Want to be a Matchmaker. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
mauricio, no need for all bold font, i hear ya. i can see that you are using "celeb/model" loosely to talk about loose women. the problem is that "celeb/model" is understood in the same way i understand that. maybe you are talking about smiling dancers shaking booty behind a bachatero on a sunday show. they are pretty nice but nothing out of the ordinary, you can find that in any disco. again, "presentadora" to me is luz garcia or nuria piera, what do you mean?

any dominican dating website offers good looking girls, i see no difference from your intended harem.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
mauricio, no need for all bold font, i hear ya. i can see that you are using "celeb/model" loosely to talk about loose women. the problem is that "celeb/model" is understood in the same way i understand that. maybe you are talking about smiling dancers shaking booty behind a bachatero on a sunday show. they are pretty nice but nothing out of the ordinary, you can find that in any disco. again, "presentadora" to me is luz garcia or nuria piera, what do you mean?

any dominican dating website offers good looking girls, i see no difference from your intended harem.

They've got pictures (most are terrible) and "winks". The OP is talking live, streaming video. There's a World of difference. Real time introductions in a controlled environment where language is not a barrier. I also see it as a bridge between parents and their kids, Husbands and their Wives and a way to join other geographically disassociated family members and close friends.

Like "Skype" but with better sound and image resolution. His is one of the better ideas I've heard and I've heard a few.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Like "Skype" but with better sound and image resolution.

The reason why skype/msn etc sound and image are crap is because most people use their webcams and integrated mics, which are usually crap as well. Better cameras and mics are available, but quite expensive.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
wouldn't the person on receiving end need equipment too?

Yes but the technology for superior telepresence is becoming really affordable right now, fuelled by businesses and government agencies seeking alternatives to travel expenditures. The telepresence facility would have to be set up at both ends of the fully interactive meeting. There are hundreds of U.S. companies which offer this service on the fly for conferences and meeting facilities but most of the best ones have invested in their own.

This is a business that can be set up for less than the startup cost of a restaurant or other typical franchise startup or "buy-in". The beauty of the communications business (ask Bob Johnson who started BET with $15K and sold it to Viacom for $4B) is that you don't need to know how it works, just have a clear idea of where you're coming from and where you want it to go. There are a million technical professionals who can find low cost ways of making it happen.

Personally I'd start with the lowest cost equipment and lease everything I need, build the business and implement an improvement plan once a client base is established.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so... what is so great about it? if both the girl and the john need special equipment to talk to each other?

besides, i was only talking about his merchandise, not sale process.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
so... what is so great about it? if both the girl and the john need special equipment to talk to each other?

I don't see this as a "girl and John" opportunity. I see it as a new approach to introductions as well as an alternative quality level in communications between loved ones. There's a lot more going on besides "tricks and ho's" here.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
What I don't understand very well, and with all due respect to my beloved dominican ladies, is the fact that most men trying to hook up with celebrity-class girls to be their sugar daddy don't really need to look abroad, with all the difficulties included, let alone language barriers. I think we all agree that guys eyeing dominican girls from abroad are looking for something cheaper.
On tne pimping part, if I were your friend I would definitely trust you on who is a gold digger and who isn't, but if I was your client on such a site, I would be very wary of your advise.

And I'm not saying this will not work, but I think you need to sort that out.

Good point...thanks. With my experience, people trust me right away. I am very sincere and it seems people pick up on it.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
Making money off of electronic communications pays a lot more than pimping. Sprint, Verizon, T Mobile, AT&T, et al have this down and serve as an excellent (profit making) example. He's got to find a way to make money from both ends of the calls.

I will be making money on the calls. I will charge for the prepay conference call after I interview him via phone. Also I intend to sell them the girls info, like cell, facebook, BBpin, Whats App if they don't want to use the service.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004

The bold is for easy read. So you can know where I responded. And as for the "well known girls" there are comentators/presentadoras on a level between Luz Garcia type and these bachata dancers.

On the model type girls its a BIG difference from these not so good looking and average looking girls these sites have. Ever seen a presidente beer commercial or orange, with these type of ordinary girls? Or ever been tu a music video shoot? Or have you seen the girls Dewars uses to represent there product? Thats what I am talking about.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
I don't see this as a "girl and John" opportunity. I see it as a new approach to introductions as well as an alternative quality level in communications between loved ones. There's a lot more going on besides "tricks and ho's" here.

Well said (written) GreyDead! My thoughts exactly.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004

I NEVER said I needed special equipment.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
They've got pictures (most are terrible) and "winks". The OP is talking live, streaming video. There's a World of difference. Real time introductions in a controlled environment where language is not a barrier. I also see it as a bridge between parents and their kids, Husbands and their Wives and a way to join other geographically disassociated family members and close friends.

Like "Skype" but with better sound and image resolution. His is one of the better ideas I've heard and I've heard a few.

This optimal service will be additional. The basic package is teleconference. Its a good, fast and cheap way to start the relationship. Also, I am 39 and appreciate the conventional "getting to know someone" via phone.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
This optimal service will be additional. The basic package is teleconference. Its a good, fast and cheap way to start the relationship. Also, I am 39 and appreciate the conventional "getting to know someone" via phone.

I wish you well, young Man and I would hope that you have success replacing pictures of young Women taken with cell phones in night club Ladies' rooms and hotel rooms with studio quality video in order to decrease the perv factor in the ranks of their viewers. Go look at Badoo where someone always thiks it's a good intro picture to splay out on a neked bed with barren walls and cheap linen and the talkback method is an electronic "wink". They might as well rename the website "Badho".

Everybody knows that the Dominican Republic exports more "mail order Brides", per capita than just about any other Country on Earth so embracing that reality and racheting up the quality of the presentation can only make a good thing better.

perreoking

Oct 4, 2012
pictures of young Women taken with cell phones in night club Ladies' rooms ..Go look at Badoo where someone always thiks it's a good intro picture to splay out on a neked bed with barren walls and cheap linen

lmaooooo you hit it right on the nail there with the "Dominican chica" style pictures.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Have you considered going into the lie detecting business; those that use polygraphs?

It might thrive there.. :chinese:

Except that even if the machine detects a lie... it would never be acknowledged. LOL

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Man, there's a lot here i do not understand, but i'm slow, so i want to apologize right off the bat for my lack of comprehension.

In trying to be a good matchmaker, are you not just helping to facilitate cheap, overweight, down-on-their-luck, barely employable, socially inept, ghetto speaking Americans--who barely know how to tie their shoes or put on a condom correctly--to meet mostly uneducated--but not entirely stupid--Dominican females, whom, if they are beautiful--already have men abroad sending them money through Western Union and trying to court them.

Many of these beautiful Dominican females already have Dominican and Expats males taking them out. Beautiful Dominican women--of which i count myself one of them when i'm in my best drag outfit-- are not sitting at home all night watching the paint dry. We're beautiful...well, ok, some of us are only mildly attractive, but we are constantly being pursued, constantly recieving text messages, and consistently "Hedging their Bets" with male suitors. Attractive women here are not sitting at home sewing and ironing all night.

Everyone here is in front of the mirror pruning and prepping and getting ready to go out and meet people they have already been in contact with before any of us have woken up. This is a social society on this island, and people here, women in particular, are well adept at socializing and meeting men. They do not need anyone's help. These are NOT office workers here sitting behind a cubicle from 9 to 5, staring at a computer monitor all day, wondering what life is like beyond the windows and walls. Beautiful women are out socializing an being pursued. I can hardly get into my drag outfit without recieving 20 text messages every half hour.

However, i understand the facilitating aspect on the American male's part, where, for a variety of reasons, they need help in meeting women. Let's face it, some are overweight, some do not know how to speak, and instead grunt and make caveman-like sounds; many are socially incurable, fashionally incurable, grammatically illiterate, functionally incapacitated, and for lack of a better word: totally and chronically unemployable! Many are alcoholics, some are hard drug users, many are in chronic debt and do not know how to budget one single dollar; several do not know a second language, or think ghetto talk qualifies as a second language; and many outright refuse to try and learn spanish.

I'm sorry, most of these hook-ups or meetings will end in complete disaster. These men coming down here are not Richard Gere from Pretty Women, looking to sweep some dominican beauty off their feet, or off some computer screen and take them home to meet mom and dad. No, on the contrary, many of the men--but certainly not most--are just looking to get laid. Period. And they're simply looking to use your Hook-up service as a sort of 'Glorified meat market" to help them choose an FDA certified Grade A meat that they're hoping to catch.

In other words, the truly rich ones--the truly good male catches coming down here, are not interested in coming down here to look for a wife and sweep them off their feet. The ones filling that role are already walking up and down the streets of Sosua and Boca Chica in tank tops and muscle shirts with their bellys hanging down; many of them are functionally illiterate, very sleazy (Ok, I'm sleazy too), socially inept, and not a fine catch by any stretch of the imagination.

Do i think there is money to be made here...possibly. Do i think it's an ethically good business to be in? I don't know. I certainly wouldn't want to do it. I already get to sit at a bar on the beach and listen to, and watch drunk male tourists and expats--who couldn't court, nor pick up a drunk donkey with a lasso around its neck--try and pick up good looking dominican women--but end up with a bar hooker instead, becuase, well, let's face it...if they were such a good catch to begin with, why are they down here hanging out at Bambu until 3am in the morning, looking for virgins to take back to their hotel room?

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Man, there's a lot here i do not understand, but i'm slow, so i want to apologize right off the bat for my lack of comprehension.

In trying to be a good matchmaker, are you not just helping to facilitate cheap, overweight, down-on-their-luck, barely employable, socially inept, ghetto speaking Americans--who barely know how to tie their shoes or put on a condom correctly--to meet mostly uneducated--but not entirely stupid--Dominican females, whom, if they are beautiful--already have men abroad sending them money through Western Union and trying to court them.

With all due respect, I would caution against rushing to judgement based on such stereotypes. Most of the guys I have seen in the Dominican matchmaking game are accomplished professionals with solid incomes, suburban homes averaging $750K, boats, motorcycles, luxury cars and fat bank accounts. These guys may "speak ghetto" but they also speak business and are very successful at it. Nore often than not their kids are grown and finished college with careers of their own and these guys have good material to offer to the right Girl

If you're ever in the Washington DC area take a trip to National Harbor and see who the yacht owners are. They're the same guys you're talking about here. Most have at least one pension coming in, run successful businesses and have too much material wealth not to share, they're just looking for the right person to share with, in other words they feel that they've earned the right to the Girl of their dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.