Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Had this guy not been a multi-million dollar earning athlete we'd a never heard blip from the media about this incident. Arrangements where much older men are bedding teenage age girls for financial assistance are common practice across this country...
pick a campo or pick a barrio.

If they invested half as much money into educating their children as they do bringing tourist into the country, this might actually change at some point in the future.
So, because he´s a millionaire he deserves hush-hush treatment? That's ridiculous! If you´re even remotely famous and stopped at a parada for chicharron, lots of people will report that they saw you having chicharron at a roadside stop and it will reach the news. He´s the one who should have thought, at least, about his career.
You talk like this doesn´t happen in your country...because of education?? give me a break! There are reports on mothers pimping their teenage daughters for the Superbowl. There are also powerful and rich guys like R. Kelly and Jeffrey Epstein who had been making arrangements, to have sex with underage teenagers for decades, before justice could even reach them. There´s even cases of guys who either married teenagers, adopted them or had their parents hand over the custody to them. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: Lucifer

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So, because he´s a millionaire he deserves hush-hush treatment? That's ridiculous! If you´re even remotely famous and stopped at a parada for chicharron, lots of people will report that they saw you having chicharron at a roadside stop and it will reach the news. He´s the one who should have thought, at least, about his career.
You talk like this doesn´t happen in your country...because of education?? give me a break! There are reports on mothers pimping their teenage daughters for the Superbowl. There are also powerful and rich guys like R. Kelly and Jeffrey Epstein who had been making arrangements, to have sex with underage teenagers for decades, before justice could even reach them. There´s even cases of guys who either married teenagers, adopted them or had their parents hand over the custody to them. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

"deserves" ? Who said that . ? NO one here .
what we thought we were Clearly saying though is that NO ONE WOULD CARE... >>> because its within Dominican Culture <<<.
but perhaps you can directly quote some Posts where such a terrible thing was said .

No one is above the law.. but that does not mean the Laws actually Protect the Innocent, as INTENDED.
that, we did say

the rest of your Post is off topic.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
"deserves" ? Who said that . ? NO one here .
what we thought we were Clearly saying though is that NO ONE WOULD CARE... >>> because its within Dominican Culture <<<.
but perhaps you can directly quote some Posts where such a terrible thing was said .

No one is above the law.. but that does not mean the Laws actually Protect the Innocent, as INTENDED.
that, we did say

the rest of your Post is off topic.
it's a broad brush that is used often. Many look at disdain and ridicule the men in the company of younger woman (not speaking of this particular case). Many disparage men who frequent Sosua and the woman who work there. Throw in the fact that this young man is a wealthy super star, and the jealousy and envy juices get flowing.

Reactions: jd426

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Maybe my opinion will not be a popular one, but I do not see anyone is this case as a "victim". Franco knew what he was doing and continued to do so. The girl spoke up because she was not receiving any of the monies being given to her mother. The younger generation is much different than when I grew up. Example, I have a niece who is 13 and she is nothing like a 13-year-old. Her and her friends act as though they are much older and look older. Many times, I am left shaking my head at what I see on social media. I am not saying anything that happened is right, but I am just not seeing any "victims" here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe my opinion will not be a popular one, but I do not see anyone is this case as a "victim". Franco knew what he was doing and continued to do so. The girl spoke up because she was not receiving any of the monies being given to her mother. The younger generation is much different than when I grew up. Example, I have a niece who is 13 and she is nothing like a 13-year-old. Her and her friends act as though they are much older and look older. Many times, I am left shaking my head at what I see on social media. I am not saying anything that happened is right, but I am just not seeing any "victims" here.
I agree 100%. All you have to do is look at the pictures of Francos "victim", or pictures of poor Esmeralda to know that's true, whether we like it or not.
One of my employees has a daughter who is 12, and you would never believe her age if her mother didn't tell you. She could easily pass for 19-20 yrs. old.
Her mother WANTS her to look like that. Not for any nefarious reasons, she just thinks her daughter is a princess.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

She is of course a victim. Apparently it is still up for debate whether she is a victim of Franco, or not.
She is however a victim of her upbringing/environment/mother/herself etc ..., and that is why there are specific laws protecting minors.

She probably thinks she is cool or whatnot having sexual relationships with older men, while being a minor. Believe it or not laws can also be in place to protect minors from themselves.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Regarding same sex marriage. I for one am not against that. I think its appalling its not legal in the DR. I don’t know why really.
Most Dominicans are taught from birth that marriage is between a man and women and that same sex relationships are both not natural and a sin.
Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Maybe my opinion will not be a popular one, but I do not see anyone is this case as a "victim".
This woman pimped out her barely pubescent daughter, so I have to disagree. If I were to do moral equivalency, I'd put her away longer than Franco. I can't help but wonder what dear old mom charged for her virginity.

Her and her friends
SHE and her friends (sorry, can't help myself).

Many times, I am left shaking my head at what I see on social media.
If we don't raise our kids, someone else will.

Reactions: XTraveller

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Most Dominicans are taught from birth that marriage is between a man and women and that same sex relationships are both not natural and a sin.
Hope this answers your question.
I apologize. I am just a dum European.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
She is of course a victim. Apparently it is still up for debate whether she is a victim of Franco, or not.
She is however a victim of her upbringing/environment/mother/herself etc ..., and that is why there are specific laws protecting minors.

She probably thinks she is cool or whatnot having sexual relationships with older men, while being a minor. Believe it or not laws can also be in place to protect minors from themselves.
They need to enforce it then. Stricly. Across the board. All social levels. From the barrio to casa de campo. From the big city to the campo. Malko. The new sheriff in town.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Having lived in Europe for a few years back in the early 2000s...
Apology accepted.
I actually didn’t really understand why the topic was brought up in this thread. It’s seems very personal to Lucifer. He should bring it up in a separate thread. Interesting topic.

Reactions: CristoRey

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
This woman pimped out her barely pubescent daughter, so I have to disagree. If I were to do moral equivalency, I'd put her away longer than Franco. I can't help but wonder what dear old mom charged for her virginity.

SHE and her friends (sorry, can't help myself).

If we don't raise our kids, someone else will.
Try to...(help yourself):)

I do not think there was any being "pimped" out. IMO the daughter was with Franco on her own will. The mother then (maybe with the help of others) decided that due to the age difference she could maybe make some money off the situation. That is not saying Franco is innocent, far from it. As for raising children, as a parent we do the best we can. Unfortunately, times have changed, as much as we try, there are just so many outside influences, social media, etc... as compared to years ago. But that would be another topic...

Last edited:
Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Try to...
I have been trying to think how I would feel about it if I had a daughter. I wouldn’t want her to be doing anything before 18 not even with similar age but I am also wondering if I could stop it and then again if I should. Complicated. Glad I didn’t have a daughter especially not here in the DR and depending on the background of the mother and the family that could be a complete nightmare.

Reactions: keepcoming

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
They need to enforce it then. Stricly. Across the board. All social levels. From the barrio to casa de campo. From the big city to the campo. Malko. The new sheriff in town.

Dominicans, by nature, seem to be complacent and/or lazy when it comes to a lot of stuff. I am willing to bet that anybody that turns up to their local fiscaleria saying that their 24 year old neighbor is f***ing underage kids, something will be done about it. Call me an optimist.

The thing is that not a lot of people do that.
Not the parents because they are dirt poor, and a couple of thousand pesos shuts them up.
Not the neighbors because they prefer to look the other way.
Not the schools, because ...... well no idea why, seems to me they are ideally situated to denounce stuff like that.

I posted a story last Xmas/New Year about a dude hurting a dog ( long story short ), and I opted to not cave his face in and go to the fiscaleria instead. Everybody was like, lols they won't do anything and/or brush you off.
Lo and behold he was cited and dressed down.

You may call that being a sheriff, I call that being a decent human being......

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Dominicans, by nature, seem to be complacent and/or lazy when it comes to a lot of stuff. I am willing to bet that anybody that turns up to their local fiscaleria saying that their 24 year old neighbor is f***ing underage kids, something will be done about it. Call me an optimist.

The thing is that not a lot of people do that.
Not the parents because they are dirt poor, and a couple of thousand pesos shuts them up.
Not the neighbors because they prefer to look the other way.
Not the schools, because ...... well no idea why, seems to me they are ideally situated to denounce stuff like that.

I posted a story last Xmas/New Year about a dude hurting a dog ( long story short ), and I opted to not cave his face in and go to the fiscaleria instead. Everybody was like, lols they won't do anything and/or brush you off.
Lo and behold he was cited and dressed down.

You may call that being a sheriff, I call that being a decent human being......
I actually think many Dominicans would report that. They probably know most things that are going on in their neighborhood’s especially in the barrios I would imagine. Look how it came out what the pelotero was doing. It’s probably a lot more transparent there than other places.

Keep up the vigilante work. That’s probably not a bad thing to spend your time on. Instead of maybe just drinking rum and colas most of the day. And Sheriff Malko has a nice ring to it too.