What did you do today to enjoy life in DR?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
~twas our last day on our beloved isle~...for now

~Watched the sun rise on La Playa El Corticeto, it was beautiful....walked back to apartment, whipped up Bacon, Eggs and Potatoes for miesposo..."his favorite"....

~Back to da beach...the seas had calmed a little this day....as the local haitains would say...."dem seas dey a angra todau" and they were for three days straight......miesposo actually had to rescue a swimmer stuck in a rip tide....along with paintings that had been swept away off the local vendor tables....they stood watching as their goods floated away getting pounded by the waves..."They dont swim"...so another good deed for the day...we rescued their goods from the sea.....a Good deed does not go unnoticed....the reward was a bottle of brugal!!!!! Nice:)

~Beers and Pizza on da beach for lunch....back to La Picina for another cool down, wicked hot off da beach, no beeze by apartment.....Cuba Libre's to quench our thirst.....

All in all a nice day, can't complain even though it was our last day on the isle............:( ...back to reality now!!!!

Wait a minute.....................there is another miesposo ?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I actually think that the cock fighting here was probably good for the villages. It got the men out of the stupid bancas which is a silly way to bet and loose money.

Are you aware that the whole point of cock fighting is betting? So, why is it good to get the men out of the bancas and into cock fighting? They waste money on both. At least in the bancas no animals are killed.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Are you aware that the whole point of cock fighting is betting? So, why is it good to get the men out of the bancas and into cock fighting? They waste money on both. At least in the bancas no animals are killed.

You HAVE to kill the ROOSTERS anyway! where do you think the CHICKEN that you are eating comes from? a magic chicken tree?

And of course I am aware the point is betting!!

but it is also breeding, and raising, and training..

it is a way for a campesino to work his way out of poverty

a good fighting cock can sell for US $25k

there is a HUGE employment residual

whereas the bancas just employ one or two chicas. they are often the only electricity in a settlement. they do not provide ANY sort of public service.THey are PRIVATE lottery games made by rich names like SOTO Castillo Bisono Searrulle.. Who just enrich themselves.

i certainly love a good race track! horse racing. dog racing. car racing.

i love betting on games of chance.

and I support a national lottery for education

but private lotteries for private gain I consider to be highway robbery

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well, I don't agree with bancas more than I do with cock fighting. Or dog fighting, or bull fighting for that matter. All of them should be banned for good. I'm sure those campesinos can find another way out of poverty without getting involve in activities that make his fellow campesinos poorer and that torture animals, just for the kick of it. Oh, and have you ever eaten any of those fine ROOSTERS?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Well, I don't agree with bancas more than I do with cock fighting. Or dog fighting, or bull fighting for that matter. All of them should be banned for good. I'm sure those campesinos can find another way out of poverty without getting involve in activities that make his fellow campesinos poorer and that torture animals, just for the kick of it. Oh, and have you ever eaten any of those fine ROOSTERS?

Listen, just because YOU do not approve of them, Commisar, WHAT gives you the RIGHT to BAN them for the rest of us who might enjoy them?

I eat meat.

I once had the extraordinary thrill of watching El Cordobes fight the Bulls. Bullfighting is an ARTFORM

You, who slaughter your beef in the most horrible of circumstances in Chicago

You, who raise your pigs and chickens in the most disgusting and in humane conditions

You, who bomb and destroy peasants all over the world from the safety on unmanned drones

STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Not because some people enjoy an activity means it has to be legal. I'm sure when gladiators existed some people thought it was unfair to them (the public) if that was be declared illegal. Thanks god, in some small aspects, civilization has evolved.

But hey, I don't want to argue about this, or hijack the thread. I respect your opinion, and hope you respect mine. If you enjoy this fights, keep doing it and exercise your right to express your opinion. Just don't get upset when others do the same.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
~Watched the sun rise on La Playa El Corticeto, it was beautiful....walked back to apartment, whipped up Bacon, Eggs and Potatoes for miesposo..."his favorite"....

i don't know who you are. i don't know what you want. if you are looking for ransom, i can tell you i don't have money. but what i do have are a very particular set of skills; skills i have acquired over a very long career. skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. if you let miesposo go now, that'll be the end of it. i will not look for you, i will not pursue you. but if you don't, i will look for you, i will find you, and i will kill you.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You HAVE to kill the ROOSTERS anyway! where do you think the CHICKEN that you are eating comes from? a magic chicken tree?

And of course I am aware the point is betting!!

but it is also breeding, and raising, and training..

it is a way for a campesino to work his way out of poverty

a good fighting cock can sell for US $25k

there is a HUGE employment residual

whereas the bancas just employ one or two chicas. they are often the only electricity in a settlement. they do not provide ANY sort of public service.THey are PRIVATE lottery games made by rich names like SOTO Castillo Bisono Searrulle.. Who just enrich themselves.

i certainly love a good race track! horse racing. dog racing. car racing.

i love betting on games of chance.

and I support a national lottery for education

but private lotteries for private gain I consider to be highway robbery

I just wish the Fu---kers wouldn't start crowing at 3 am.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Listen, just because YOU do not approve of them, Commisar, WHAT gives you the RIGHT to BAN them for the rest of us who might enjoy them?

I eat meat.

I once had the extraordinary thrill of watching El Cordobes fight the Bulls. Bullfighting is an ARTFORM

You, who slaughter your beef in the most horrible of circumstances in Chicago

You, who raise your pigs and chickens in the most disgusting and in humane conditions

You, who bomb and destroy peasants all over the world from the safety on unmanned drones

STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE

i don't care what you do in your spare time.. this was an epic post! :)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Lol.. Now that I think about it, animal lovers should be pro cock-fighting I'd say.. Those chickens are treated better than your kids can ever dream of being treated.. eating only the best foods, training in perfect conditions, hot hens galore.. man.. I wanna be reincarnated as a fighting cock!!!!! What would you guys choose.. a fighting cock or a fat plump purdue chicken living underneath some hens that take ****s on you all day?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
i don't know who you are. i don't know what you want. if you are looking for ransom, i can tell you i don't have money. but what i do have are a very particular set of skills; skills i have acquired over a very long career. skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. if you let miesposo go now, that'll be the end of it. i will not look for you, i will not pursue you. but if you don't, i will look for you, i will find you, and i will kill you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SXsCkKuvOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....................

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I can't wait for animal protection to shut cock fights down.

I am sure you don't eat chicken, beef or fish (those fish hooks are so cruel) and I may be wrong , but I bet your sportsman- ship and athletic prowess consists of tending a flower garden.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011

~Que???

Sep 4, 2012
Why has it been so hot lately, isn't summer off already?

Anyways, more running, more sweat and more pool to cool off. That traffic in Abraham Lincoln is a killer!