Trump pulling out or Cap Cana?????

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
JOHNE i do not wish to get in any kind of argument but i will like to clarify were i come from. I from Puerto rico my family has been in the commercial, industrial development in Puerto rico , Dominican Republic, Virgin Islands, and recently Panama. Since i was born my Father ( Cuban Born) will take us spend summers and Vacations at our villa in Casa de Campo so i grew up pretty much have been going back and forward all my life Between Puerto rico and the D.R so i pretty much learn how things are run their commercially. I graduated 1998 from Georgia Tech University in Civil Engineering since then i have been involve in construction, Management and Selling of our Industrial parks in Puerto rico and Dominican republic and recently Panama. In 2003 me and my big brother decided to put a property company our main goal was to buy old good residential properties restore them and then sale them we did pretty good for couple of years until now that the Market is an stand still. But our commercial and Industrial side of our business is actually doing very well so we are not complaining. In 2004 i bought i new villa in el sector Barranca in casa de campo which i rarely rent and use allot. I invested in Cap Cana in Green village and i was about to invest in Sotogrande after i heard this news i put that on hold. In 2005 i pretty much lived a whole year in Santo domingo running and opening wharehouses in a zona Franca that will Jointly owned so i Know D.R very well to tell you what is going on. I have met so many Youn Americans Kids and Germans, spaniards and Italians and i hear their stories of how people defrauded them for this and that . So i feel that is somehow my responsibility to let people know how to invest in the D.R safe that is all.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
if you don't believe me ask people that are investing in Cap Cana also read bloombergh talk to the workers in Cap Cana that have not got paid yet.

I couldn't ask any of the investors Kemo because I don't know any but I do have a friend who is in a fairly high powered job there, contracted by a subsidiary of Cap Cana. I won't say what he is but it isn't a bar-tender. :) I ran by him the financial issues you raised since to me your posts appeared to be genuine. His response was that there are issues there but they are organisational & not financial. According to him construction is at full speed & in today's operational meeting plans were discussed for the renovation of a restaurant, so he is picking up nothing which indicates 'something is going on'. My take on the info supplied by him is that if you are used to working in an organised, planned way then working in management at Cap Cana is a bit of a surprise to the system, but he didn't seem to think that anything was organically wrong.

And just to be totally clear, the info received was in relation to Cap Cana & nothing to do with Farallon. And I received no info about people not being paid - just wasn't mentioned.

Last edited:

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I couldn't ask any of the investors Kemo because I don't know any but I do have a friend who is in a fairly high powered job there, contracted by a subsidiary of Cap Cana. I won't say what he is but it isn't a bar-tender. :) I ran by him the financial issues you raised since to me your posts appeared to be genuine. His response was that there are issues there but they are organisational & not financial. According to him construction is at full speed & in today's operational meeting plans were discussed for the renovation of a restaurant, so he is picking up nothing which indicates 'something is going on'. My take on the info supplied by him is that if you are used to working in an organised, planned way then working in management at Cap Cana is a bit of a surprise to the system, but he didn't seem to think that anything was organically wrong.

And just to be totally clear, the info received was in relation to Cap Cana & nothing to do with Farallon. And I received no info about people not being paid - just wasn't mentioned.

I really hope of what you are saying is true i do not want to loose the deposit but my source is very very good i sincerely hope they do not go under. In regards to farallon this is the trump project in Cap Cana and if they are not doing good the project is not doing so good???????????

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What it sounds like to me is that this is a huge overall project (Cap Cana) with lots of subsidiary companies & that maybe not every left hand knows what every right hand is doing. Probably working it out as they go along? Maybe some miscommunication along the way? Maybe not using organisational flo-charts to good effect (if at all!)? Dare I say.............fairly normal for the DR? Only a guess on my part.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Good News!!!

I just come back from the CAP CANA headquarters in Santo Domingo. I specifically raised the issues Kemo mentioned here in this thread and got the answer that there is no way that Donald Trump pulled out of CAP CANA.
Yesterday I invited some people for lunch at CAP CANA and there was construction going on at many different sites.

Source: My own eyes at CAP CANA and highest level executives of CAP CANA.

Kemo seems to have an axe to grind with CAP CANA but what he said is just not true. Kemo, I think it is time to let us know your source.

Last edited:

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I just come back from the CAP CANA headquarters in Santo Domingo. I specifically raised the issues Kemo mentioned here in this thread and got the answer that there is no way that Donald Trump pulled out of CAP CANA.
Yesterday I invited some people for lunch at CAP CANA and there was construction going on at many different sites.

Kemo seems to have an axe to grind with CAP CANA but what he said is just not true. Kemo, I think it is time to let us know your source.

You went to the wrong place of course it is not their interest to let you know any weakness neverthless you went to their sale office. Is like me going to a restaurant that serves terrible food and asking the manager how is the food??? Come on look at the financials i know everybody in that office. I already pointed out in post 7 what my sources are either you believed it or not. I am not going to disclose the person there because this person might loose the job. Go to Moody's .com and see the raiting on the bonds and see that none have been bought . Call the office and asked them if there are Farallon sites are available Of course they were all sold in 48 hours why are they so many available NOT for resale but for sale by Cap cana. Your research is one that is very elementary and has no sustance is simply because you went to their marketing and sales office. I am an investor i have an option in green village i know i get calls every week from cap cana salesmen going crazy because they want and need deposits for the Trump Farallon project. My friend your research reminds me about Baninter "Solido como Baninter" and you know what happen to that. You don't have to agree with me but you need to come out with hard facts and not a sales visit:rolleyes:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Dum de dum dum. What's better than "my own eyes" as a source? feel like writing a pc. of poetry tonite with that as the theme.
"I saw the love -with my own eyes"
"Don't need to feel it -I see it- with my own eyes"
Turned on with that!
JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Kemo

You went to the wrong place of course it is not their interest to let you know any weakness neverthless you went to their sale office. Is like me going to a restaurant that serves terrible food and asking the manager how is the food??? Come on look at the financials i know everybody in that office. I already pointed out in post 7 what my sources are either you believed it or not. I am not going to disclose the person there because this person might loose the job. Go to Moody's .com and see the raiting on the bonds and see that none have been bought . Call the office and asked them if there are Farallon sites are available Of course they were all sold in 48 hours why are they so many available NOT for resale but for sale by Cap cana. Your research is one that is very elementary and has no sustance is simply because you went to their marketing and sales office. I am an investor i have an option in green village i know i get calls every week from cap cana salesmen going crazy because they want and need deposits for the Trump Farallon project. My friend your research reminds me about Baninter "Solido como Baninter" and you know what happen to that. You don't have to agree with me but you need to come out with hard facts and not a sales visit:rolleyes:

My friend--you are kinda like a doberman pincher-bites and never lets go. I feel for you as I think you have a lot of money at stake. But we all have a cross to bear. It's only money. Your rants and raves about deception on behalf of those that sell or promote real estate are base level. You know of course that buying and selling is a game and perhaps you are a little pizzed that right now you're a bit short. Not to worry. If you wake up tomorrow and your heart is still beating-thank God for the blessing. BTW-I am enjoying your posts none the less.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Mido

Next time you go to the sales office You could asked Regane, Jose, Victor, Ana yes i know everybody there asked them if Cap Cana did not go Bankrupt in 2003?????? Also asked them if they could deny that they owed money to different suppliers and Contractors that are now suing them please???????? Your research shows your ignorance when it comes to investment.

Once again i do not have ANYTHING against Cap Cana actually i hope this crisis passes by but some people specially dominicans take offense when you talk negative about any of their projects?????? in the Island Take it easy is just Business it has nothing to do with the Dominican republic and its people that i love very much....

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
My friend--you are kinda like a doberman pincher-bites and never lets go. I feel for you as I think you have a lot of money at stake. But we all have a cross to bear. It's only money. Your rants and raves about deception on behalf of those that sell or promote real estate are base level. You know of course that buying and selling is a game and perhaps you are a little pizzed that right now you're a bit short. Not to worry. If you wake up tomorrow and your heart is still beating-thank God for the blessing. BTW-I am enjoying your posts none the less.

I don't think anybody likes to loose money> Nevethless my reaction is one of logic based on Facts and experienced what is happening is that once again Nationalism takes over rationalism this is Business this not to put down the Dominican republic this is about business that is all???????

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Mido

asked them if Cap Cana did not go Bankrupt in 2003?????? Also asked them if they could deny that they owed money to different suppliers and Contractors that are now suing them please????????

I'm coming in a little late on this, but my question is did you know about this bankruptcy, or did you just learn about it. Just trying to figure how savvy of an investor you are.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Kemo, your vision of Cap Cana is SPOT ON!

Cap Cana will never air any insider information (intentionaly). They have had Aerodom (Hazoury's cash cow) on the block for sale for sometime now, which fits into what you are saying. Only time will tell how this will pan out. I wish Cap Cana all the best, but it has been a super-visionary project from the outset. The Marina is not what was originally planned (been downsized), and is lacking depth for the so-called MagaBoats, even though the global market for these vessels continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Playa Rincon, a Hazoury property is at a standstill and wont be developed as long a Cap Cana is running smoothly (financially). I think Rincon was dangled as collateral for funding, which never was realized. This is what was rumored on the streets, don't know it's validity. Has the $17MM USD lien been satisfied as yet? That news was in the press about 6 weeks ago. ;);)

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Me too ... but there is a feeling :cheeky: ... something is behind this Kemo's posts :paranoid: ... sorry for interrupting anyway ...

I am sorry there is nothing behind i do not work for the competition. I am simply tired!!!!! and concerned about this project it seems to me there is no base. I invested in 2006 the credit and financial markets were 1000% different that right NOW and this project is too big at this moment for the Dominican Republic so i am worry like in 2003 that allot of the founders lost their deposit and had to settle with discounts to buy in new project i am afraid this could be the case now. If Hazoury were to structure the project the way Roco-ki and Starwood structure it i will a happy camper but this type of long term project needs to be develop in normal and good market conditions. Just to give an example in the Beginning of December i contact Deutchbank with the intention in obtaining the great interest rates they are offering with special financing that they are offering to all Cap Cana Investors. I have great personal and Commercial credit In the U.S and the Dominican Republic as well as Liquid assets but Deuchtbank simply told when i wanted to pre-qualified that they are not going to finance anybody right now in the Cap Cana project no explanation simply that. I have no problem i have been pre-qualified by my Bank in the D.R Popular, and also BHD as well as scotiabank buti wanted to take advantage of the rates that DB was offering. I am now waiting i am taking a flight around 2:00PM to la romana so iam leaving my apt here in san Juan like in 30 minutes!!!!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Cap Cana Project in NY Times

There is an article in The NY Times today regarding Cap Cana. Didn't have time to read it yet . Too many balls up in the air today. Could someone post the link? Thanks
JOHN

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
The New York Times

Published: January 25, 2008 : ... Six miles down the road from Punta Cana is Cap Cana, a 30,000-acre project ? twice the size of Manhattan ? with Ritz-Carlton and Donald Trump among the developers of a golf, hotel and marina community, with five courses and 1,000 slips... The project, which is expected to take a total of 15 years to complete, is now offering studio bungalows from $465,000 and villas from $3.2 million. Lots at Mr. Trump?s development, Farallon Estates at Cap Cana, on a bluff overlooking the sea, are $3.8 million to $24 million.
New buyers in the Dominican Republic are tax-exempt for 10 years, and the country allows a one-time tax-exempt shipment of two containers of imported goods, which can include automobiles....Golf Without Borders - New York Times

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
... Call the office and asked them if there are Farallon sites are available Of course they were all sold in 48 hours why are they so many available NOT for resale but for sale by Cap cana...

All news papers announced some time before : ...Trump Farallon Estates ? Estates off to a smashing success at Cap Cana. Recently, the Trump Organization launched its Farallon Estates development and sold 68 lots in a single day. These estate sites, ranging in size from 1.6 to 12 acres were priced at from $3 million to $12 million (U.S.) They are located in a gated community on top of the highest bluff in the area, at 200 feet above seal level, offering stunning views over the entire Cap Cana ... So they sold as it was announced before just 68 lots right on Farallon ( sort of Founders Club ) and they have available much more to sell around the first '' 68 sold lots '' Just look at the siteplan ..Cap Cana Updates English