Warning, Spanish man thief returns to Sosua

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
It's amazing how much money he must make off expats or gringos bc there sure are a lot of people who hate this guy! LMAO

Here is a tip, if some stranger asks you for money, their story is a lie no matter where they are from. If you kind of know them it is probably a lie as well. ...

Unless he starts his patter with: "My fren, can I be really honest with you...?" That means his story is the truth, especially if he sounds sincere.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the chances are he will end up in one of my dead gringo reports. hustling ain't easy.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Spanish stupid dude asking for money

This morning, I was walking in el Batey Sosua. This guy came to me, said he was spanish and got robbed. Said he needs to make some kind of bull**** papers and asked me money. I knew his face because he was mentionned as a scam on facebook. He is about 40, dark hair, speaks rapidly english with an accent. I told him to **** off. So be safe, dont trust that asshole, dont give him money and of course never follow him anywhere or take him to your place... :)

This morning, I was walking in el Batey Sosua. This guy came to me, said he was spanish and got robbed. Said he needs to make some kind of bull**** papers and asked me money. I knew his face because he was mentionned as a scam on facebook. He is about 40, dark hair, speaks rapidly english with an accent. I told him to **** off. So be safe, dont trust that asshole, dont give him money and of course never follow him anywhere or take him to your place... :)

I can't wait to meet this guy!!! I am going to have some fun with him ;-)

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Con artist is back

Was down at Playa Alicia this afternoon and got accosted by the "You are from here? Thanks God.I am fromma Spain and maybee you canna help me" guy.
Fortunately DR 1 and other sources have made me wise to this Tiguere so I was not polite, to say the least.
In his thirties, not bad looking but a bit scruffy, speaks English with a fake or exaggerated accent.

Be warned,( but I'm pretty sure no one on this forum will fall for it but pass on the message.)

How come he has not been locked up is anyone's guess.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Next time you see him you should punch him in the throat. That way next time any of us run into him we will be able to tell as he will talk like Donald Duck

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
the guy is probably really in need.... make him a gardener or handyman let him be the watchyman

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I think quite a few on dr1 have already fell for his scam.
So does all he do is ask people for money with some Stupid story or does he also promise work etc then never follow through?

can we review him???bring the thread back and read his line??

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
The thing that cracks me up about this is that people actually need a "warning" not to give him money?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
It's amazing how much money he must make off expats or gringos bc there sure are a lot of people who hate this guy! LMAO

Here is a tip, if some stranger asks you for money, their story is a lie no matter where they are from. If you kind of know them it is probably a lie as well.

If you gave money to this guy, only really one person to blame...YOURSELF!

wow i give //// u dont actually think he makes alot of money begging??? 20 pesos.? ... holy moly...pocket change???coins you put on the dresser...boy what if he went home and shot himself...because he failed at eating that day....stuck here...no money no food had to pay rent ...are you people of christian/jewish faith...??? or just keep the money tomyself because its expensive here...and f---- this guy whos begging for a half a buck...maybe if he lost a leg youd give him a quarter???