What does your User Name mean?

gringosmooth

Jan 11, 2004
gringo smooth...

as a parody of all the american white men dancing in the discos off beat that think they are "smooth".

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
My fist name is Ramon and when I was young my grandmother would call me Monchi. The number 8 is for August which is my birth month.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Can't use my real name

which is Ron; locals thought that was pretty funny when I lived in the DR!

I have a small collection of old military rifles including several models of 6.5mm Swedish Mausers. So I chose m65swede and use that handle on several forums. :)

Swede

papillon

Nov 4, 2003
My favorite book. Based on a true story, Papillon tells the story of Henri Charriere, also known as Papillon, which is French for 'butterfly', because he sports a large tattoo of a butterfly. Papillon, a petty criminal, is wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to life in the French penal colony in Guyana (South America). Papillon is determined to escape but his first attempts result in eventual recapture, despite reaching such locales as an Indian paradise and a leper's colony. As punishment, he is sent to Devil's Island, a prison within the Guyana prison, from which no one has ever escaped. He continues his attempts to escape despite incarcerations in solitary confinement as punishment.

Greetings from frigid Michigan!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Well my name is Mike.

I was drunk when I first found this board. Because of past tragic experiences trying to come up with "cool" usernames while drunk (obviously they didn't seem very cool the next day) I forced myself to use something generic that would be difficult to misinterpret. Nonetheless the self important "Mr" at the beginning betrays the fact that I was filled with about 80-100 fl. oz. of "Presidente" brand self-importance at the time. (I think just plain Mike was taken)

Luckily the sign in is cookie-based, because I never would have remembered the password.

jt76

Jan 23, 2002
j=Jose
T= First letter of my last name
76 year I was born.

I also lived in Jersey. Atlantic city to be precise.

blong

Sep 30, 2003
My first name is Brian and last name is Long

TallDrink, unless you are 9 years old being "almost six feet tall" is hardly tall at all. Maybe you should switch to AverageJoe.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
blong -
I believe Talldrink is a lady so I don't think she will qualify for Average Joe unless she is the one on the recieving end !

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
marliejaneca said:
blong -
I believe Talldrink is a lady so I don't think she will qualify for Average Joe unless she is the one on the recieving end !

Yes ma'am I am a girl and I have been this tall since I was about 9!! Im actually around 5'10'' - it all depends on the day....

So NJ - can we get together for real? or do we have to wait to have a reunion in DR?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Talldrink
start a new thread about getting together with members from the NJ area. They have done it a couple of times in NY.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
And the survey says

Because when my family lived in Queens we had neighbors who were from el Cibao and they always greeted one with "dimelo principe"

I live in Jersey City and a jersey reunion would be cool.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My username, mkohn, is short for marykohn. Some people don't take me seriously if I use my full name.
mk
:)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
mkohn said:
My username, mkohn, is short for marykohn. Some people don't take me seriously if I use my full name.
mk
:)

LOL We had a teacher called Mrs Connor. It was rumoured her full name was Mari Connor. Also, a common signature in letters to the Editor was C. O. Jones.

Chiri

tigre72

May 6, 2003
Simply my dog's name (we thought Tiger was more of a cat's name so changed it to the Spanish version - Tigre), oh, and the year I was born.