Warning, Spanish man thief returns to Sosua

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
The thing that cracks me up about this is that people actually need a "warning" not to give him money?

you cant wont give a person a quarter ???time to go back home...what is your problem with you's...cigarettes expensive in d.r. ???drinks.beers, liquor too much money per day... pay per play ppp ladies/guys too expensive?? well next time you use a ppp pay them a dollar less. and plan on giving 50cents to a beggar... that way you have saved 50cents...(not the rapper 50cent)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
He's about 40, Spanish, driving a red motorbike, he's good looking, perfect English, gives a story he's waiting on money from a bank and he needs to get to Puerto Plata or Santpo Domingo..... he wants cash!
I gave him 500 pesos about 6 months ago and I told him so. He left the office and jumped onto his motorbike.
Oh, he stinks of beer as well.

and you think this is/was a phoney story or maybe a ppp got in the way his sister needed money more than him he only stopped for one beer and somehow turned into five/six on your good gift...when good thing it was only 12/14 dollars and not ten k$

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The next time one of you see him you should tell him the police are looking for him, this will probably make him disappear for a while..

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Not just this guy, but there are a few of these around, another one is Italian I think and calls himself Peter (operates in Sosua, Cabarete and Puerto Plata). Walks around looking for preys, expats know these guys but short-time visitors might fall for their stories....spread the word.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are you the same people I read about bragging of how you ducked out of exit fees, what 1 or 2 mil? Who is cheaper the begger or the scammer?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Are you the same people I read about bragging of how you ducked out of exit fees, what 1 or 2 mil? Who is cheaper the begger or the scammer?

Not trying to go off topic but I'd love to know how that works.

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
I'd bet a few bucks this guy is financially very ok as are most hustlers. A lot of these hustlers do these scams with mental illness. As someone said before hustling ain't easy. And this guy is a pro hustler

Chuck Riley.

Oct 23, 2011
Hes not that good lol - we all realized what he was

Never said he was good. More that he does this for a living as a 'profession' if you will. Anyways the word is out. Ill be sporting with him if he approaches me when Im back in Sosua next. Ever since Passions and CMP closed down I don't go there so often.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Not trying to go off topic but I'd love to know how that works.

There has been a couple (well one particular)of idiots on here who recently shared their experience of skipping or scamming the new exit fee system, which was obviously a silly lie, as how they described they managed it, it impossible. Never ceases to surprise me, the rejects that come through here!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Tried to hit me up early yesterday morning in Sosua. I did tell him the police were about to arrest him. He took off

Bob K