We are hiring! Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club - Puerto Plata

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So up to $1300 USD per month. So based on a 44 hour work week that's about $7.40 USD per hour. Now in all honesty the sun would have to shine out of your butt to get to the max level and 60 hours is probably more realistic.
Completely ridiculous. Why don't you just advertise that the pay is around 2 to 3 dollars a hour and you will be treated like a rented mule, on a good day.

Considering a teacher is paid 50k pesos a month, doesn't seem that bad, here in paradise.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
By the way.....historical errors.....we are Lakota.....never an enemy to the Apache.....I have great respect for Geronimo......as much as I do for Sitting Bull.....BUT let's keep this DR related.
Your profile photo is now actually of Red Cloud, a Sioux Chief of the Oglala Lakota.
Lakota were part of the Sioux tribe along with the Dakota and Nakota tribes.

Red Cloud born in Nebraska, but sent to South Dakota after the Treaty of Fort Laramie where he lived out his life and died on the Pine Ridge reservation.
He was most famous after the Fetterman Massacre or "Battle of a Hundred Slain" in the winter of 1866 in Wyoming.

The above is not DR related but I am interested in hearing from someone who is familiar with Taino Indian history. And if anyone can still speak the Taino language? Any good books or local historical sites with any remnant of Taino culture remaining inside DR? Anywhere museum here where can see pre-Colombian pottery?

I have read that since the Spanish came bringing no women they took Taino wives and thus was born Meztisos, (the term for mixed European / Indigenous Indian).

Since smallpox wiped out most Tainos (no N95 masks back then) I doubt there are any pure Tainos living anywhere today? That may be one positive about reservations, they do perpetuate bloodlines.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Gosh, Customer Service for a timeshare company sounds like the worst job. They are the ones that people have to speak to when they get back home and realise it's all a big scam and try to get their money back. I think that's why the salary is so high, basically you're being shouted at and accused of being a fraud all day. If it was a normal customer service position on the north coast, with English, you could pick those people up for RD$ 30,000 a month I'm pretty certain.
Customer Service?
Sounds more like Account Retention and the going rate (for a competent agent) is probably closer to RD$35,000 a month.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Customer Service?
Sounds more like Account Retention and the going rate (for a competent agent) is probably closer to RD$35,000 a month.
I believe that once you get it there is no way to get out of it.there are monthly yearly fees. They have people calling to get the fees.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I believe that once you get it there is no way to get out of it.there are monthly yearly fees. They have people calling to get the fees.
I've heard simular stories in the past.
Buyer beware.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I wonder if they try to talk people into taking out a reverse mortgage to pay for the time share? That's the holy grail of the real estate scams 😁
as I indicated, there is a sucker for every scam. Slot machines, lotto and the 1600,00 dollar a month Mercedes payment. Look at all the advertisements for "debt consolidation." and "credit repair". Suckers can't resist these ploys.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
as I indicated, there is a sucker for every scam. Slot machines, lotto and the 1600,00 dollar a month Mercedes payment. Look at all the advertisements for "debt consolidation." and "credit repair". Suckers can't resist these ploys.
Adding telesales for medicare reimbursed heath devices and meds

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Someone I know worked there years ago, he won an award for being the best salesman and his boss said to him, 'congrats on being the best liar'....he quit the next day feeling so guilty even though he was earning so much money....reality got to his conscience!

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Where u been?

Been toodling along working my butt off, employing people who do things like customer service roles which require English which is why I am able to give an idea of what you could recruit them for. What about you Hijo, what you been up to?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Customer Service?

Gosh, a whole $5,000 pesos of difference, well worth correcting me on. My point was that you wouldn't need to pay the RD$ 80,000 they are offering unless it was a truly sh!tty job (which this appears to be)

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Been toodling along working my butt off, employing people who do things like customer service roles which require English which is why I am able to give an idea of what you could recruit them for. What about you Hijo, what you been up to?
Hi Maria, are you hiring?! Seriously....I'm looking for work.