Started sponsorship to Canada for my wife....Carlos process from start to finish

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
yah I know, what can we do now then??? send a letter to the government????

Here's what is posted on the website

Please be advised that we do not provide information by phone. However, you can send us an e-mail, but only your most recent e-mail will be replied to. As a result, if you send repeat messages they will be put in queue and it will take longer for you to receive a reply. Please make sure that all information is within one e-mail message, and that you have provided the name, date of birth and file number (if applicable).

Taken from Haiti :: Home :: Discover Canada :: Visas and Immigration

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Just to keep you guys updated, I received all the forms we people that live in quebec get to apply for the certificate of selection and they said I will be receiving my ceritificate by the end of this month, then I take that certificate and send it to my wife and she only waits for the Canadian Embassy in haiti tocall her to do the interview. Do you guys have any advice for the interview? I am afraid my wife might get nervous since she hasnt ever been interviewed in the past... Can you guys give me a piece of advice so I can pass it on to her??? thanks a lot I appreciate it

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
hey guys just to keep ou guys updated, the website changed to "in process" today april 22, and it says that they started processing the application on april 15th 2008, so that shows some progresS!!!!!!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Congrats Caredbl84! You must be really excited tonight! Fabulous news - make sure you keep us all posted!! That was really quick, let's hope the rest of the process goes that quick!

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
congratulations carlos!! i hope we can be so luckily as you and your wife. we are so nervous waiting for a change in the status of the application in Haiti, this is my time line so far:
feb 19 docs sent to Mississauga
feb 21 2008 documents received
march 7 2008 start processing
March 17 decision made and letter sent and PR not available
march 19 letter received ( aprovado) and docs forw to Haiti
for us it has been just a month since the approbation , but i agree with the people who was saying is pretty addicted to check your status online. :)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
yeah, you should be getting your "in process" status soon though... just be patient like I was and sometimes is even better forget you are going through the process at all...that way time goes faster and you get to realize how fast time passed when its been like 1 or 2 months XD

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
hey people, my wife just got a letter monday dated back to April 22nd asking for additional documents to be submitted in 90 days, if she fails to do this then they could even refuse to put the visa on her passport. These are the documents requested:

- More proofs of relationship, in particular of comunication, since the beginning of the relationship (phone bills, letters, emails, cards, receipts of money send, property/vehicle/insurance/bank account in common, trips together, receipts of money send, photos together, etc).
- Copies of sponsor’s passport page showing all entry and exits stamps since 2001.
- Copy of your “certificat de selection du quebec”
- Original marriage certificate (“extracto de acta de matrimonio”)
- Original birth certificate (“extracto de acta de nacimiento”

I already sent her today the documents I needed to send via federal express, she will be getting them friday. I had to send the copies of the passport which were submitted when I started the process... I sent more pictures, letters, Fido phone bills (she is getting some bills from her phone number too with the received calls), emails, phone cards linked to my cellphone bills, selection certificate, etc.... and she will be sending some letters she has from me too and some emails she wrote me and some other pics she has there of us and some more stuff.

Well this is kinda like a relief since I can see they are indeed working on my file and will continue next week when my wife goes to santo domingo to send all the documents to haiti via Fedex so we can get a tracking code and see when they receive the docs. The person who is helping me told me that they are probably asking for these documents so that they can call her in some weeks to ask for the passport and put the visa, but I think it could be possibly for an interview too and my wife is getting ready for the interview as well just in case....well she doesnt need to get ready that much for it because we have been together since a long time (16/02/2003) and things are going great....and will get even better when she finally arrives here....

Johana

May 24, 2006
caredbl84,

great to see that they are working on your wife's file.
Looks like April 22 was letter day. My husband's letter also stated that he had 90 days to provide the documents in order for them to continue working on his file so that is standard :)

Buena suerte!!!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
yeah that's what I thought, and it really takes a long time for the sponsored people to get their respective letters.....but anyways at least they got them, thanks for the good luck! and good luck for u too!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
what shipping company are you using to send documents to haiti from DR when asked?

Hi people, I need to know which shipping company you guys are using to send the documents that the Canadian Embassy in port-au-prince ask you to sned from santo domingo to port au prince when you receive that letter asking for additional documents to be submitted within 90 days? I am asking this because Fedex doesnt allow people to send Birth certificates or marriage certificates in their packages when you wanna use them as a shipping company.... and you also gotta find some kind of permition document to send other civil documents so they wont return the package back to the sender....any answers on this guys??? thanks

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hi Carlos,
my husband sent an original marriage certificate along with a copy of his birth certificate with UPS. He sent these documents in a letter saver on Wednesday from Puerto Plata and they were delivered to the embassy on Friday morning and the cost was 1550RD.

Hope that helps.
Jo-Anne

castro

Jul 5, 2007
My husband also used UPS, and we tracked it online to see when they recieved and signed for it.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Hi Carlos,
my husband sent an original marriage certificate along with a copy of his birth certificate with UPS. He sent these documents in a letter saver on Wednesday from Puerto Plata and they were delivered to the embassy on Friday morning and the cost was 1550RD.

Hope that helps.
Jo-Anne

JoAnne, can you please steer me to where the UPS office is here in Puerto Plata? I would like to use them to send some documents to the U.S. coming up soon. Thanks in advance. Either post it here or send me a PM. Your help is appreciated.

L

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
ok do you have the address for the ups office in sto dgo? and the phone number???? johana? or anyone????

Johana

May 24, 2006
Trabajadora,

the UPS location in Puerto Plata is on John F. Kennedy at the corner of el 16 de agosto. Of course my husband cannot remember if it is a UPS office or another store that sends UPS.
I hope that helps :)

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
hey guys, what address did you send the documents to??? I am having a confusion because I know someone that works in the embassy that assisted my father when he was sponsoring us (brothers) and that person worked with my fathers file after they had lost the 1st application, and she told me to send the docs to

canadian embassy
Immigration Section
route Delmas, Between delmas 73 and 75 (but they have in their website 71 and 75)
port au prince, haiti

can anybody tell me which one is the good one? 73 and 75 or 71 and 75????

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
When I sent my our requested documents down via Purolator I just put down the address they sent me on the letter. Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section, P.O. Box 826, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.

Hope this helps

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,

My husband used the address on their website when shipping our documents last week:
The Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
Route de Delmas
Between Delmas 71 and 75
Port-au-Prince

The documents were sent out Wednesday afternoon from Puerto Plata and were delivered Friday at 8:00am to the Embassy.

Most couriers will not deliver to a P.O. Box.