VOTE..Sankie forum: For better or worse?

Do you think the Sankie forum helps anyone?

• Help's me learn what a Sankie is and how to avoid one.

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • I was sankified, but thanks to this forum I have seen the light!

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • This forum is wonderful entertainment and nothing more!

Votes: 67 51.9%

• Total voters

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Sankies aren't that bad? Please tell us more :laugh:

Well, they are humans like any of us. I don't beleive that humans are bad by default. Some of them might have had circomstances in their lives (poverty, difficult family situation, abuse as children, etc.) that sort of pointed them in the wrong direction. No one can do anything terrible if nothing terrible was ever done to them. That is why I would rather not talk to them at all if I am on vacation and don't feel like exposing myself to any of this, then have any sort of negative feeling or actually any feeling at all towards such people ... Of course we can feel sorry for their poverty and absence of pride ...

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sankies

That is why I would rather not talk to them at all if I am on vacation and don't feel like exposing myself to any of this, then have any sort of negative feeling or actually any feeling at all towards such people.

That's great provided you can spot one when you finally get there.;)

They normally don't wear signs and they don't all work at resorts.

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Of course, but why to speak to anyone or make close friendships if you are there for the beach, sightseeng and all sorts of other fun? I really don't mean to offend anyone here but girls who complain about being sankified actually met these men somehow. They went out of their way to get to know them during a week or two of vacation. So, what can one expect from meeting someone this way? Men who are serious themselves and serious about women usually try to get to know a girl for several weeks or months before even trying to speak to her ...

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Of course, but why to speak to anyone or make close friendships if you are there for the beach, sightseeng and all sorts of other fun? I really don't mean to offend anyone here but girls who complain about being sankified actually met these men somehow. They went out of their way to get to know them during a week or two of vacation. So, what can one expect from meeting someone this way? Men who are serious themselves and serious about women usually try to get to know a girl for several weeks or months before even trying to speak to her ...

what the F$@* are you talking about?

Girls go out of their way to get to know them?

Men try to get to know a girl for several weeks/months before trying to speak to a girl?

Don't make me use capitals! :pirate:

Shelley

Oct 16, 2004
why talk to someone??

Why not speak to anyone? It's not always about finding a romance, it can be about learning about a culture, seeing how other people live, what the rest of the world is like. Why wouldn't a person want to speak with anyone while on holidays should be the question. It doesn't mean you have to fall in love but sometimes you can gain valuable friendships that have nothing to do with love. I have traveled to many countries on vacation and still keep in contact with people I've met during these travels. Without meeting them and speaking to them, I would be living in my own little small world knowing nothing of what else is out there. Sorry, but that seemed like a very narrowminded thing to say that you wouldn't talk to someone to get to know them or 'expose' yourself in fear of hearing negative. What you say and how you treat a person (even if just for a moment) can change them and you. Yes, sometimes for the worse, but mostly for the better if you allow it. Women (and men) need to be smart meeting people just as they would in their own country but not to speak to anyone just in case they might try to sucker you..ridiculous. As for men taking months to get to know a girl before even speaking to her...pleeeeease. If I guy waited months just to speak to me I would think one thing....wuss.

PS, Anna >> don't move the forum, I'm sure it has helped someone and putting it in the clown bin might take away from the seriousness of people being taken and a girl (or guy) who is really looking for advice might think it's all just a big joke and not listen to anything at all. For me, it's purely entertainment.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Ok, when I said "close friendships" I meant actually going to bed with that person. Yes, we can talk to people while on vacation without sleeping with them or allowing them to rob us although it some cultures where there are a lot of people who are not educated or open minded they will actually think you are a slut already if you are a woman, there alone and talk to guys ... They pretty much think - if you talk to that person, you are attracted to them. They don't really understand women who are too friendly, open and talkative. They think it is not appropriate behavior for a woman. Maybe not all of them think this way - I am not sure ...

I always try to get to know the culture of a place where I am and realized - it is not necessary at all to speak to that many people, just a few quality friends and conversations is more than enough. In a lot of places people are poor, have very little education and have completely different ideas about what is right or wrong from westerners who travel there. They will pretend to be your friends, try to get something out of you and then speak bad and laugh about you behind your back. Why does one need all that?

Last edited:

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
I definately agree that by the time the girls/guys read this forum, it's almost always after having been exposed to sankies or worse, sankified.

That was the case for me (thankfully just exposure), and though I got quite the sense of it all on my first trip to the DR, this forum fascinated me by revealing just how accurate my sense was.... and then some!!!! My first thought was, there's an entire forum devoted to these guys/girls... AND they have even have a name for them!

I think it's a big part of DR culture (that most tourists are exposed to, not in general), hence I don't think it should be removed or moved to the Clown Bin...

momita

May 17, 2006
Sankie forum just for better

:glasses: I have been wondering ,what if.....I would have never found this forum before my second trip to the Dominican Republic???

No,I don't want to know...;) ;) ;)

Anyway thank you Anna.

Momita :glasses:

P.S But most important!!!!I need this forum to impruving my english.
And I must face it, I cannot live without M'Frog:cheeky: :cheeky:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
:glasses: I have been wondering ,what if.....I would have never found this forum before my second trip to the Dominican Republic???

No,I don't want to know...;) ;) ;)

Anyway thank you Anna.

Momita :glasses:

P.S But most important!!!!I need this forum to impruving my english.
And I must face it, I cannot live without M'Frog:cheeky: :cheeky:

Welcome back Momita! M'frog is married (and lives in the Dominican Republic :laugh: )

Berg Frosch! Ball is in your court! croooooooaaaaak

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

Men try to get to know a girl for several weeks/months before trying to speak to a girl?

I was not talking about you, there was a post here that a girl went to visit guy's family after a couple of weeks of knowing him. Would you do that? Probably not ...

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I was not talking about you, there was a post here that a girl went to visit guy's family after a couple of weeks of knowing him. Would you do that? Probably not ...

I know you weren't talking about me, but your comments, they don't make sense.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am not sure what it is does not make sense, but m'frog was right - sankies are as bad as you allow them to be. They will play with women and use them as long as women fall for the game...

May 31, 2005
Who cares what forum any thread is in?

Do people actually click on the 21 different forums instead of looking at the new posts?

I do click on the new posts part but if people that are looking for information on sankies see that it is in the clown bin for jokes they might not post.

momita

May 17, 2006
think! Audrav

Just turn back Girl!
There are planty of them behind you without even trying to speak to You!!!!
But in my coutry we call them PASSERS-BY:cheeky: :bunny: :cheeky: