That "I'm pregnant" thing - again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The smart*** comment was intended for Bronxboy

Everyone is only trying to help so don't take things personally.

I don't know this girl so don't take nothing personally here but one doesn't have to be a 300 peso hooker to try and go for the big prize whatever that might be in this case. Have her take a pregnancy test at this point as others have suggested and be present when she does this.

As DRloca ( who BTW is a very smart woman) mentioned, no one walks around with copies of an ultrasound.

To add;
DNA testing is very expensive and I don't think it can be done till the child is born if that is her intention.

So what's the real question here?

Reactions: Bronxboy

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
It's pretty obvious that Bronxboy is just polluting your forum with his usual bull, and not trying to help. But nevermind, it's not my problem.

Well, I don't find it too surprising that you have an (clearly) ORIGINAL of the ultrasound test in your purse when you get out from the lab?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well, I don't find it too surprising that you have an (clearly) ORIGINAL of the ultrasound test in your purse when you get out from the lab?

Ok forgot that, what does she really want from you and what do you want from us?

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
Ok forgot that, what does she really want from you and what do you want from us?

I don't know. Primarily your views on the story in general (is she bull$hitting me?), and then advice on the procedure to follow. Your insight has helped me but if anyone else has something to add, I'm all ears.

She most likely wants a) money for the abortion b) money for raising the child c) money to keep if this is all fake.

Worst case scenario - any help on an illegal abortion clinic is appreciated. I'm probably not the father but at least I can help her out with an abortion.

May 29, 2006
Stop this from ever happening again.

WEAR CONDOMS.:ermm:

especially with a hooker. come on now!

He did mention something like that with some cryptic wording. It's a legit post regardless of how he got himself into the situation. He might be getting scammed or it might be a legit medical condition, but I doubt he is the father. The post about getting the at home test made good sense to me, but it could be something else. If she really is pregnant, she might be trying to get money for an abortion or just some more money for the kid down the road. The RU-486 pill is suppose to work for up to the first two months of pregnancy, but whether you can get it in the DR is another question.

There seems to be an ongoing double-standard in the forums where when women are scammed they are treated with sympathy and when men are scammed or have some other problem, it must be because they were sleeping with a "hooker." It's not only insulting to the male posters, but it also implies that any Dominican woman who sleeps with a foreigner is a prostitute.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Stop this from ever happening again.

WEAR CONDOMS.:ermm:

especially with a hooker. come on now!

First the OP stated that the rubber broke.... pay attention Bronxboy. And second yours is a meaningless post that has nothing to do with what the OP asked. This board is a great source of info. But I do not understand the need to reply to posts when you are not addressing the original question and have nothing to add. Are you starved for attention at home? The OP did not ask anyone, including you, about wearing condoms. He did not ask your opinion on if the chica was a puta. So tell me Bronxboy, why do you feel the need to reply with a meaningless and non-responsive post? What is your point? Unfortunately you are not alone. You have to weed through the useless replies from people with to much time on their hands to actually get to the real answers.

That seems to be the norm on all message boards. WTF

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I'm probably not the father but at least I can help her out with an abortion.

I thought she is not a hooker?? :ermm:

She wants money, period! why do you want to help her terminate a pregnancy you had no involvement in?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
So, met her at one of the pricier joints in SD, which still means that there is lots of hooking going on, but hey she told me it was the second time she was there.

Hey, this post says alot.

Condom broke, YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
There seems to be an ongoing double-standard in the forums where when women are scammed they are treated with sympathy and when men are scammed or have some other problem, it must be because they were sleeping with a "hooker." It's not only insulting to the male posters, but it also implies that any Dominican woman who sleeps with a foreigner is a prostitute.

+1

The "she's a ho" reply demonstrates a certain outlook Dominican women which does not correspond to my views, although I'm fully aware of what's going on (hence my description of the bar as an upscale place but with the usual prostitution going on). I'm not here for easy lays as opposed to certain others. But having sexual relationships isn't unheard of between consenting adults, and accidents do happen. I think it's fair to suppose that this is normal, and not something you should blame the OP for.

Will try to make use of less cryptic wording, promise ;) (English is not my mother tongue).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
She most likely wants a) money for the abortion b) money for raising the child c) money to keep if this is all fake.

There you go! But you are the only one to get that info out of her. Everyone else is just guessing.

Feb 15, 2005
She most likely wants money for the abortion b) money for raising the child c) money to keep if this is all fake.

abortions in DR are frowned upon unlike in the US. If she is trying to have the child and receive a monthly stipend from you is something you have to sort out. This may be the most likely scenario. IF not offer to pay for the abortion and see what she says.

Either way having a test done may be pointless in that she may really be pregnant and then you box yourself into a corner. have a home test done first, its cheap and doesn't make you too boxed in, tell her to do it just to be sure and her own piece of mind. If she indicated that she doesn't want the pregnancy, go for it. But be sure that she will hit you with guilt forever. Nevermind all that.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know an expat who was in a similar situation, except he had spent more time with the girl. The girl took him to court and it cost him US$10,000 to be used for child support.

Keep your suitcase packed and be prepared to leave before you had planned would be a wise precaution.

I think she is pregnant and you should not talk about waiting for the results. But the ultra sound images should be checked by a doctor of your choosing to see what it says regarding number of days/weeks to reach that stage.

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
I thought she is not a hooker?? :ermm:

She wants money, period! why do you want to help her terminate a pregnancy you had no involvement in?

She's probably not doing this for fun. There is a reason behind everything. If she is pregnant and will be in trouble with her family, job, etc. I can support her morally, but not financially. (Unless it's proved that I'm the dna source). Otherwise, she pays for her life herself. So far there is nothing that proves that I'm not involved, although there are a few things that indicate this. Will check the facts with a few impartial doctors and see where it leads.

Feb 15, 2005
She's probably not doing this for fun. There is a reason behind everything. If she is pregnant and will be in trouble with her family, job, etc. I can support her morally, but not financially. (Unless it's proved that I'm the dna source). Otherwise, she pays for her life herself. So far there is nothing that proves that I'm not involved, although there are a few things that indicate this. Will check the facts with a few impartial doctors and see where it leads.

for the few savvy posters on this board. what's the deal with the girl being pregnatn, what's the child support. I heard it's around $200US.

Can she get a US visa without the dad's help?

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I would say find out which costs less, having an abortion or having additional pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and repeated gyno visits etc to find out if its even yours.. I agree it's sketchy that she's already having an ultrasound on such a short timeline. Normally after a missed period or 2 and a confirmed pregnancy test, the ultrasound doesn't usually happen until about the 3rd month of pregnancy. If she wants an abortion anyway and it costs you less than having to go through all the testing to find out if she really is pregers or that it's even yours I would just give her the money for that and wash your hands of the whole situation. I would make up your mind soon though because if she waits too long it may be too difficult and she may have a change of heart...

Status
Not open for further replies.