The Real Haiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Oh, Please!

Come spend some time actually, oh, LIVING here before you make statements about how Dominicans act or feel! Please!

Hell, four years ago I was here with an American who looked Haitian and he couldn't walk down the street without being accosted by the police every day, and that was in a tourist town where they should know better! My wife is about as racist as you can get toward Haitians although as I have stated in previous posts, that differs from Dominicans who are dark-skinned (many in our family).

And, the American idea of 'black' goes right out the window because it's more of a cultural (Haitian!) moniker than a skin color issue solely.

Let's try and not assume what other people think,OK? You just look silly doing it.

Tom (aka XR)

I know how some Dominicans feel towards Haitians. I havnt denied that one bit. Hating Haitians and hating people of dark skinned is two different things to me. Thats what I was arguing.

Some of your points I agree with

and Remove the "black American" out of this argument Xan. I'm not talking about that right now.

Kimadj

Oct 23, 2003
so Jen how would you help a Haitian in need in the DR, do you have any idea?
thanks Kim & Paul

JenniferDiaz

Jan 31, 2003
It sounds like an innocent question.. lol.
But let me say this, when you help DR you're also helping Haiti.
DR is more and more, Haiti's life line.

So, let's help Dominicans first. After all, one can say that helping RD is a more secure bet on the future of the Hispaniola.

Last edited:
Actually your wrong Jen

Both countries are dependent on "The Empire"
75% of both countries economy is dependant on the US.

In specific Haiti has only 3% interest in the Dominican Republic
when it comes to their economy. Haiti is only DR's scapegoat.

Its obvious both countries investment in the States is not panning out too well except for the elites in both countries.

The only thing you two countries have in common is that you dont like each other and blame each other for your problems that could be solved without each other. Even though I have love for both countries their blinded depenence on the States is not reflecting anything positive for the countries.
YOu would think that with such a large commitment, economically speaking, DR and Haiti would reflect something positive by trading with the States. After all the States influences the economy of both countries and dicatates who is president of both countries.

Thats what you get when you make a deal with the devil.
Lets see how Iraq pans out.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
what exports

I am guessing that the DR's largest export moneymaker is sugar, perhaps rum, and baseball players.

I am at a loss to guess what Haiti's cash cow would be. With no discernable viable export, they have no alternative to reliance on "The Empire" (no, not the Yankees, chowds).

And if they mimic some African entities, Liberia, Uganda, Sierra Leon , then they will probably remain unstable, due to, as Jennifer referred, the lack of sense of a nation. Granted, those entities have undergone civil strife for years , if not generations, but is not Haiti following in those footsteps?

Vainqueur_Noir

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 24, 2003
hmmmm

Well I think that it is not only Dominicans, but latinos in period who see white as the standard of beauty, intelligence, and wealth. Your models, your shows, and your attitudes speak for themselves. And I have met Dominicans darker than me who say they are not black. They come from a long line of people who deny their blackness. I have studied latin racism down to the smallest detail. First I found out that latinos didn't like blacks and I wanted to know why. I found out that a lot of their parents have made them this way. Then I realized that their parents before them were raised this way. I read a lot about Spanish colonization and how everyone was trying to move up. First their are the whites at the top, the mulattos in the middle, and the negros at the bottom. Anything black is associated with unattractiveness and unintelligence. I found the "why". Before Spanish colonization the Arawkan and Taino people probably so discriminatory. It takes an educated Dominican to respect his roots. Like this one substitute I hade once. He said "my people are Indian, black, white, I'm a mixture"

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Vainqueur_Noir wrote: "It takes an educated Dominican to respect his roots. Like this one substitute I hade once. He said "my people are Indian, black, white, I'm a mixture"

Well said...

And once you respect your roots you just DON'T CARE ANY LONGER ABOUT THE RACIAL ISSUE in case that if it ever represented one. That is the consciousness and awareness that you assimilate at school from the beggining through Social Sciences.

JenniferDiaz

Jan 31, 2003
Sanco,

I think you can do better than this, but ok..

What do you think "The Empire" is?

The USA or international trade?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
E.M.M.D.D. (Elm Mismo Mierda Dia Diff.) or as we said in the U.S. S.S.D.D. Some people will just never learn. The human race is doomed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.