sosua nightlife

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
Sosua's only chance for survival now that North Coast tourism is drying up is to have a liveable environment where decent people can live in condos and villas. Where the children on the street are wearing school uniforms and being children, not sex slaves. But that will not happen as long as the town is filled with sleaze. Garbage attracts garbage.

Very few of the chicas you see working in Sosua are actually from sosua.
They come from all over the country,most of them are 18 or older, they come to make money to support their child, to make money for college or the family sends them there to make money for the household. It has been going on for years and will continue for years. No one is going to change that. If you do not like it you need to not go there. And by the way, there are girls working all over the country making money the same way. Sosua is just a place they can come to without being seen. They come for a week or two and then they go home.

If there are those who are so offended by the sight of a sad young girl with and older man (which I rarely see) but the next time you see it, make a new friend, give the girl 3000 pesos and tell her she doesnt have to go with the old man tonight.

Reactions: SKY

ctp1812

Jan 19, 2009
I saw a man with a young girl at a hotel in Santiago. He noticed me looking and turned away scared that I might report him or something. I did not do anything about it, did not tell the hotel reception, maybe I should have. What does one do in such cases? I just want to do the right thing.

Want to do the right thing? Go back where you came from. It is DR....

Unless the girl looked like she was 12 and in fear for her life, you should mind your business. Any decent hotel has rules, the girl needs to be 18 and has to show her ID to get in.

I can't believe you people are so worried about this.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Want to do the right thing? Go back where you came from. It is DR....

Unless the girl looked like she was 12 and in fear for her life, you should mind your business. .

I think that goes for anywhere in the world. Also bare in mind that that there are a lot of 12 year old's who have children of their own in the world. So unless it's your daughter (Personally I would cut the MF's balls off if she was mine), walk away. There is nothing you can do but create problems for yourself.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
What days are those? :) I'll leave my grand kids at home and go alone. When I go, usually Sundays, the only girls frolicking in the water are 4 to 15 years old Dominicans. Girls and boys mostly there with their parents.

At the end of the day, nearing 4 the girlsdo come out from Charamicos and go for a stroll down the beach, some are not wearing more then a wet t-shirt and a string... I've seen it with my own eyes the few times I was down at the beach... furthermore I was proposed by half the bar maids to go visit a cabana with them... lastly there is a massage /bj shack halfway down the beach and the girls aren't to shy about showing themselves

Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie

If you're a family with children you will see the girls in skimpy bikini's frolicking in the water, either see-through or with some parts popping out..

I told myself I would refrain from posting any more on this thread because there is so much foolishness being posted by very silly people who know absolutely nothing about Sosua.

However, after seeing this ridiculous statement posted by MerengueDutchie, I just had to respond.

The only women fitting MerengueDutchie's description are Europeans, who trying their darnest to project their version of "Euro-thrash" chic on the local population. Dominican women simply do not dress or act like that at the beach. And those women are usually isolated and shunned by everyone else. What nonsense.

These girls look distinctly dominican/haitian to me..... and frankly I can't even look at the specimens you're talking about, they make my retina burn..

Someone should tell the 10 or 15 busloads of Dominican families plus who knows how many jeepetas full of people that travel from Santiago etc. to the beach every weekend.

I still prefer Punta Rucia, Playa Megano, La Heremita, Diamante etc, etc on the North Coast for my family outings... there are much less vendors, much less price gouging, much more relaxed and the water is much clearer on most days too.. and to my mind a much nicer crowd (if you're known there)... many Dominicans still think of Sosua as a puta place

I think that those Domincan families with houses overlooking the bay, the old money santiageurosm are stuck, because they have those houses, if they could do it over, I'd bet they would buy a property in Punta Rucia

Eddy some days in the late afternoon when the beach is quiet you can see some of this going on usually from roughly from where siempre sol is on towards the Charamico side of the beach. See ya there I usually go for my swim around these times. ;) And they are not 14-15 year olds they are 20 somethings usually

Guess I'm not the only one who has seen this...

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Any of the "dress police" ever go to the beach's in the South of France or a lot of other places in Europe? They don't even bother to wear a top.

You need to clean that up right away.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
At the end of the day, nearing 4 the girlsdo come out from Charamicos and go for a stroll down the beach, some are not wearing more then a wet t-shirt and a string... I've seen it with my own eyes the few times I was down at the beach... furthermore I was proposed by half the bar maids to go visit a cabana with them... lastly there is a massage /bj shack halfway down the beach and the girls aren't to shy about showing themselves

You and Badpiece have convinced me to take my health back in hand and start going to the beach more frequently. I thank you.

Mar 2, 2008
I'm with you, Eddy, but since I already go to the beach quite frequently, I guess I'll just have to make it past Tom's place once in awhile. It seems like that is where all the action is.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007

These girls look distinctly dominican/haitian to me..... and frankly I can't even look at the specimens you're talking about, they make my retina burn..

I still prefer Punta Rucia, Playa Megano, La Heremita, Diamante etc, etc on the North Coast for my family outings... there are much less vendors, much less price gouging, much more relaxed and the water is much clearer on most days too.. and to my mind a much nicer crowd (if you're known there)... many Dominicans still think of Sosua as a puta place

I think that those Domincan families with houses overlooking the bay, the old money santiageurosm are stuck, because they have those houses, if they could do it over, I'd bet they would buy a property in Punta Rucia

Why not go live in Iran if the sight of the human body is so offensive to you? Problem solved. You act like you've never seen breasts or an ass before. No doubt your children will be ruined for life if subjected to a woman in a small bikini. Of course if one of your children happens to be a boy you will be very disturbed to discover that when he gets older he will spend most of his life in prusuit of those boobs and ass. No doubt you will disown him at that time. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T GO THERE.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Why not go live in Iran if the sight of the human body is so offensive to you? Problem solved. You act like you've never seen breasts or an ass before. No doubt your children will be ruined for life if subjected to a woman in a small bikini. Of course if one of your children happens to be a boy you will be very disturbed to discover that when he gets older he will spend most of his life in prusuit of those boobs and ass. No doubt you will disown him at that time. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T GO THERE.

You are assuming too much..

My original posts was to the tune that Sosua is only a moderately family oriented beach, there are other beaches more family oriented, which I listed.... no more no less

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the only breasts ive seen in sosua belonged to a german lady who was strolling towards me......Im guessing she had very white kneecaps by the end of her holiday

Dominicans tend to wear t shirts over their swimsuit mostly

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can bet that the ones offended by a girl in a skimpy bikini are the ones that can't even fit in a bikini.

voltage69

May 25, 2009
Ive seen some of the most ridiculous statements on this thread that I've ever seen in my life. These girls are being forced? cmon! yeah i wish someone would force me into an hours work to make what everyone else makes in a month. oh the woe!! Theses people who clean horse stables for 8 bucks an hour in our country and probably hate it, but if someone was going to give me my months pay to do it for a day.. id be whistling dixie and smiling with every scoop. Ive spoken to some of the girls "working" in sosua.. some do it because they think its fun.. it feels good so why not get paid. That girl with the old guy in el flow, oh well, she didnt have to go with him. she could have said no and found a younger more attractive guy. I have a friend who isnt so attractive and when he has tried to catch certain girls eyes, they turned away. No one is forcing these girls. Dont try to being the messed up "morals" of america into a foreign country. Realize first that the rest of the world laughs at us for our closedmindedness. We were taught in this country that prostitution is wrong just like terrorists are taught that the united states is the enemy. people believe what theyre taught. Doesn't always mean its right now does it?

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
the only breasts ive seen in sosua belonged to a german lady who was strolling towards me......Im guessing she had very white kneecaps by the end of her holiday

Dominicans tend to wear t shirts over their swimsuit mostly

Personally, myself, the only topless women I've seen on the beach were in Cabarete....maybe about 10 total...and they were all anglos...

You might see a Dominican girl in a skimpy bottom, but the vast majority would never even consider going topless...

akat

Jan 6, 2011
You sound like one of those world government feminists that see male abuse everywhere. All men who visit working girls are after underaged women. And there is AIDS threats at every turn. I don't know why you are posting on this area unless it is for some sort of motive like this.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
if you're so offended, why not speak up ? i hope you don't expect complaining on a website will change things. we all know the police is not going to change things, so why don't you organize a group and speak to the working girls and underage kids you see on the street.

actions speak louder than words.....

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Ive seen some of the most ridiculous statements on this thread that I've ever seen in my life. These girls are being forced? cmon! yeah i wish someone would force me into an hours work to make what everyone else makes in a month. oh the woe!! Theses people who clean horse stables for 8 bucks an hour in our country and probably hate it, but if someone was going to give me my months pay to do it for a day.. id be whistling dixie and smiling with every scoop. Ive spoken to some of the girls "working" in sosua.. some do it because they think its fun.. it feels good so why not get paid. That girl with the old guy in el flow, oh well, she didnt have to go with him. she could have said no and found a younger more attractive guy. I have a friend who isnt so attractive and when he has tried to catch certain girls eyes, they turned away. No one is forcing these girls. Dont try to being the messed up "morals" of america into a foreign country. Realize first that the rest of the world laughs at us for our closedmindedness. We were taught in this country that prostitution is wrong just like terrorists are taught that the united states is the enemy. people believe what theyre taught. Doesn't always mean its right now does it?

GOOD post! I agree with you. Most of these women are choosing to do this. Some see the easy money and that is what they choose. Those from other cultures need to leave their judgements at home. they don't belong here.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well look at it from the OP's point of view. young, tender, vibrant chicas all around her getting all the attention. men throwing pesos around like rocks in a pond. and what is an over-the-hill woman doing ? jealous, jealous, jealous......

she probably can't catch a cold. :ermm:

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
last night as i was sitting at el flow with my bf and some friends, i couldnt help but notice this young girl sitting with an old old man. i see it a million times, but this time she really caught my eye. not once did this girl smile ... in fact, she had such a sad, distraught look to her that it made me sad! he was all over her and it looked like she just wanted out ... after sitting there for about an hour, they got up and left... it grosses me out. prostitution happens, i know and thats not the part that really gets me ... it's these girls that look like they would rather eat **** than go with these nasty ass men. money or no money, i think they need to realize that they are worth more than that. it looks like a game to some and its just another night out with some nookie at the end and extra cash in their pocket but the others is what makes me cringe.

what really made me want to write this was i also saw a girl who couldnt have been more than 9 years old. it really disgusted me. and the police kept driving by like usual and i know they saw her. i've seen a woman dragging around her 5 year old son begging for money late at night, pregnant girls drinking/smoking/looking for a gringo, girls maybe 15+ but never this young. are there no laws to protect these young girls?

All I can say is this,, never go to Bangkok........... I mean I once saw this guy on a scooter, he was easily in his eighties with a girl that was no older than like 14. Im still scarred mentally.