what did we do wrong?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You like Castro?

Then don,t come here,go to Cuba and join "Fidels Failed Revolution"!When the "Russians" left Cuba so did their rubles.I went to Cuba 3 years ago,"No hay Vida!" Tourist dollars are an important part of the Dominican economy.Don,t be so quick to wish them gone! Winstone Churchill said; "A man who is not a radical in his youth has no heart,and a man who does not become more conservative with age,has no brain!" You are still young,you will "come around". Criss Colon

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
listen to what I am saying, not what you think I am saying.

Criss -

you put what I said completely out of context. I never expressed any support for castro or anything that happened in cuba. I just simply pointed out a fact. Castro was successful in winning peoples support for his so called revolution because of the general feeling of the people at the time. Cuba had literally sold itself to foreign companies and people were tired of it...Castro capitalized on this and turned out to do more harm to his people.

I don't wish the foreigners in DR gone, I realize that tourism is just as important in DR as it is in any other country. All I am saying is that they alone are not going to solve our problems. We are Dominicans, this is our country, we need to stop complaining, stop contributing to the problem and become more proactive in fixing this mess. I might be young Criss, but I am not naive.

as for anyone else who wishes to direct something towards me, just e-mail me.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DRtechie

You sound like a well educated and well reasoning 21 year old. Most grown men never reach your level of maturity. I applaud your desire to give back to the homeland.