Thought I’d seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Very distressed right now. He got there and snapped a couple of pics to show me how they’re dividing it and he was physically attacked. While screaming “no photos” they grabbed both his phones (one was in pocket of pants ) and smashed them while an older guy (he thinks either current or former military police) pulled out his gun and hit him in the head with it several times 

He came into the house with a blood soaked hat and blood streaming down his face.   He’s cleaned up and bandaged but you know how head wounds bleed. 

We’re both ready to go home in a week.   This country can be brutal 

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Did they not recognize him as a neighbour? I'm at a loss for words at such behaviour.

He didn’t know them, but they had to know him, he’s been coming to this little place for at least 60 years. 

I’m probably overreacting, but I told him to lock the gate. We normally only do that at dark overnight 

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Not an over reaction at all. I would do the same.
Does the person who watches your property while you are away know these people?
Perhaps they could let everyone know who they attacked?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sorry AE
Hopefully, your community will rally against them....

Just crazy....
but it proves they are up to something illegal...
your first hunch was correct

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Pardon my naiveté, but since your maid was party to the land grab the future of her liquidation payment might hinge on her being forthcoming to name names. WIith more info & pictures of MR AE's injuries you can go the the fiscal. 

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Domicans  have no sole. Thy are gready self centered trash. Your maid was part of this but i hope list her employment with you. Thy behave like 5 year old kids so thy must be treated like 5 year old kids. Thy must pay for 2 cell phones and Mr E medical bills. 

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Very distressed right now. He got there and snapped a couple of pics to show me how they’re dividing it and he was physically attacked. While screaming “no photos” they grabbed both his phones (one was in pocket of pants ) and smashed them while an older guy (he thinks either current or former military police) pulled out his gun and hit him in the head with it several times 

He came into the house with a blood soaked hat and blood streaming down his face.   He’s cleaned up and bandaged but you know how head wounds bleed. 

OMG, like the poor guy really needed this. Hope he's ok

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Did you notify the authorities?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

I personally know several people on the island who have been
killed for a lot less. Hope the fella is ok.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Word has spread quickly and several neighbors have stopped to express their concern.  An old friend from down the road just left, told us the guy is a known delinquent with an illegal gun. Apparently he spends his days drinking under a nearby mango tree, which means he knew exactly who he attacked, because Mr AE is always walking passed there. He lives much further inland, away from the beach. Definitely not a cop. Just a hoodlum. 

He was only one of the attackers. Plus apparently there was a group cooking under a large tree, he couldn’t see who they were, but they were yelling to throw stones at him. Mob mentality.    

I held together well until daughter WhatsApp call. Now both children are hounding us to leave now and spend a week in SD until our flight.

We will not report this. No one around here has two pesos, never mind the money for two smartphones. The iPhone has insurance so it will be replaced when we go home. The other was under $200. Reporting it, in a community like this, would escalate things and make it unsafe. 

The maid had nothing to do with this and was not there. We’ve known her family for decades, and one of her closest cousins has been friends with our son since they were in diapers. 

I’m grateful he wasn’t shot, from what we’re hearing the guy with the gun is more than capable of using it. 

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
AE, this is simply atrocious .
Sounds like the old Klondike claim jumpers.

In my terms, it is only 10 acres.
I cannot even fathom the aggressiveness of people.......
Where were the Authorities? Probably staking claims. !!!

Over the past year my image of RD has drastically changed , as hypothesis situations have turned into reality.
Call me naive , but I always give the benefit of doubt to everyone. Sometimes it works out good, sometimes not.

But Dominicans are not the only culprits ; we had a similar thing happen here in Luperon with Town Houses that were to be all approved and Dislende Deeds on the way.
Even had papers to state just that.
I went ahead and had the place surveyed , registered the Deed and for the past 4 years is in Land Court. Then the next culprit arrived to claim the Deedless land upon which the Town houses stood.
He was so very ****ed when the ned deeds were shown to him.
Both Culprits were and one is still Americans. The Honest Sales Guy was a Canadian. Two are underground and one is above still walking.

I am so very sorry for your trauma.
I wonder if the Fiscale was out there staking the claim?

Russell

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I would say it is time to See no evil,hear no evil, speak no evil. 
Stay safe.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Over the past year my image of RD has drastically changed , as hypothesis situations have turned into reality.
Call me naive , but I always give the benefit of doubt to everyone. Sometimes it works out good, sometimes not.

But Dominicans are not the only culprits ; we had a similar thing happen here in Luperon with Town Houses that were to be all approved and Dislende Deeds on the way.
I went ahead and had the place surveyed , registered the Deed and for the past 4 years is in Land Court. Then the next culprit arrived to claim the Deedless land upon which the Town houses stood.
Both Culprits were and one is still Americans. The Honest Sales Guy was a Canadian. Two are underground and one is above still walking.

Russell
Only 10 acres? You are aware that problemas de tierra are one of the most ubiquous problems that almost all Dominican families know about or experiences at a certain point? Even blood kin are known to kill each other due to tierra problems. Family feuds that sometimes last generations often start due to problema de tierra

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Russell

I, as well, do not hold much weight in reporting to the authorities, but the reality of the situation is that Mr. AE suffered a head injury. In the past AE has stated his age within this forum. At a minimum, this is something that should be evaluated medically. Nothing at all to do with the damaged cellphones.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yeagh , I agree, the priority here should be to go get that Head wound checked out .. Make sure he is ok..

I cant help but recall that story of the kid who got hit in the head with a baseball, and the coach said he was ok, the parents said he was ok... well he did not make it .. sadly..
Dont take chances , just go to a Doctor at least , have him checked out ..

Very Sorry that this happened to you and Mr AE..

Status
Not open for further replies.