Started sponsorship to Canada for my wife....Carlos process from start to finish

castro

Jul 5, 2007
My husband sent his papers to the same address marxsis sent his too . And they did recieve them by UPS.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Re-Immigration Canada, is it mandatory to translate the documents?

hey guys, I was wondering if it is mandatory to translate the documents to english or french when your sponsored person gets the letter from the Canadian Embassy in haiti asking for additional documents like letters, money receipts, cards, phone bills, marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc... even though the letter is in english but it doesnt specify anywhere that the documents need to be translated to either english or french? I am asking this because my wife went ahead and sent all the documents she was requested to re-send by the canadian embassy in haiti IN SPANISH, including the originals of the civil documents, phone bills, love letters, cards, bank accounts in common and life insurance policy. she needed to send all this:

- More proofs of relationship, in particular of comunication, since the beginning of the relationship (phone bills, letters, emails, cards, receipts of money send, property/vehicle/insurance/bank account in common, trips together, receipts of money send, photos together, etc).
- Copies of sponsor?s passport page showing all entry and exits stamps since 2001.
- Copy of your ?certificat de selection du quebec?
- Original marriage certificate (?extracto de acta de matrimonio?)
- Original birth certificate (?extracto de acta de nacimiento?

BUT GUYS KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS LETTER WAS IN ENGLISH BUT IT DIDNT SPECIFY ANYWHERE THAT MY WIFE HAD TO TRANSLATE THE DOCUMENTS TO EITHER ENGLISH OR FRENCH, THANKS

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
carlos, i am sorry but yes you have to send everything translated in to english or french that is what the guide says.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
yeah but as far as I know that is only when you are applying for the first time, not when requesting additional documents

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
this is from mart: i think this person have enough expirience and they did it:
Well just to give you a little update we sent our papers to Haiti ( again) we sent all originals, we had them translated ( again) and sent them off, I requested that someone sign for them when they arrive.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,
the receipts, love letters...all your personal info does not need to be translated. I sent about 150 emails with our application....some were english, some spanish, some spanglish :) I sent other items that were in spanish without being translated.

I believe in the guide it stimpulates documents such as marriage certificates, birth certificates if not in either english or french need to be translated.

As far as resubmitting documents - I know the letter does not ask for it. We sent translations "just in case". Even though they have the exact same translation already - I didn't want to give them any reason to slow down the process.

I'm sure in your case if you are sending originals of documents already sent then you sent a translation with your copy of marriage certificate and birth certificate with your application. They should be able to find those translations :)

As I have mentioned a few times they asked us for a photocopy of a document that they have an original...so I wasn't taking any chances.

I wouldn't stress about it seeing as your wife has already sent the package off to Haiti. I know that's much easier said than done. But she has submitted the documents requested - as they requested them so that should be good enough.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
exactly Johana, you see? someone that understands me, my wife and the person who is assisting me with the process..... u know what is the way I see it? if they wanted the documents to be translated, they would say that in the letter they sent just like they stated they wanted us to send photocopies of all the civil documents submitted. Thanks Johana....

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Things just got worse with the permanent resident visa application

Hey guys, I was browsing through the CIC website and went over to the processing times for the applications outside canada. If you notice, our applications can now take 2 more months max.... now is up to 19 months rather than 17 like it stated before.... and if you look through all the other processing times around the world, they increased dramatically......

check it out here:

Application Processing Times: Applications Processed Outside of Canada

WOOWW

castro

Jul 5, 2007
Well since we sent our application in back in March/2007 we went from 3-16 months then the longest was 17 months and now you say 19 months, it really does'nt surprise me...... Watch as you wait for your application to finish being processed and I'm sure it will increase again... I think Haiti right now is the longest Embassy to process applications.... WHY... How can they keep increasing the months like this.... They seem to do what ever they want over there with no explanation as to why.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
caredbl84 - You were checking the part for Permanent Residence but if you are sponsoring your spouse it is a different section and it still says the same 8-17 months. It was last updated on 2008-02-06.
Family Class - Spouses and Partners.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
But it's true, it has gotten worse. More than 900,000 applications are backlogged, last year only 230,000 people were admitted. They're planning to make all skilled applicants prove their English skilled regardless of their country of origin (UK, USA etc). The conservative Harper government has money to speed up the refugee process with more judges etc. and those jobs are unfilled. It's all interconnected. Some people have been waiting for years to be reunited with their parents etc. Hang in there.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
I wish, but honestly speaking, since my wife doesnt even speak english or french and hasnt even worked before (but she finished high school just like me and has 1 yr of university education). they will not give priority to our case because they don't see a big need to have her here... i have proof already that when people that will be more useful to the canadian workplace apply to come here to live in canada, they process their case in LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. they get their VISA right away....

I just hope my wife gets her VISA before the end of the year. we can only pray and wait for got to do something. we even sent the additional documents they requested back in may and its been over 4 months they have them and still Nothing....

Johana

May 24, 2006
Carlos,

did you try contacting your MP to see if they can get a status update for you? Maybe they need a little push to finish processing your wife's application.

I will keep positive thoughts that your wife will be here to help you celebrate the New Year!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
hey guys just to keep ou guys updated, the website changed to "in process" today april 22, and it says that they started processing the application on april 15th 2008, so that shows some progresS!!!!!!

Carlos, if they started the processing the application April 15th then you're just into your 6th month so that's not too bad. Hang in there.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Our application went into "In Process" on April 24th and my husband is here now. You have a very similar timeline - hopefully you are next!!!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
let's see how it goes... thanks for the support, you guys are great, i appreciate it... i always talk with my wife about this website.... we hope we can be together soon. or i might have to go there around january or for our 1st anniversary....

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
Port of Spain

can anybody tell me how to communicate with them to ask about my wife's medicals she had done in January 3rd 08? and who do i need to talk to and what do i need to get info in regards to our application?