complete joke. Now we have a staff of Pettite, Mussina, Clemens, Wang, and Hughes. Pretty formidable. Torre can work the bullpen with that. Now watch how effective Vizcaino, Proctor, Myers, and Riviera will be now.

And on a personal note, if someone agreed to sign me for $1million a week, I would really care less what people "think" of me. LOL!!!
You are absolutely right, he is just a hired gun. BUT;

Let's not forget he plays the same "My family comes first" all the time.

Just be a fricking man and say that you will wait for the best offer instead of saying things that you doesn't mean. Nothing wrong with that.

He played it last year and still signed with Houston.

Now, have we forgotten that he did NOTHING for Houston last year?.

I mean, winning 7 and losing 6, to me, it's not such a big deal.

Now, have we forgotten that the man is going to be 45 in a few months (August)?.

We are not talking about a spring chicken here.

Even Nolan Ryan, the toughest son of a bitch that ever pitched, couldn't beat "father time".

I hope the Yankees don't end up like Houston last year, regretting signing him!!.

Btw: For a million a week, schit, for that amount I would even become the whole Yankees organization's sex slave, wahahahahahahaha!!.

Ps: Toney, we need more guys like you on this forum and this site. Honest!.

Last edited:
C

Chip00

Sure I welcome dissent too!!! hahahaha!

Still this thread was supposed to be about following our beloved Sammy break 600HR?????!!!!!:lick:

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I could care less about his Houston days. I truly believe he thought he could pull it off there, BUT.....zero offense. Definitely not his fault. He probably did believe all that family stuff. I mean, he did get the chance to play with his son.

Yes, his record was only 7-6, but his ERA was only 2.30. Without checking, I'd venture to guess that the team scored 2 or fewer runs in at least 5 of those 6 losses. He was ON last yr, the record wasn't his fault, nor did he ever bitch about it. He asked for the 18 million, he got it, he earned the right to ask, and I believe he'll produce. Remember, this dude is THE ultimate competitor. And like Ryan, he uses his legs to pitch, which is why I think he'll win 10-15 games this yr.

The Yankees are in the business of winning championships, not competing for 2nd place (like some other teams that we know well). At the end of every season, if a World Series is not won, the season is a failure. Now THAT, is what you should expect from a team, not excuses. They have the resources to build a highly-competitive team annually. They position themselves to be THE team to beat, annually. 86 year droughts are NOT acceptable.

Epstein is Cashman's bitch, an analogy for something even greater. Just proved it again.

Thanks for the compliments, but please....stick to your day job. Yankees sex slave????:laugh:

You are absolutely right, he is just a hired gun. BUT;

Let's not forget he plays the same "My family comes first" all the time.

Just be a fricking man and say that you will wait for the best offer instead of saying things that you doesn't mean. Nothing wrong with that.

He played it last year and still signed with Houston.

Now, have we forgotten that he did NOTHING for Houston last year?.

I mean, winning 7 and losing 6, to me, it's not such a big deal.

Now, have we forgotten that the man is going to be 45 in a few months (August)?.

We are not talking about a spring chicken here.

Even Nolan Ryan, the toughest son of a bitch that ever pitched, couldn't beat "father time".

I hope the Yankees don't end up like Houston last year, regretting signing him!!.

Btw: For a million a week, schit, for that amount I would even become the whole Yankees organization's sex slave, wahahahahahahaha!!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como?......

Sure I welcome dissent too!!! hahahaha!

Still this thread was supposed to be about following our beloved Sammy break 600HR?????!!!!!:lick:
Care to define "our"?.

You will be surprised how NOT many people, Dominicans included, don't consider Sausa "our" anymore.

Toney:

Let's wait and see just don't forget he is 45.

Btw: Clemens wasn't playing for free, therefore, in my opinion, he doesn't deserve to make a mockery out of the game.

Indeed, he has been VERY good for the game but the game has also been VERY good to him.