Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I still think there is a big difference between young people together with other young people especially if we are talking about 17 and 21 or something similar. And then young people with adults a lot older which is wrong.
Exactly ..
A Euro or American ( the older the worse) with a 14 year old .. DISGUSTING and Wrong, and Should be in Prison.

A Dominican boy with a younger Girl... not so much wrong with that, except for the idiotic Laws in place where 2 17 year olds can commit statutory Rape ?? wtf

And at 21 , trust me he was still a BOY in his Mind .. not a Mature Man..
This guy is not A Rod , or Derek .. this is a Kid from the Campo , doing Campo SHEIT .

This Is engrained in Dominican Culture . Its STATUS to them.
and not likely to change anytime Soon, no matter how many Laws they pass.
and right now its a Golden Opportunity to Extort Money ,which the Mother wasted no time doing .

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I never learn, but here goes it:

Some folks may rejoice on it, actually applauding and patting the man on the back in congratulatory fashion: "¡Diablo, tíguere, u'té e' un duro, mi hermanazo!"
There may not be any punishment, and that's alright.

However, if I was the one who abused a minor, I'd welcome whatever punishment society saw fit. My sense of shame will consume me, and I'd probably welcome death with open arms.
I don’t think his behavior is exactly exemplary and maybe the debate is healthy in the DR on this issue but a 21-22 year old with a 16-17 year old is that really abuse of a minor. You mentioned before statutory rape because one is under 18. Do you know for sure this is the law in the DR and how it’s enforced?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Hey, Aarus.. Yes its their Law ... to the extreme which I stated above .. If TWO 17 year olds are engaging in consensual Sexual activity, they are BOTH committing Statutory rape and CAN be Charged.. although its Rare. (maybe its rare because its usually settled financially)
Look it up, and read it again .. its a very disturbing set of Laws ... and opens up all kinds of blackmail Scenarios (if one is Rich ) , more than it is protecting "the Children"
Dont think for a Moment that RICH Parents of a 17 Year old will not pay up, to keep their Child out of Trouble .

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hey, Aarus.. Yes its their Law ... to the extreme which I stated above .. If TWO 17 year olds are engaging in consensual Sexual activity, they are BOTH committing Statutory rape and CAN be Charged.. although its Rare. (maybe its rare because its usually settled financially)
Look it up, and read it again .. its a very disturbing set of Laws ... and opens up all kinds of blackmail Scenarios (if one is Rich ) , more than it protecting "the Children"
Dont think for a Moment that RICH Parents of a 17 Year old will not pay up, to keep their Child out of Trouble .
For the record the US has the same law in almost all the States...................

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Well it will be interesting to see then what happens at court with the young pelotero then. First I guess they need to prove if it really happened.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Had this guy not been a multi-million dollar earning athlete we'd a never heard blip from the media about this incident. Arrangements where much older men are bedding teenage age girls for financial assistance are common practice across this country...
pick a campo or pick a barrio.

If they invested half as much money into educating their children as they do bringing tourist into the country, this might actually change at some point in the future.

Reactions: jd426

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
According to Listín Diario, Franco was charged initially with violating article 396 (B and C) of the 136-03 law, and articles 409 and 410.
Some charges have already been dropped.

And as far as enforcement, I only know that justice is never applied equally.

But here's the kicker: some folks balk at the idea of allowing consenting adults of the same sex to marry, forever citing the slippery slope argument, where they posit that if you allow two men to marry, what's to stop a man from marrying a blind, two-headed, albino turtle?

Hah! But you can allow grown men to date underage girls, where 17 is just a year removed from adulthood, and just a year older than 16... 9, 8...
No slippery slope when it benefits them.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
According to Listín Diario, Franco was charged initially with violating article 396 (B and C) of the 136-03 law, and articles 409 and 410.
Some charges have already been dropped.

And as far as enforcement, I only know that justice is never applied equally.

But here's the kicker: some folks balk at the idea of allowing consenting adults of the same sex to marry, forever citing the slippery slope argument, where they posit that if you allow two men to marry, what's to stop a man from marrying a blind, two-headed, albino turtle?

Hah! But you can allow grown men to date underage girls, where 17 is just a year removed from adulthood, and just a year older than 16... 9, 8...
No slippery slope when it benefits them.
Who is it benefiting ? Who wants to date under 18 ? We are discussing a young pelotero who is 21-22.

Regarding same sex marriage. I for one am not against that. I think its appalling its not legal in the DR. I don’t know why really. They seem to be quite relaxed about homosexuality. A live and let live culture.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In Canada :
A 14 or 15 year old can consent to sexual activity as long as the partner is less than five years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 5 years or older than the 14 or 15 year old, any sexual activity is a criminal offence.

There is also a "close in age" exception for 12 and 13 year olds. A 12 or 13 year old can consent to sexual activity with a partner as long as the partner is less than two years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 2 years or older than the 12 or 13 year old, any sexual activity is a criminal offence.

Sexual exploitation​

A 16 or 17 year old cannot consent to sexual activity if:

• their sexual partner is in position of trust or authority towards them, for example their teacher or coach
  • the young person is dependent on their sexual partner, for example for care or support
  • the relationship between the young person and their sexual partner is exploitative.
In the DR which is as if not more promiscuous than Canada it doesn't make sense to have a sexual age of consent when a sixteen-year-old virgin is rare.

Jan 9, 2004
It may not matter what, if anything, happens to Wander in the DR;

Suffice to say his relations with a 14 year old and he being 21, if accurate/true, that alone may forever keep him from playing MLB...............and thus void his contract;

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
In Canada :
A 14 or 15 year old can consent to sexual activity as long as the partner is less than five years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 5 years or older than the 14 or 15 year old, any sexual activity is a criminal offence.

There is also a "close in age" exception for 12 and 13 year olds. A 12 or 13 year old can consent to sexual activity with a partner as long as the partner is less than two years older and there is no relationship of trust, authority or dependency or any other exploitation of the young person. This means that if the partner is 2 years or older than the 12 or 13 year old, any sexual activity is a criminal offence.

Sexual exploitation​

• their sexual partner is in position of trust or authority towards them, for example their teacher or coach
  • the young person is dependent on their sexual partner, for example for care or support
  • the relationship between the young person and their sexual partner is exploitative.
In the DR which is as if not more promiscuous than Canada it doesn't make sense to have a sexual age of consent when a sixteen-year-old virgin is rare.
I would say the Canadian law is similar to Denmarks law and practice. It was actually the Danish PM who recently said there is a big difference between young people being with other young people as opposed to a young person with someone significantly older. If the girl in the situation with the pelotero was around 15-17 and him 20-22 in Denmark it wouldn’t be investigated at all.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008

Suffice to say his relations with a 14 year old and he being 21, if accurate/true, that alone may forever keep him from playing MLB...............and thus void his contract;

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That’s understandable. Apart from the legal issue if it’s criminal or not. There is a moral issue too. As an MLB player I suppose his behavior has to be generally exemplary.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Major League Baseball Players Who Went to Prison​

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Let’s see how it all plays out but forget about the DR changing any laws so they make more sense and are adapted to reality.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
For the record the US has the same law in almost all the States...................
No it does NOT ,, Age of Consent is completely Different, Each State has its own Consent Ages in fact.
Also Dominican Republic does not have a close-in-age exemption.
Which . although would not apply in this case , is extremely Important..

Not sure how you missed all this , which IMHO is the entire Point of the Conversation here .

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
In Canada :

Sexual exploitation​

You speak way too Much Common sense here,.
Which flies over many heads , some clearly even posting here

Reactions: aarhus and Big

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
IMG_4714.jpeg

Reactions: malko