sosua nightlife

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The only way sosua can be cleaned off its reputation is by burning it down with putas and sex mongers in it and then rebuilding it from the scratch. For now, lets leave sosua for the cueros and johns. No dominican family would ever go there in 50 years, even if you clean up all the puta bars. The reputation sticks to the place.
AZB

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Someone with a sense of decency started this thread by commenting on the misery of the women trapped in the sex trade, especially the young ones. It ends with comments reflecting no understanding whatever of any insult to human dignity.
Check out the urban dictionary for "sleazy"--shabby, dirty, vulgar, perverted. Derived from slimy and greasy.
There's a big difference between sleazy and Disneyland. Sosua doesn't have to degenerate into a souless wasteland.

Please tell me why these women are "trapped". Who, exactly, is holding them against their will. I want to know, and obviously you do know who they are. We will go to the police together and complain about these kidnappers. I live here. I have a wonderful girlfriend here. She has a wonderful family. They are dirt poor. Literally living in shacks with dirt floors. Not one of her family would ever consider prostitution as an option. So don't talk about women being trapped in anything. It is a CHOICE. Or are you saying, as a woman, that women do not have the mental or moral capacity to make these decisions on their own? I think the "Sisterhood" might take you to task for that one, extremely politically incorrect.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
RBH44

Maybe it's a way to survive for some (and let me make it clear, I am not generalizing and talking about every girl i see on the street) .. history has a funny way of repeating itself -- maybe she was born into a family that thinks this type of 'work' is okay... maybe they think AIDS is only contracted through gay men too... it doesn't make it right. Maybe her mother or father or whoever, is forcing her out there to do these things. i don't know, i didn't ask her! sure, she's not taken by the hand and made to do these things, but when she comes home with no money, then what? a beating? .. sexual punishment for her? god only knows.. maybe a 'sorry hunny, better luck tomorrow night' (mm hmm, yah right) maybe it's the only way she can support her family.. again, history tends to repeat itself. there are a lot of 'what if's' and 'maybes' and i can only assume (which makes an ass out of YOU and ME .. yes, me too because really, i don't know 100%)
sure they keep them employed, but at what cost. their dignity? their respect? it's terrible no matter how you look at it. i don't like in Canada and i don't like it here.. i can't imagine anyone 'loving their job' doing this... at the end of the night, even with money in their pocket, they have to feel ashamed of what they're doing... there has to be at least a little self doubt in there telling them that this is not the way... it's human nature. selling your body for money is not a respectable 'profession'.

and FYI, i don't hang out in bars every night. i make enough to support myself... not every Suzy, Sarah and Sasha out on the streets who i feel sorry for. i also would love to help all the 4 year old boys i see out on the streets at night begging, or sleeping curled up into a little ball shivering.. but again, i cant do so. this is a reason i don't have children of my own yet... but who knows, i think a beer or two tonight seem to be in order.. oh wait, ill keep it to one so i can save some girl from being with at least one nasty tourist looking for some nookie...cause you know, I'm mother Theresa on my off days..

you seem to have a lot of attitude about this ... and yes, i do know families who don't support this and think that it's terrible. my bf's family for one. i guess we have some common ground there.

well, being a 'tourist', i guess you could still call me, i come here because i love my friends, bf (and family) the beach, the new people i meet everyday, the fruit that i can go and pick off the tree, the secluded beaches I've found, the beautiful scenery and weather etc etc etc. i don't come here for the prostitutes, nor does my family when they visit.

who knows what you are... there are a few things that come to mind but ill refrain from posting these.

what brought you here in the first place....??

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
However, it seems to me that the size of the prostitution market is limited and there always seem to be too many entrants into the bar/club scene to service the demand. How places like Seacrets and Club X stay in business, I don't know. Maybe they just exist to launder funds from elsewhere.

Makes perfect sense. Two of Santo Domingo's biggest casas are owned by Cubans. I wouldn't doubt there's a little large scale currency exchange going on there.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
you seem to have a lot of attitude about this ... and yes, i do know families who don't support this and think that it's terrible. my bf's family for one. i guess we have some common ground there.

well, being a 'tourist', i guess you could still call me, i come here because i love my friends, bf (and family) the beach, the new people i meet everyday, the fruit that i can go and pick off the tree, the secluded beaches I've found, the beautiful scenery and weather etc etc etc. i don't come here for the prostitutes, nor does my family when they visit.

who knows what you are... there are a few things that come to mind but ill refrain from posting these.

Wow!

You're accusing someone else of "attitude about this"? I can't speak for anyone else but my first trip to the Dominican Republic was to visit Dominican friends I'd met elsewhere. While in Santo Domingo I ran into 3 Dominicans that I knew from work and met their families. I've been all over the world but this place is my flavor and I return often. I like the food, the climate, the music, the people and the beaches. I also love the Women.

After divorcing for the last time I have no problem accepting the Dominican culture when it comes to relations between Men and Women. Apparently you do.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
last night as i was sitting at el flow with my bf and some friends, i couldnt help but notice this young girl sitting with an old old man. i see it a million times, but this time she really caught my eye. not once did this girl smile ... in fact, she had such a sad, distraught look to her that it made me sad! he was all over her and it looked like she just wanted out ... after sitting there for about an hour, they got up and left... it grosses me out. prostitution happens, i know and thats not the part that really gets me ... it's these girls that look like they would rather eat **** than go with these nasty ass men. money or no money, i think they need to realize that they are worth more than that. it looks like a game to some and its just another night out with some nookie at the end and extra cash in their pocket but the others is what makes me cringe.

Chelleyyyy,

You DO realize that El Flow is a bar frequented by every hustler and lowlife in town, and the last place a NA guy would take his girlfriend, right?

I'm just saying that because you went to ground zero in the well-known and long-established prostitution capital of the DR, and then choose to complain about the scene.

It's a little like going to Vegas in July and complaining about the heat.

Did you see a bunch of older, pasty, larger and/or plain looking women walking around with dudes half their age? Men aren't - by any stretch - the only ones doing that sort of thing. And trust me, the guys are just as grossed out - but not so much they won't sleep with you for money to help their ailing abuela. :tired:

But back to you. What were you doing in a knucklehead bar in Sosua? Perchance, is your bf Dominican? Or does he like Dominicanas? :bunny: Because there are hundreds of better bars in dozens of better towns for an upstanding couple to patronize than El Flow.

Reactions: badpiece33

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
maybe they think AIDS is only contracted through gay men too... it doesn't make it right. Maybe her mother or father or whoever, is forcing her out there to do these things. i don't know, i didn't ask her! sure, she's not taken by the hand and made to do these things, but when she comes home with no money, then what? a beating? .. sexual punishment for her? god only knows.. maybe a 'sorry hunny, better luck tomorrow night' (mm hmm, yah right) maybe it's the only way she can support her family.. again, history tends to repeat itself. there are a lot of 'what if's' and 'maybes' and i can only assume (which makes an ass out of YOU and ME .. yes, me too because really, i don't know 100%)
sure they keep them employed, but at what cost. their dignity? their respect? it's terrible no matter how you look at it. i don't like in Canada and i don't like it here.. i can't imagine anyone 'loving their job' doing this... at the end of the night, even with money in their pocket, they have to feel ashamed of what they're doing... there has to be at least a little self doubt in there telling them that this is not the way... it's human nature. selling your body for money is not a respectable 'profession'.

now i don't condone prostitution but i also don't condone people making statements about something they have NO CLUE about....
walk a mile in thier shoes first before you even try to describe what's going through thier minds....what seems totally unacceptable to you just may be the norm to them

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
This thread has become mental. It reads like we are talking of separate sosua realities. I do wish people who have only visited for shorter periods of time would do a bit more listening than guessing how it is. And I really wish some of these women would just try a little to accept that this difference in womens feeling towards sex is very real, and just because you wouldn't and feel it is so bad they must be forced doesn't make it so, you just need to get that through your heads.
As for cleaning up sosua, this has nothing to do with the girls, 90% of them are professional and work hard for a good income. To clean up sosua at all, and that would mean clear up the aggressive side and underbelly of the town then you need to get rid of 80% of the dominican and haitian guys under the age of 40. They are the reason behind the real filth and nasty goings on in that town, the stuff you don't see on the streets but read in the papers that does all the damage, unfortunately linked so close to cheramicos it often carries the load for both places, and for some reason the sh1t that goes down in pop seems to effect sosua.
But like I said, it appears we are all talking about different sosua towns, maybe you disagree with me.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Chicks that pick up sankies don't realize that they are sex tourists too.

Chelleyyyy,

You DO realize that El Flow is a bar frequented by every hustler and lowlife in town, and the last place a NA guy would take his girlfriend, right?

I'm just saying that because you went to ground zero in the well-known and long-established prostitution capital of the DR, and then choose to complain about the scene.

Did you see a bunch of older, pasty, larger and/or plain looking women walking around with dudes half their age? Men aren't - by any stretch - the only ones doing that sort of thing. And trust me, the guys are just as grossed out - but not so much they won't sleep with you for money to help their ailing abuela. :tired:

But back to you. What were you doing in a knucklehead bar in Sosua? Perchance, is your bf Dominican? Or does he like Dominicanas? :bunny: Because there are hundreds of better bars in dozens of better towns for an upstanding couple to patronize than El Flow.

Reactions: badpiece33

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
RBH44

Maybe it's a way to survive for some (and let me make it clear, I am not generalizing and talking about every girl i see on the street) .. history has a funny way of repeating itself -- maybe she was born into a family that thinks this type of 'work' is okay... maybe they think AIDS is only contracted through gay men too... it doesn't make it right. Maybe her mother or father or whoever, is forcing her out there to do these things. i don't know, i didn't ask her! sure, she's not taken by the hand and made to do these things, but when she comes home with no money, then what? a beating? .. sexual punishment for her? god only knows.. maybe a 'sorry hunny, better luck tomorrow night' (mm hmm, yah right) maybe it's the only way she can support her family.. again, history tends to repeat itself. there are a lot of 'what if's' and 'maybes' and i can only assume (which makes an ass out of YOU and ME .. yes, me too because really, i don't know 100%)

and FYI, i don't hang out in bars every night. i make enough to support myself... not every Suzy, Sarah and Sasha out on the streets who i feel sorry for. i also would love to help all the 4 year old boys i see out on the streets at night begging, or sleeping curled up into a little ball shivering.. but again, i cant do so. this is a reason i don't have children of my own yet... but who knows, i think a beer or two tonight seem to be in order.. oh wait, ill keep it to one so i can save some girl from being with at least one nasty tourist looking for some nookie...cause you know, I'm mother Theresa on my off days..

Well I can tell you, that without even knowing your age I have much more life experience than you do. That does not make me any more intelligent than you but it certainly gives me much more to base my statements on. I did not move here to be with a member of the opposite sex as you stated you did ( did you read the section on Sankies? If not most members here will certainly enlighten you when they find out and explain in detail the error of your ways. Me, I figure your a big girl and can make your own decisions) Some women have been selling and/or using sex to get what they want since time began. That does not make it right or wrong. That is just reality. Some men do the same thing, they just don't use sex. They use their position or power. And like others have stated, what the hell are you doing hanging out at El Flow? That your bf's idea? If my novias family found out I was taking her to El Flow in Sosua that would be the end of that.

I respect the right of everyone to have their own opinion. I also respect my right to disagree with it. It's all good.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
RBH44

I retired here. I am curious, if you don't mind, where did you meet your Dominican BF? Certainly not in Canada. On the streets of Sosua while you and family were on vacation? You said you do not live here. Are you planning on moving here in the future to continue this relationship? Perhaps one day you and he will be together........ in Canada? I tell you honestly that I hope everything works out for you and you find happiness.

What days are those? :) I'll leave my grand kids at home and go alone. When I go, usually Sundays, the only girls frolicking in the water are 4 to 15 years old Dominicans. Girls and boys mostly there with their parents.

Eddy some days in the late afternoon when the beach is quiet you can see some of this going on usually from roughly from where siempre sol is on towards the Charamico side of the beach. See ya there I usually go for my swim around these times. ;) And they are not 14-15 year olds they are 20 somethings usually

The only way sosua can be cleaned off its reputation is by burning it down with putas and sex mongers in it and then rebuilding it from the scratch. For now, lets leave sosua for the cueros and johns. No dominican family would ever go there in 50 years, even if you clean up all the puta bars. The reputation sticks to the place.
AZB

I seen alot of Families from Santiago there last week!!!! Some of them were even respectable looking Families from Santiago. Maybe I will even have a sighting of the great AZB oneday there. ;) ;)

RBH44

OMG you are talking about us men and you are supporting your own Sanky!!! HAHAHA You are just like all those men in Sosua except you dont even realize it. Where did you meet this boyfriend of yours? Does he pay when you go out? Do you help his family out? Have you met his female cousins? One of them is likely to be his wife or real girlfriend.

Chelleyyyy,

Excactly she has been Sankyfied and doesnt even know it.

I retired here. I am curious, if you don't mind, where did you meet your Dominican BF? Certainly not in Canada. On the streets of Sosua while you and family were on vacation? You said you do not live here. Are you planning on moving here in the future to continue this relationship? Perhaps one day you and he will be together........ in Canada? I tell you honestly that I hope everything works out for you and you find happiness.

I asked this same question days ago, Chelley where did you meet your Sanky? Dont hate the player hate the game Chelley. Good luck with the Sanky.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy some days in the late afternoon when the beach is quiet you can see some of this going on usually from roughly from where siempre sol is on towards the Charamico side of the beach. See ya there I usually go for my swim around these times. ;) And they are not 14-15 year olds they are 20 somethings usually
Every time I phone my wife back home she asks me if I started to go the the beach yet. She says I need the exercise. I think she might be right. ;)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Badpeice - I am sure you have it all wrong!
I mean, everyone else - yeah of course they have sankies but Chelley's man is different.
Completely different - hers is the real thing.
They just go down El Flow to look at the sad gringos and the putas.

Really

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Badpeice - I am sure you have it all wrong!
I mean, everyone else - yeah of course they have sankies but Chelley's man is different.
Completely different - hers is the real thing.
They just go down El Flow to look at the sad gringos and the putas.

Really

Let me guess:

"No, No! Hector is muy differente! While we were sitting at the beach, or lying in bed in the room I had paid for, he told me of his plans to become a neurologist while pursing his career in musica, and was going to start school just as soon as his baby sister got her operation."

Seriously Chelleyyyy, lemme help. If guys who don't look, act, dance, party, and have sex like your "bf" don't actively pursue you at home, then the only reason they're pursuing you in DR is to get into your...purse.

To be clear, you are NOT a "romance tourist" who just happened to find love on a beach or a tipico bar. And there are some who would say your naive search for love makes you emotionally vulnerable and easily taken advantage of. That's the result of watching too much Oprah.

You, my dear, ARE A SEX TOURIST, even if you don't realize it or haven't admitted it to yourself. That's the only reason any gringa would find herself within 1000 feet of El Flow. Because your sanky (that's what they're called, by the way) "boyfriend" thinks, in his highly limited worldview, that's the best place to go and show you (and your shiny purse) off to other sankies and putas in the area.

Hope you enjoyed that Presidente.

Last edited: