Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
14 and 18/19 is even LESS Difference . Which is when this all Started..
imo that is extremely important..
not even a Crime in many other countries ..
and a LOT different than some Old Skeezer from Europe , flying to the DR to PAY some underage Girl to get his jollies ..

These 2 had a long term relationship. This is not Child Abuse. and when he signed with his Ball Team, a LAWYER should have advised him to Cut it off , or Marry the Girl , with her Parents Consent. not sure how that works in the DR or if its even possible to marry a 17 year old ?
.. but Many Religions allow exactly that so why is this guy being persecuted.
These Dom Laws are FLAWED , IMO.. they are destroying people rather than helping to stop the Real Child Trafficking ,
Problem is he already had a girlfriend he was planning to marry (which he did). I wonder if his lawyer was aware he was paying the girl's mother. You are 100% correct, somebody should have told him to end the relationship. Franco's mother supposedly (per news articles) made one/some of the financial transactions for him so his "name" would not be linked to the transactions. Kind of sad if this is true that his mother assisted with this. Franco's mother is well aware of how life in the limelight goes and the consequences of certain behavior. She is the sister of Erick and Willy Abar.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Problem is he already had a girlfriend he was planning to marry (which he did). I wonder if his lawyer was aware he was paying the girl's mother. You are 100% correct, somebody should have told him to end the relationship. Franco's mother supposedly (per news articles) made one/some of the financial transactions for him so his "name" would not be linked to the transactions. Kind of sad if this is true that his mother assisted with this. Franco's mother is well aware of how life in the limelight goes and the consequences of certain behavior. She is the sister of Erick and Willy Abar.

Ok
So I'm curious though, was that " Marriage" one of those " get my citizenship Papers faster" type Marriages ? or ?
Because as we all know this is also very Common among Dominicans .
Even Domincans with Family in the US.. who have a Visa in place will MARRY a Citizen to speed up the Process.
One Marriage for the Papers and another Relationship for Romance and Fun..
And Sometimes the Lines get Blurred, I have personally ( in my small circle of Dominican Friends) witnessed both, and have also witnessed Marriages for Papers actually work out and they stay married .
We cannot dictate who a person falls in Love with or when it happens.

Im leaning towards his Marriage being one of Convenience, and the Young Girl was his true Love., otherwise he would not have continued paying them.
He could have easily just ended it , if he did not want to be with her , why keep paying . For their Silence, about what happened years ago ? I doubt it .
He gladly paid , even though it does seem to be the Mother was shaking him down ( for MORE money than he wanted to pay)
But the Bottom line is he wanted to be in this Triangle..

Reactions: aarhus and Big

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not sure as it seems his "wife" is also from Bani so not sure it would be a "marriage for papers" situation. But he has 2 kids with his "wife". The first child was born in 2018, the second in 2022. You made a good point, clearly, he wanted to be in this.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
She was much younger when they started but it sounds like she's very grown up for her years.

I've got a neighbor who is 16 and if you saw her you'd swear she's in her mid 20's. Drop dead beautiful and a body to match.

She came on to me once and I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't interested at any age.
Yes many beautiful young girls .these days I need to see a few wrinkles to be sure.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Franco is sharper than a bag of marbles.

Young and rich, Franco could've been jet-setting and rubbing elbows with the likes of Zendaya, Rosalía, or any other famous adult female. He could've been taking intensive English lessons and world history, while donning bespoke English shoes and Italian suits to class, and in his spare time, left wrist proudly displaying a Yatchmaster, as he sails a reach to a following sea down to Papeete.

But nooooo. No way, José.
Instead, he chose to date an underage female, in violation of Dominican laws. So, regardless of whether she had been with other men, she's a minor. AND he knew it.

The DR1 Usual Suspects: "Well, Lucifer, Franco's smarter than you: He's rich and you're not. So there!"
The problem is that the law is rarely enforced, so those thar engage in the " illegal activity" come to believe there will be no consequences.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The problem is that the law is rarely enforced, so those thar engage in the " illegal activity" come to believe there will be no consequences.
I have not really picked up on how old she was and how old he was when this started. I guess it’s also cultural. In Denmark where I come from 15 years is the age of consent and it’s completely normal young people being with other young people. The problem is when one person is young and the other significantly older. And isn’t it like that most places in the world. My guess is the law in the DR of 18 years old as age of consent came because of tourism. I think reality is that every day in this country lots of young people have relationships with other young people. If what he did was what many others do every day why should he be punished. It sounds like it’s become almost political the DR having to show the big neighbor how responsible they are and sharing the same high morals. As far as I have understood this didn’t happen in the United States.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ok
So I'm curious though, was that " Marriage" one of those " get my citizenship Papers faster" type Marriages ? or ?
Because as we all know this is also very Common among Dominicans .
Even Domincans with Family in the US.. who have a Visa in place will MARRY a Citizen to speed up the Process.
One Marriage for the Papers and another Relationship for Romance and Fun..
And Sometimes the Lines get Blurred, I have personally ( in my small circle of Dominican Friends) witnessed both, and have also witnessed Marriages for Papers actually work out and they stay married .
We cannot dictate who a person falls in Love with or when it happens.

Im leaning towards his Marriage being one of Convenience, and the Young Girl was his true Love., otherwise he would not have continued paying them.
He could have easily just ended it , if he did not want to be with her , why keep paying . For their Silence, about what happened years ago ? I doubt it .
He gladly paid , even though it does seem to be the Mother was shaking him down ( for MORE money than he wanted to pay)
But the Bottom line is he wanted to be in this Triangle..
This whole fiasco didn't start because of the mother, it was the minor who started complaining that her mother was reaping all the benefits, and not her.
I also wonder what their ages were when they started the relationship. and when was the last time they were physically together.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
When this issue came up last year, it was revealed that she was 14 years old and her mother was 27, prompting responses from folks who lamented Franco should've been dating the mom, because "tá' má' buena que la hija".

Obviously, no big deal for the mom who, if her age is correct, is only 13 years older than the girl.

When folks, especially Dominicans who are not in the habit of reading or paying attention, and the typical Johnny-come-lately to the Dominican judicial system, opine about the selective whims of the MP, they either ignore or are not understanding that public pressure works sometimes, and the MP reacts to it.
If the girl hadn't made that fateful IG post, there wouldn't have been an outrage by the pubic.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
When this issue came up last year, it was revealed that she was 14 years old and her mother was 27, prompting responses from folks who lamented Franco should've been dating the mom, because "tá' má' buena que la hija".

Obviously, no big deal for the mom who, if her age is correct, is only 13 years older than the girl.

When folks, especially Dominicans who are not in the habit of reading or paying attention, and the typical Johnny-come-lately to the Dominican judicial system, opine about the selective whims of the MP, they either ignore or are not understanding that public pressure works sometimes, and the MP reacts to it.
If the girl hadn't made that fateful IG post, there wouldn't have been an outrage by the pubic.
I thought it was interesting your post but didn’t quite understand it. Could you elaborate please?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So there is yet another Dynamic to this .... If the Mother was 13 years old when she had her , or lets say 14... then obviously the Grandmother was raising her, and the Mother was probably out Partying by the time she was 16 or so .. we all know how that story goes.
So as the Daughter grew up, these 2 were more like SISTERS than Mother and Daughter . Which explain fighting over the Money like Siblings .
I am gonna guess that not a Dime went into any kind of Savings, or for College or anything along those Lines .
its Painfully obvious that this was all about the Percentage of the SPLIT .. and absolutely nothing else .

Reactions: Big

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I thought it was interesting your post but didn’t quite understand it. Could you elaborate please?
Absolutely!

Some folks are of the opinion that the Public Ministry should have better things to do than to damage a promising baseball player's career. The argument is that things of this nature are commonplace in the D.R.
And while that is a fact, the matter at hand is that the girl's Instagram post, in which she wrote about her relationship and her mother's avarice, caused a collective outrage among the general populace.

So, yes, it's true that her mom knew and even benefitted from the arrangement, and it's also quite obvious that some folks are above the law, but a public outcry has, at times, caused the MP to listen and act accordingly.
If the MP doesn't take any actions, it runs the risk of losing even more credibility than it already has, especially after failing to live up to the promise of being an independent judiciary, the prevailing theme during the early days of the current administration.

Let's not forget the case of Pablo Ross, a well-known communicator and consultant in different government spheres during the last administration. He was found guilty of sexually molesting his underage step-daughter, and received a 10-year sentence. Fame, money, connections, and the best legal representation didn't help him. And this took place in 2019, while the MP was being run by members of his own party, but the folks he helped with his consultancy efforts.

If the girl hadn't posted about her relationship with Franco, the general public wouldn't have gotten wind of it, with the possible exception of folks in their hometown.
It's called statutory rape, whether he's a future MLB star or not, and regardless of whether he's declared innocent.

Reactions: JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yes it IS Statutory Rape .. under current Dominican Laws ,.. which are a Disgrace ..
Mostly because There is NO close-in-age exemption in Dominican Republic,
So technically if 2 - 17 year olds are having Consensual Sex,. under the same Laws they can BOTH be Arrested and Prosecuted.

this solves nothing .
The DR needs to get their Act together .. and go after the Real Pedos .
not a 17 year old Boy who is literally dating a Girl his own Age ..

Reactions: Big

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Sounds like the thread needs a legal expert now. To me 21 with 14 sounds like a crime but 22 with 17 must happen a lot and to me it doesn’t sound like a crime/statutory rape. But either way let’s say he is convicted of statutory rape what then is a reasonable punishment. He is still effectively a kid having sex with another kid. Young people having a relationship. I don’t like this retorik calling him a paedo and lock him up and throw away the key forever. You people are so fast at just slaughtering people. If it was an older adult then maybe but this is young people. I wonder what you were all up to at that age. No naughty stuff at the high school parties ?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
You people are so fast at just slaughtering people.
I'm sorry.
As a Dominican, I don't know any better.
Misinformed, uneducated, and extremely ignorant, and a heretic and Satan-loving nincompoop to boot, I hereby take back my comments in which I called their relationship shameful. Shame on me.

When asked to elaborate, I should exercise silence. And as we say in the the trailer-parks, that will "learn me."

Reactions: Aguaita29