Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sounds like the thread needs a legal expert now. To me 21 with 14 sounds like a crime but 22 with 17 must happen a lot and to me it doesn’t sound like a crime/statutory rape. But either way let’s say he is convicted of statutory rape what then is a reasonable punishment. He is still effectively a kid having sex with another kid. Young people having a relationship. I don’t like this retorik calling him a paedo and lock him up and throw away the key forever. You people are so fast at just slaughtering people. If it was an older adult then maybe but this is young people. I wonder what you were all up to at that age. No naughty stuff at the high school parties ?
If they locked up all the kids on both sides of the relationships described above they would have to put a wall around Santiago and use it for a prison.............

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I'm sorry.
As a Dominican, I don't know any better.
Misinformed, uneducated, and extremely ignorant, and a heretic and Satan-loving nincompoop to boot, I hereby take back my comments in which I called their relationship shameful. Shame on me.

When asked to elaborate, I should exercise silence. And as we say in the the trailer-parks, that will "learn me."
I actually didn’t mean Dominicans. They seem many of them quite relaxed about it. I think you belong to a minority of Dominicans.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I thought he was 22 now and her 17?

I thought this as well.
Very confusing.
they started their Relationship when she was 14, supposedly
and the Media is now reporting they only had a 4 Month relationship ??
Did they mean 4 Years and its a typo ?
So " In the Winter of 22" as Lucifer states she was still 14 ?
this makes NO mathematical sense any more .

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
I thought this as well.
Very confusing.
they started their Relationship when she was 14, supposedly
and the Media is now reporting they only had a 4 Month relationship ??
Did they mean 4 Years and its a typo ?
So " In the Winter of 22" as Lucifer states she was still 14 ?
this makes NO mathematical sense any more .
The girl is 15 now, She was 14 or younger when they met

Reactions: La Profe_1

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The story seems to change daily. I have read/heard conflicting information on the ages so who knows. In the beginning he denied the accusations, saying it was all false (he posted the denial on social media, not sure if it has been deleted or not). Then it comes out he supposedly paid the girl's mother, with his mother at times being the go between for the transactions. I have seen different ages being mentioned but not an exact date/time the relationship took place or for how long. Not anything that can be confirmed anyway. Given the relationship took place in the DR, he would possibly only be in the DR for 3-4 months tops, with Spring Training in February and then the season ending in September/October. Honestly, I doubt we will ever know the exact details or the truth from either side.

Reactions: aarhus

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Sounds like the thread needs a legal expert now. To me 21 with 14 sounds like a crime but 22 with 17 must happen a lot and to me it doesn’t sound like a crime/statutory rape. But either way let’s say he is convicted of statutory rape what then is a reasonable punishment. He is still effectively a kid having sex with another kid. Young people having a relationship. I don’t like this retorik calling him a paedo and lock him up and throw away the key forever. You people are so fast at just slaughtering people. If it was an older adult then maybe but this is young people. I wonder what you were all up to at that age. No naughty stuff at the high school parties ?

Well at 21, I was in university and we had some crazy parties....... However no 14 year old girls attended those parties.
Like wtf ?

Reactions: Lucifer

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Well at 21, I was in university and we had some crazy parties....... However no 14 year old girls attended those parties.
Like wtf ?
If she was 14 or 17 is still not cleared up. Isn’t high school before University. But you are right a high school kid and a University kid together does seem wrong.

Reactions: malko

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If she was 14 or 17 is still not cleared up. Isn’t high school before University. But you are right a high school kid and a University kid together does seem wrong.
Can we say "under 18" or a "Minor" and leave it at that?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Negative.
He's Dominican.
Selective enforcement isn't justice.
I´ve seen both poor guys and wealthy guys get into trouble for messing with teenagers, so I don´t find it as ¨selective enforcement¨. Of course, you need someone to file a complaint to set the action in motion. I'm not surprised on the "support" this guy is getting. Overall, even in the U.S., people seem to give athletes, famous and/or powerful people the benefit of the doubt. He's not a victim. He's just arrogant and thought he could get away with anything.

Reactions: malko and Lucifer

Big

Apr 24, 2019
How dare he be so successful, wealthy and talented. I don't have a fraction of his wealth, skill or money. I want him in jail, it will make me feel better about my life. got it!

Reactions: jd426 and aarhus

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I´ve seen both poor guys and wealthy guys get into trouble for messing with teenagers, so I don´t find it as ¨selective enforcement¨. Of course, you need someone to file a complaint to set the action in motion. I'm not surprised on the "support" this guy is getting. Overall, even in the U.S., people seem to give athletes, famous and/or powerful people the benefit of the doubt. He's not a victim. He's just arrogant and thought he could get away with anything.
I still think there is a big difference between young people together with other young people especially if we are talking about 17 and 21 or something similar. And then young people with adults a lot older which is wrong.

Reactions: JD Jones

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
You and I are in the minority: Dominicans who do not approve of this behavior.

Apparently, it is actually envy, but we camouflage it as disapproval. Our destitute existence rages against the well-to-do, forever spiteful of their wealth and fame. Shame on us.

After all's said and done, Franco will continue to dazzle his fans in the diamond, laughing all the way to the bank, while I continue to try to make ends meet.

After he calls it quit, Franco will run for office. I'd be long gone by then, after given up the ghost and "signing with the Dodgers" and getting reassigned to a Class-A team in Hades.
Franco will climb the ladder to political success, while I shovel coal in Hell, alongside the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Hitler, Pinochet, Kissinger, and Pol Pot.

Reactions: Aguaita29

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
You and I are in the minority: Dominicans who do not approve of this behavior.

Apparently, it is actually envy, but we camouflage it as disapproval. Our destitute existence rages against the well-to-do, forever spiteful of their wealth and fame. Shame on us.

After all's said and done, Franco will continue to dazzle his fans in the diamond, laughing all the way to the bank, while I continue to try to make ends meet.

After he calls it quit, Franco will run for office. I'd be long gone by then, after given up the ghost and "signing with the Dodgers" and getting reassigned to a Class-A team in Hades.
Franco will climb the ladder to political success, while I shovel coal in Hell, alongside the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Hitler, Pinochet, Kissinger, and Pol Pot.
What do you think is the appropiate punishment for this behavior then if one is 16-17 and the other 21-21 for instance ?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
What do you think is the appropiate punishment for this behavior then if one is 16-17 and the other 21-21 for instance ?
I never learn, but here goes it:

Some folks may rejoice on it, actually applauding and patting the man on the back in congratulatory fashion: "¡Diablo, tíguere, u'té e' un duro, mi hermanazo!"
There may not be any punishment, and that's alright.

However, if I was the one who abused a minor, I'd welcome whatever punishment society saw fit. My sense of shame will consume me, and I'd probably welcome death with open arms.