What did you do today to enjoy life in DR?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Like every sunday afternoon, I went for a drive along the seashore down autopista Las Americas to Boca Chica. I Ate some seafood and drank a couple of Presidentes and came back to SD at sunset. Good, simple life.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I did what I do everyday.
I watched my children playing,eating,watching TV,laughing,argueing,doing homework, and it made me very happy.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Oh!",and I smoked a bunch of good cigars too!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
For yesterday...forgot to write it down

Slept in long. Had brunch instead of breakfast.
Read a book.
And gave obedience lessons at Kiosko Beach....nice to get back into training with other dog owners and with my own dogs.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
went for a long weekend in Las Terrenas and ate the best food in the world. Had dinner with my French friends all in French. Danced all night at the Bodega. Went to the beach at Coson. Went to the Beach at Las Ballenas. Went to the beach at Punto Poppy. Drove back to SD. Slept in.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
meanwhile up north

06:00 - get up and make coffee (Columbian I believe today)
06:15 - go outside for a 3K walk, watch the world wake-up
07:00 - kiss the wife and kids, drive to work
08:00 - start work
18:00 - stop work
19:15 - arrive home, kiss the wife, the kids, have dinner (salad and grilled chicken), coffee and a cigar outside on my deck with my family
22:00 - go to bed with my lovely wife
23:00 - go to sleep :)

Repeat 5 times during the week and sometimes during the weekend :(

To be honest I am happy to have work, given the current economic downturn.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
My day was actually Monday. Caught the 7 am guagua to the Capital, then a taxi to the Laser Eye Clinic where I had my eyes tested and poked and prodded. I reported my fears about renewing my drivers licence, because last time I couldn?t even see the board They told me not to worry and gave me a very official looking letter to hand in to the Licence people. Caught a taxi to the Licence place ( forgotten the name) handed in my letter and other bits of paper, shuttled back and forth to various offices , got more bits of paper and the back and forth again for more signatures and rubber stamps, but still no eye test,had my photograph taken and after another sit down was called and given my new licence, which I really must inspect properly! After trying to get a cup of coffee unsuccessfully, there was no more as it was after 12 o?clock and waiting for ages for a taxi. got back to the Samana/LT guagua parade about 1 o?clock to await the 1.40 pm "express" guagua. My wife visited Plaza Lama but I told her when they called us i would save her seat but that if she was late I was going home anyway. ( I?m not sure if I meant it or not!). Anyway she made it and we were back in LT for half past 4. We were home before a while before 5, a large whiskey for me and cold chicken and rice for her, I had mine later. Collapsed into bed before 8 pm and slept like a log. I don?t like visits to the Capital !!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Man, if only I could say, but It was a very very good day.............
When you feel 20 again..............

B in Santiago

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
How fun.

Work
Rum
Nap
Work
Smoke
Work

Eat.... lately I've been enjoying City Work, I didn't realize the cost/portion is quite good.

We just had a sun shower in the Capital, I watched from the balcony with the dog.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I can't wait for animal protection to shut cock fights down.
HAHAHHAHAHAHA.. ooo.. HAHAHHAAH

Who do you think are the people who frequent cock fights in the DR? It definitely isn't people with no influence lol.. Familia Ramos, Leon, and the list goes on of families who are prominent cock fighters.. Everytime anything negative is mentioned about cockfighting that idea is shut down instantly. a fighting cock is the mascot of either the PLD or PRSC (Major political parties) can't remember which one uses the cock tho...

once again.. HAHAHAHAH

Dec 26, 2011
HAHAHHAHAHAHA.. ooo.. HAHAHHAAH

Who do you think are the people who frequent cock fights in the DR? It definitely isn't people with no influence lol.. Familia Ramos, Leon, and the list goes on of families who are prominent cock fighters.. Everytime anything negative is mentioned about cockfighting that idea is shut down instantly. a fighting cock is the mascot of either the PLD or PRSC (Major political parties) can't remember which one uses the cock tho...

once again.. HAHAHAHAH

The PRSC. But it's just a cock. It's not fighting. :)

It's 2012. We can find pleasure without torturing bulls and roosters and dogs. The tolerance shown in RD towards the sport is symptomatic of a larger problem.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

It's 2012. We can find pleasure without torturing bulls and roosters and dogs. The tolerance shown in RD towards the sport is symptomatic of a larger problem.

I'm scared I may have found someone who sleeps less than me :(

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~twas our last day on our beloved isle~...for now

~Watched the sun rise on La Playa El Corticeto, it was beautiful....walked back to apartment, whipped up Bacon, Eggs and Potatoes for miesposo..."his favorite"....

~Back to da beach...the seas had calmed a little this day....as the local haitains would say...."dem seas dey a angra todau" and they were for three days straight......miesposo actually had to rescue a swimmer stuck in a rip tide....along with paintings that had been swept away off the local vendor tables....they stood watching as their goods floated away getting pounded by the waves..."They dont swim"...so another good deed for the day...we rescued their goods from the sea.....a Good deed does not go unnoticed....the reward was a bottle of brugal!!!!! Nice:)

~Beers and Pizza on da beach for lunch....back to La Picina for another cool down, wicked hot off da beach, no beeze by apartment.....Cuba Libre's to quench our thirst.....

All in all a nice day, can't complain even though it was our last day on the isle............:( ...back to reality now!!!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

I actually think that the cock fighting here was probably good for the villages. It got the men out of the stupid bancas which is a silly way to bet and loose money. The fighting cocks are a very old tradition here and they are enormously valuable. The regular little rings were closed about four or five years ago when there was an outbreak of bird flu and the Haitian government used it as leverage to stop the eggs from coming across to give them a change to bring up their egg industry.

We often make the mistake of judging things as barbaric or something else and not taking into account that it might play a useful role in the culture. Maybe cock fighting helped release some of the testosterone build up .. the way american football seems to,.

Certainly our stockyards in the US are a fine example of animal torture.

Personally, I wish the cock rings were all open again.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I actually think that the cock fighting here was probably good for the villages. It got the men out of the stupid bancas which is a silly way to bet and loose money. The fighting cocks are a very old tradition here and they are enormously valuable. The regular little rings were closed about four or five years ago when there was an outbreak of bird flu and the Haitian government used it as leverage to stop the eggs from coming across to give them a change to bring up their egg industry.

We often make the mistake of judging things as barbaric or something else and not taking into account that it might play a useful role in the culture. Maybe cock fighting helped release some of the testosterone build up .. the way american football seems to,.

Certainly our stockyards in the US are a fine example of animal torture.

Personally, I wish the cock rings were all open again.

Yea.. the closing of the roadside rings has turned cockfighting into an elitist sport now.. parking lots full of 2012 yipetas, politicians, peloteros, bachateros, businessman all run cockfighting now.. They just pay traveros to take care of their birds.. it's sad the small man can't make it anymore.