What does your User Name mean?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
I raise apples. Started with antique varieties (old, uncommon, but delicious) as a hobby, which led to a seasonal farm market, which led to pressing award winning cider, which led to a lot of work. Now I just raise apples for a hobby. What goes around comes around. But, I'm still the appleman to my friends.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
In the dark ages, there were 3 or 4 Andy's on the board. I chose "a andy" as in "one of the andy's" (decided against "an andy"). It seemed to cause confusion with some posters not knowing whether to address me as "a" or "andy".

After the transformation, when everybody had to re-register, I transposed the parts. Now I get confused with another poster sometimes.

If I ever register again, I think I'll choose something more distinctive - I might do it anyway, but then I'd have to somehow keep my notoriety.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Moniki and Minni

Moniki= First name is Monique and nickname Niki thus...Moniki

Minni= First name is Mineydis (it's cuban) everyone in NJ had trouble pronouncing it so it became Minni. I grew up in Perth Amboy and moved to Florida in 92.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
user name meaning...

the meaning of my user name:

1. themed-based-
(TO)do (R)epublica (D)ominicana (OK)
and,
2. personal based-
Tor-Dok is reverse for Dok-Tor. Comes from the dubbed into Spanish cartoon TV series of Felix the Cat. The mad scientist character was called Colo Tordoc "Doctor Loco, al rev?s". And yes I am a doctor loco aiming to become a Taino shaman.

-Tordok;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Great Thread, I can't wait until PIB gets here!!

Hillbilly: Born and shod in Kanawha County, West (By God!) Virginia. Took the name originally on a cigar site for the "country effect" so to speak. My real name is so Spanish/Latino/Hispanic that nobody believes I am a real hillbilly.

But here is where it gets funny. Most of my adolecence was spent in New Jersey! Bergan County, Ridgewood and Ho-Ho-Kus, the real "Burbs"! Even graduated from FDU there in Teaneck.

Small world???

HB

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
My business partner and I own a "Fire" Equipment supply company on Canada's East Coast selling primarily to municipal Fire & Rescue professionals.

Gregg

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm using my own name because the names I really wanted--Pib, Cris Colon, Hillbilly and AZB--were already taken.

nickname

In 1978 while coaching a 16-17 year old boys hockey team, they nicknamed me after the flamboyant dressing professional football player Thomas A. "Hollywood" Henderson, because I dressed to the nines like he did, fur coat, stetson and all.
Personalized plates came out and it had to be 6 letters so I used phonetics to come up with "Hlywud". These plates grace my immaculate 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible.
The name stuck and even when I walk down the street in my small home town of 4000, I am called Hlywud by everyone that I know and I know most of them.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Timex Gives a Licking & keeps on Ticking!
Mrs Timex Takes a Licking and keeps on Ticking!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Tim & Mechi H.;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
take your pick

Chirimoya is:

(a) the name of the Amazonian tribe that raised me after I survived the aircrash.

(b) a version of a nickname for people who, like me, come from Gibraltar. The reason was that when the border with Spain re-opened, Gibraltarians went wild buying all the wonderful fresh fruit and vegetables, having been deprived of them during the years of the siege (late 1960s to mid 1980s). Our Spanish neighbours stood by and watched with amusement, and for some years labelled us 'chirimoyos' after the fruit that we were all clamouring for.

I actually dislike the fruit, but think it is a lovely and distinctive name.

Chiri
(La Llanita Solitaria)

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Yesterday......
At the Santiago airport I had all my souvenirs in my carry-on and I had bought myself a g?ira and forgot about the thing that you play it with. A piece of wood about a half-inch sqare and maybe an inch long, with three metal tines about the diameter and strength of a bicyle spoke stuck into the wood and about 3-to-4 inches long. I'm sure it has a proper name but I just call it the "chicker" because it makes the g?ira go "chick-a-chick-a-chick chick" and so on. Well, now I got no chicker. Airport security has it.
Story.........so......boring........slipping.......into.........bemused........indifference.....yawwwwnnnnnn!