Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Sorry, I don't understand Spanish.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR never puts it's X Presidents in jail, the current Presidents know they will receive the same courtesy when it's their turn!
"Honor Among "Ladronasos"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
what the heck does the paucity of black people in the DR have to do with the fact that Balaguer was a racist? do you mean that Caricom leaders should have excused his disdain for blacks simply because he did not see too many of them? it is apparent that he saw enough to express an opinion, which you euphemistically refer to as being less than politically correct.
That is what many Marxists (among other adversaries) say of Balaguer. When I put on the same blinders they constantly wear, it makes perfect sense. The blinders consist of ignoring the continual and visible demographic changes the DR has gone through, which are easily verifiable by simply asking around and, in its defect, reading the descriptions by foreigners that visited the country at various times in the past. They also consist of ignoring that diseases such as cholera, polio, and others that were long ago eradicated from Dominican soil have reappeared thanks to our western neighbors. With the way things are going, even mentioning that Pe?a G?mez was born to Haitian parents will also be enough to categorize someone as a racist.

Anyone that mentions those things can be categorized as racists as long as people ignore certain peculiarities that have been witnessed on Dominican soil. To not ignore those things is to let the racist label lose its punch.

“[Pe?a G?mez] es uno de los hombres m?s brillantes que tiene este pa?s, goza de una inteligencia envidiable y tiene la fuerza de un elefante”. – From (some say racist) Joaqu?n Balaguer

CARICOM was not intended to be a free trade agreement.
OK, so it was meant to be purely political, similar to the UN. Got it.

the gorgon said:
CARICOM is a free trade agreement...
Oh, so it is!

the gorgon said:
it is a Common Market, not simply a free trade area.
:ermm:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The DR never puts it's X Presidents in jail, the current Presidents know they will receive the same courtesy when it's their turn!
"Honor Among "Ladronasos"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I think that if Jorge Blanco wouldn't have fled he would have been put behind bars.

On Leonel, besides all the corruption, he is far more a genius than Danilo, I think among the presidents and head of states of this moment he is one of the better prepared and most intellectual. But maybe the question is if DR should have a genius as president.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Mauricio: But maybe the question is if DR should have a genius as president.

The anwer would be simple: A NON LADRONASO GENIUS !!!:mad:

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
I think that if Jorge Blanco wouldn't have fled he would have been put behind bars.

On Leonel, besides all the corruption, he is far more a genius than Danilo, I think among the presidents and head of states of this moment he is one of the better prepared and most intellectual. But maybe the question is if DR should have a genius as president.

The answer is simple: A NON LADRONASO GENIUS !!!! ( +/- 5 BILLION Euros are bloody missing?.. ):mad::mad:

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014

The answer is simple: A NON LADRONASO GENIUS !!!! ( +/- 5 BILLION Euros are bloody missing.......and no one behind bars and will never happen ):mad::mad:

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Mauricio : But maybe the question is if DR should have a genius as president.

The answer should be this simple: A NON LADRONASO GENIUS !! +/- 5 billion Euros are bloody missing and nobody is behaind bars for it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Besides All The Corruption"???????????????
That's like saying,..."Besides THAT Mrs. Lincoln, How Did You Enjoy The Play"?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Gonsalves should be taking care of his own people's problems like:

"St Vincent and the Granadines - All Caribbean countries (where comparable data is available) show a higher than average rate of rape. Forty-eight percent of adolescent girls reported sexual initiation to be forced in nine Caribbean countries, according to UN Women.

A 2007 UN report pinpointed St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) as having the third highest number of reported rapes in the world.

In 2011, the rate of rapes per 100,000 inhabitants in SVG was 51.21, compared to 30.8 in the Bahamas and 29.6 in Jamaica."

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
neat trick, NALS. if you put away your little amateurish attempts at disingenuity, you will read the entire article, and take those statements in context. CARICOM was conceived with more than a simple free trade area in mind. it was not to be something like DRCAFTA, which is just a trading bloc within members, and operating independently outside of those boundaries. it operates also as a Customs Union, which is a little more than a free trade area. it also has a segment which is a single market organization, with 12 members. Haiti and the Bahamas are not members. if you read about the composition and functioning of CARICOM, you will find that several organizations fall under its umbrella, including the Caribbean Court of Justice, intended to resolve regional disputes among members.

the point is, once again, that CARICOM is not merely a trading bloc, and was never meant to be one. the trade part is just one piece of the puzzle.

No, Gorgon.. HAITI is indeed a member of CARICOM CARICOM MEMBER STATES

as are the Bahamas... The rest of your post sounded so authoritative I was surprised at this error.

obiuno

Jan 2, 2002
On Leonel and Danilo

Leonel a genius? He's a talker, I'll give you that. Danilo doesn't have a way with words like Leonel, but he's far more effective as a leader. He has demonstrated with this issue about the ruling that he's not afraid to take the bulls by the horns. But Leonel? He would have responded by giving one or two speeches and then... do nothing, probably kicking the can down the road as long as he could....

Mar 1, 2009
Didn't Ralph Gonsalves get accused of not being able to keep his hands to himself by a female employee? Maybe Ralphie boy was just trying to steer attention away from that issue by attacking an easy target like the DR.
Anyway, Balaguer was trying to defang and destroy the communist threat in the island. He did dismember what were called the Ateneo's clubs in the neighborhoods, where kids would go recite poetry and play music because in many of them Marxist ideology was being spread. However the fact is that he built many, many schools and invested in education by giving becas (scholarships) to many teachers to study.
The island has gotten darker with regards to the population, most of the European descended population is in NYC, NJ, MASS, Long Island.
Not a biggie, immigration is circular in many instances and one day the island might get whiter again. This is a non-issue, because we Dominican's truly are not racist. We encompass all the colors.
We are so accepting, we even allowed reverse geniuses like Criss Colon into the country.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
bob saunders and the gorgon, let me make this very clear.

I suggest you add each other to your ignore lists.

http://dr1.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

You have until tomorrow, I'll be checking your accounts and if you haven't done this, it will be closed, permanently.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Didn't Ralph Gonsalves get accused of not being able to keep his hands to himself by a female employee? Maybe Ralphie boy was just trying to steer attention away from that issue by attacking an easy target like the DR.
Perhaps, but he was contacted by one of the Haitian ministers and it was after this that he started his anti-Dominican campaign.

Lando calrisian said:
Anyway, Balaguer was trying to defang and destroy the communist threat in the island. He did dismember what were called the Ateneo's clubs in the neighborhoods, where kids would go recite poetry and play music because in many of them Marxist ideology was being spread. However the fact is that he built many, many schools and invested in education by giving becas (scholarships) to many teachers to study.
Don't forget the law that prohibited communist from entering the country and anyone that had on their passport a stamp by one of the communist countries was swiftly placed on the next flight out of the country.

Lando calrisian said:
The island has gotten darker with regards to the population, most of the European descended population is in NYC, NJ, MASS, Long Island.
I wouldn't say most, but definitely a significant minority.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Not a biggie, immigration is circular in many instances and one day the island might get whiter again. This is a non-issue, because we Dominican's truly are not racist. We encompass all the colors.
We are so accepting, we even allowed reverse geniuses like Criss Colon into the country.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lando, you do know 2 important things about Gonsalves, don't you?

1..these charges date back to 2006

2..Gonsalves and Kamla Bissessar, along with the PM of Barbados were in the vanguard of the supporters for admitting the DR into Caricom..before the citizenship decision.

changes things, doesn't it? i mean about deflecting attention..

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Que Dios bendiga a los Estados Unidos de Am?rica por los siglos de los siglos, ?amen!

One of the few TRUE friends the DR has in the global political arena.

I wouldn't be so quick in saying that if I were you, since after all, it would be under their first occupation of the country in 1916 the date from which would begin the use of Haitian cheap labor in the country and all that it entailed (batey system, etc.). See the administrative decrees taken by the military governors here at the time and you will get the picture.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Like I said, Gonsalves is a nobody from an insignificant islet. All he's trying to do is to use the DR/Haiti platform to burnish his image as he goes on his quest to claim reparations from the old colonies for the islets...

As for Caricom? They need more the DR economic power during their negotiations with the E.U. and other big players than the DR needing them at all.

For the DR the issue is a non-issue.

The plan is rolling and it will not stop until the general Amnesty is fully implemented.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Like I said, Gonsalves is a nobody from an insignificant islet. All he's trying to do is to use the DR/Haiti platform to burnish his image as he goes on his quest to claim reparations from the old colonies for the islets...

As for Caricom? They need more the DR economic power during their negotiations with the E.U. and other big players than the DR needing them at all.

For the DR the issue is a non-issue.

The plan is rolling and it will not stop until the general Amnesty is fully implemented.

Caricom has never needed the DR for anything. only a deluded guy who believes that the DR is on the Gold Standard could hold such a belief. that is why they are still on the outside looking in at Caricom.

secondly, all caribbean territories are insignificant, in the real scheme of things. not the least of which is the one that ranks number 139 out of 140 countries tested for scholastic achievement. at least Gonsalves's academic bonafides are pretty formidable.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Caricom has never needed the DR for anything. only a deluded guy who believes that the DR is on the Gold Standard could hold such a belief. that is why they are still on the outside looking in at Caricom.

secondly, all caribbean territories are insignificant, in the real scheme of things. not the least of which is the one that ranks number 139 out of 140 countries tested for scholastic achievement. at least Gonsalves's academic bonafides are pretty formidable.

Insignificant! Pure and simple! I know it hurts your pride!

LOL!!!