Teaching Salaries

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My advice to anyone is to retire in the DR after you have made your money. If you need to work here, have a job you can do via the internet . Working for someone else in the DR will rarely put you in a position to save for a decent retirement.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Thank you for your post I am also thinking of teaching there but the contract looks rather weak I would have to pay for almost everything to get there etc alo salary could be delayed for 3 to five months any advice I would be coming from the far east regards

Where would you teach en what would you teach? And to whom? Do you speak Spanish?

Kip

Aug 21, 2015
wondering what "evidence of an evangelical Christian faith commitment might be?
Usually this is just an expectation that the person publicly professes a Christian faith and (generally) adheres to some mainstream evangelical denomination or tradition. In my experience this expectation is pretty loosely held to. Most schools that state this in policy are happy if one isn't drunk in the gutter or pimping wh*res. It's to ensure that prospective new hires are committed to the "spine" of the school's established tradition....not necessarily the "rib" issues.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
wondering what "evidence of an evangelical Christian faith commitment might be?

Would that not be discrimination of hiring someone based upon faith and illegal in the DR?

As in no Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Pastafarians (or about 100 other faith's members) need apply?

Where is the outrage?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Would that not be discrimination of hiring someone based upon faith and illegal in the DR?

As in no Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Pastafarians (or about 100 other faith's members) need apply?

Where is the outrage?

Once more time we have to realize we ae in their country and the laws and beliefs and superstitions are different than wherever we come from. If they want to discriminate it is their right to do so, and none of our concern.
Der Fish

Solstafira

Oct 26, 2018
1. Inner city poor or upper class rich- kids will chew you up and spit you out if you don't have your act together.  

2. Just because students are upper class and wealthy doesn't mean they are elitist and rude.  Of course this happens and I experienced it when I taught in the DR. But in my experience this is the exception not the rule. I experienced kind, considerate, intelligent students who worked very hard and had excellent work ethic. So anyone who is making the assumption that the private international schools are full of spoiled brats actually doesn't know at all. 

3. A quality school, regardless of location, will ensure that it's students have important values and morals in relation to their interactions with others and their academics.  If you want to assume the private international schools don't bother with this you are wrong, because they do. Obviously public schools can overlook the importance of this as well. 

4. There are excellent schools in the DR with excellent foreign and local teachers.  They are not full of liberal arts school majors who can't find a job. 

5. I can provide salary information from 2014-2015 for several schools (some as recent as 2017) in this thread but will not do so publicly. Send me a PM if you are a TEACHER and I will try to help you out. 

Hi, I am new to the forum but don't seem to be able to PM. I am a British qualified teacher, qualified head teacher, with 20 years experience. I was wondering what the salary is liekly to be in the DR, as I've seen a job but they never specify salary!

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Hi, I am new to the forum but don't seem to be able to PM. I am a British qualified teacher, qualified head teacher, with 20 years experience. I was wondering what the salary is liekly to be in the DR, as I've seen a job but they never specify salary!

I believe you have to have 10 posts in order to access private messaging? (PM).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

It will be very, very, very little. Exactly how little, I don't know, just that it will be very little.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

International School Of Sosua
School
Address: Sosúa 57000
Phone: (809) 571-3271

Call this school and they should give you that info. I know a husband and wife that worked there about 12 years ago and seemed to like the situation there. But I don't know the salaries and they are teaching in China last I heard.

This is a good school and they usually are hiring teachers, so you should get the salary price. My daughter went there for two years and she is currently an Architect in the US.