The Kevin William Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
legit question i sent payment vie wire already and was wondering about fees on your end thanks again Rocky your post are very helpful
I'm afraid I lack expertise on this matter.
May I suggest that you start a new thread with your question, with as many details as possible, as it will just get buried in here and not elicit the responses you need.

kevin & sammy

Oct 18, 2007
We have already booked and paid a 30% deposit i wired the mony to the Scotia bank in Samana the bank charge was deducted from the amount was just asking if western union was availabe Yes i am Kevin from Boston not a scammer at all

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We have already booked and paid a 30% deposit i wired the mony to the Scotia bank in Samana the bank charge was deducted from the amount was just asking if western union was availabe Yes i am Kevin from Boston not a scammer at all
The thing is that I'm not familiar with the wire transfer rates, and it varies from bank to bank, and with the amounts as well.
I'm sure that you could get much better responses if you started your own thread.
Are you familiar with the procedure, to do so?

domicanita

Mar 7, 2007
way too funny

Dear Celt,
Sign me up, I'm in.
I've always liked Slobs, lower and upper.
Heck, my girlfriend's a Slob and so was my momma.
Just the thought of raiding the treasury, has me Slobbering all over myself.

Would you have any objections of me helping your Slob uncle onto Slob heaven?
Raiding the treasury sounds so much simpler that washing windows in downtown Santo Domingo.

Tell me what you need?
Banking information?
Password for my ATM?
Credit card details along with all my personals?
Will you be needing nudies of my girlfriend too?
I mean, I'd be glad to toss them in if it helps...
Anxiously yours, Marco the future Slob king.

PS: Sorry to hear about your illness.
Have you tried Preparation H?

I do not know you guys, but this is just too funny. You had me in tears laughing so hard. You should take your show on the road:D

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And here's our latest.

Signed as BA, but hopefully wont catch the pun when I call her/him BS.
The sign off name, Makin Ewark, is code for "making you work", as that's what I intend on doing.
Gonna try to mak'em dance through hoops, if I can help it.
Here it is.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=HT vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap></TD><TD><BENEVAKUNA07@AOL.FR></TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Monday, November 5, 2007 4:51 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>undisclosed-recipients:</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>[SPAM-HI] Please reply urgently</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px">
spacer.gif
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=HT vAlign=top align=right><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD noWrap> Inbox</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=MsgBody height=209 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD>Dear Sir / Madam,

There is a sizeable fund we want invested overseas. I and my younger sister are refugees in Cote D?€™Ivoire, a West African country, and the money in question is an inheritance left for us by our late father, who was a Diamond dealer before his death. We escaped with our father from Liberia to this country after our mother died in the Liberian civil war. Our father also got killed by rebels who were then fighting the Ivorian Government in the northern city of Bouake while he was away on business. This was a very sad moment for us having escaped war in our country to loose our father in the war in another country. We are hoping you are in a good position to help us in the transfer and proper investment of this money in your country.

Please for security reasons, I cannot disclose much information to you now until you have assured us that we can trust you to receive and invest the money for us. My sister and I are currently living in the refugee camp in Abidjan, but we will like to relocate to your country because our condition here is not good. We need to continue our education, while you invest and manage the money on our behalf.
We hope to receive your reply to the above request as soon as you read this email. You can reply through my other email address: beakuna@yahoo.fr

Thanks.
BA.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
And my response,

Hi BS,
What a sad story.
You must be heartbroken, but thank God they have internet cafes in the refugee camps, otherwise how could you have sent out your plea for help.
I would gladly help you, but I must trust you too, so please send me photos of you and your sister in the refugee camp, and then I'll see if I can help you.
Sincerely, Makin Ewark.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Guess what? I've received the same mail. Forwarded it to you. Maybe I should reply from my address to questions he sends to you & vice versa, to see how quickly we can develop his catatonic schizophrenia? :cheeky:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Guess what? I've received the same mail. Forwarded it to you. Maybe I should reply from my address to questions he sends to you & vice versa, to see how quickly we can develop his catatonic schizophrenia? :cheeky:
There's two ways to get back at these low life pond scum.
Wasting their time, and if you're lucky and talented with a lot of time to waste, maybe actually reverse scamming them.
Some of the more professional scam baiters, have managed to get some of the scammers to send them artwork, and even cash.
It may not amount to much, but it would be satisfying to turn their game around on them, and hurt them where it hurts most, in their wallets.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And now, her/his response.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=HT vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>From : </TD><TD>Bernard Akuna <beakuna@yahoo.fr></TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Tuesday, November 6, 2007 7:31 AM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>Marc Beland </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>RE : Please reply urgently</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px">
spacer.gif
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=HT vAlign=top align=right><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD noWrap> Inbox</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=MsgBody height=209 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD>Marc / Makin,

Obviously, you do not take this serious. Depending on what your next response will be, I might not write you again. Yes, loosing one?s parents is enough to break the heart but we are alright. There is no internet access in the camp. I go out to send you email. Having lived in this country for this long, I move around because we are not restricted in the camp. Those who found employment here are allowed to work. I will tell you more about our situation and the offer hoping that we can count on your trust. We will also like to know more about you. I am 26 years old and Evelyn is 23. We moved into the camp after loosing our father. Life has been hard to us but we give God the glory for intervening in our life because once the inheritance is released to us, our sufferings will end. The total amount our late father deposited in the bank (Premi?re Banque Nationale, Abidjan - Cote d?Ivoire) is Five Million Eight Hundred Thousand US Dollars.

Our father used to sell diamonds in Liberia but we relocated to Cote d?Ivoire (Ivory Coast) when war started in Liberia and we lost our mother in that war before we could move. As fate may have it, our father also got killed in late 2002, during the political crises in Cote d?Ivoire. He was killed by rebels in the northern part of the country while away to negotiate the purchase of cocoa farm. He had wanted to reinvest in Cote d'Ivoire after closing down his business in Liberia because of war. Before his death, he deposited the money in a fixed/suspense account with the bank here in Cote d?Ivoire. Recently, we approached the bank for the release but they told us that we do not have direct access to the deposit until we sign papers and complete other formal procedures before the money can be transferred to a regular account that will be provided by us.

We do not want to remain here. We want the money to be invested in a better place and my sister chose the Caribbean. This is why we contacted you to receive the money on our behalf as our trustee and also assist us relocate to your country. We will like to resume our education, which was stopped because of our present condition. What we intend doing is to name you as our trustee who will receive and manage the money on our behalf. To do this, we will need your information such as; your full names, address and telephone number. With these information, we will be able to apply to the bank to transfer the money to the bank account you will provide. The information will also afford us the opportunity of knowing you better thereby building trust.

We understand the step we are taking and pray you not to disappoint us. When the money is successfully transferred and we relocate, then we will discuss very well on the investment. We have decided to pay you ten percent of the money as your fee for receiving the money for us. You will also take care of the investment and gain more. You can call me on this number: +22509573857. We expect your email and the requested information so we can start off the transfer process. I will look for where to scan my picture and send to you next time. Send your picture as well.

Best regards,
Bernard Akuna.

Let's see how long I can make this drag on.
Reply coming up shortly.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And now, the reply....

Yo Bernard,
You got this all mixed up.
First of all, I'm Mr. Marc's personal secretary.
He no longer answers his emails since that accident in the chemistry lab.
Secondly, he says that he will not do any deals with you for less than 50%.
Why should he?
It's not as if you can do it without him.
Lastly, he says that he wants your pictures, both yours and your sisters, right there at the refugee camp, or no deal.

Mr. Marc is more than capable of doing this deal with you, but you have to play by his rules, or he won't even want to waste his time.
It's not as if he wasn't already a millionaire.

Regards, Makin Ewark.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Too funny...

That didn't take long....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=HT vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD>Bernard Akuna <BEAKUNA@YAHOO.FR></TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Tuesday, November 6, 2007 8:15 AM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>Marc Beland </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>RE : Please reply urgently</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px">
spacer.gif
</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=HT vAlign=top align=right><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD> </TD><TD>|</TD><TD noWrap> Inbox</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=MsgBody height=209 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD>Marc / Makin,

Interesting. Well, this is my money and the decision is entirely mine. Good bye.

He/she must be hoping for a counter offer, otherwise, why bother answering?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Wow! A dozen of my friends have made my morning reading.

i had left this thread when it became evident that the scam noted by the OP was directed towards those of you that had businesses that took reservations (large or small).

Now I see that this thread has become a major entertainment center for those of us on DR1. You are all, especially Rocky, to be congratulated. It was a good read. And educational.

Cordially,

Patrice Mwanaumoni
Former Finance Minister
Cote d' Ivoire

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wow! A dozen of my friends have made my morning reading.

i had left this thread when it became evident that the scam noted by the OP was directed towards those of you that had businesses that took reservations (large or small).

Now I see that this thread has become a major entertainment center for those of us on DR1. You are all, especially Rocky, to be congratulated. It was a good read. And educational.

Cordially,

Patrice Mwanaumoni
Former Finance Minister
Cote d' Ivoire
Yo HB.
I don't quite get it.
Is this an email you received?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yet another one.

Looks like the scammers are working overtime, preparing for Christmas.

<TABLE class="mhc " id=mm cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=fhr><TD class=au>stephen komo <STEPHENKOMO09@YAHOO.COM><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 0px" width="100%"><TABLE class=rc cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=_mr_1161a12e0898d10b>

</B>

Dear Friend,Hope this mail meets you well, please permit me to introduce my self to you, my name is Stephen Komo,I am 20 years old, the only son of Late Mr Joseph Komo who was a famous cocoa merchant based here in Abidjan , the Economic capital of Ivory Coast ( Cote D'ivoire). I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the sum of ( $10,500,000.00 ) Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand United State of American Dollars that I inherited from my late father to your bank account .
I am willing to offer you 15% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact. please get back to me asap through my private email address ( stephenkomo20@yahoo.fr ) for more details concerning this fund and I will equally send you my photos so that you will see and know whom I am.
Waiting for your cooperation.

Yours Faithfully,
Stephen Komo.
+225 09525807

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You may have noticed that he's offering 15% commission, up from the regular 10% that Bernard was offering.
Could Bernard & Stephen be one and the same?

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
These are soooo funny guys - made my day - thanks. Must remember next time I get a samming email like that to reply to it ;). I remember I tried to sell my car on the internet and got an offer from someone abroad who hadn't even seen it. They wnated to send me a large deposit for it before picking it up and all they needed was ALL my details lol! I didn't reply but maybe next time.......

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Confusion

Let's see how easy it is to confuse our latest scammer.
There's always a chance that Bernard & Stephen are one and the same, or maybe they're buddies and will be fighting each other for my attention.
Who knows?
Who cares?
Let's just have some fun.
So here's my latest reply to Stephen.

Yo Stephen,
I see that you're willing to negotiate on the percentage, but my reply remains the same as what I wrote to your friend Bernard.
Mr. Marc will not do any deals with you for less than 50%.
Why should he?
It's not as if you can do it without him.
Mr. Marc is more than capable of doing this deal with you, but you have to play by his rules, or he won't even want to waste his time, after all, he is already a millionaire and only does business with people when it suits him.
Regards, Makin Ewark.

Status
Not open for further replies.