What's on the menu today?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks! i try to eat well. sometimes i feel sorry for miesposo because he has to eat all that too, ha ha ha.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Toast and hardboiled egg for breakfast. Lunch/Dinner grilled cheese w/tomato and chicken soup w/rice. Nothing too fancy...

**DV8 your gnocchi sounds delicious...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Chicken wings tossed in a puree of bacon, red onion, Henny White, and jerk seasoning. Slow cooked on the grill, then moved onto the open flame to get that crispy skin.

Dude, you gotta be rico to use henny white as wing sauce.

Here; blue crab for brunch, eggnog and AUTHENTIC buffalo wings for dinner.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

dead simple too. i had some leftover boiled celery root from a dinner yesterday. mashed it in a food processor, added one egg, a pinch of salt and about 70 gr of flour (for 250 gr of celery, just to give proportion). rolled the dough into strips, cut it in small pieces, throw in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
in a separate pan fried few chopped up chorizos taken out of the casings. put chorizos, with the grease, on the gnocchi, parmesan on top.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Toast and hardboiled egg for breakfast. Lunch/Dinner grilled cheese w/tomato and chicken soup w/rice. Nothing too fancy...

I love grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. Now that you've mentioned it I might just make me one before bedtime.;)

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Chili and bohemias while watching the...........GIANTS GET THERE ASSES HANDED TO THEM.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
dead simple too. i had some leftover boiled celery root from a dinner yesterday. mashed it in a food processor, added one egg, a pinch of salt and about 70 gr of flour (for 250 gr of celery, just to give proportion). rolled the dough into strips, cut it in small pieces, throw in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
I'm taking notes and will try it this week or as soon as I can get my mitts on some celery root.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
First: Juice from a lemon, a pinch of baking soda, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of organic vinegar, a scoop of green food and about 4 oz. of water.

10 min later: Two boiled eggs and a slice of banana bread.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
First: Juice from a lemon, a pinch of baking soda, a teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of organic vinegar, a scoop of green food and about 4 oz. of water.

Ah, I see what you doing there with the PH balancing .. Nicely done !

have you also tried to cup of Hot water , first thing after waking up trick yet ?
its awesome. Magic for any sinus problems..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

What's green food?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
inspired by the gorgon i tried making rugelach today. that was my first attempt at this dish. i had the tab with recipe open during entire xmas period and was thinking about making them but since i already made six kinds of cookies and a giant ass coconut cake i decided against it.

anyways, i made the dough, rolled up the damn things, put them to the fridge to chill. opened the fridge to put something in and the tray with those wretched cookies slid from the shelf and fell to the floor. i scooped them up but needles too say they looked like they already passed though someone's digestive system. i decided to bake them anyways and towards the end of baking oven door broke down and would not close.

damn. damn. damn again.

we ate the damn things anyways. every single one of them. despite turd like looks. what sorcery is that? they were not even half as good as they could be if i knew how to make 'em and made them right.

so that's what was on the menu today. if i gain any weight the gorgon will so get it. you hear that, man?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
inspired by the gorgon i tried making rugelach today. that was my first attempt at this dish. i had the tab with recipe open during entire xmas period and was thinking about making them but since i already made six kinds of cookies and a giant ass coconut cake i decided against it.

anyways, i made the dough, rolled up the damn things, put them to the fridge to chill. opened the fridge to put something in and the tray with those wretched cookies slid from the shelf and fell to the floor. i scooped them up but needles too say they looked like they already passed though someone's digestive system. i decided to bake them anyways and towards the end of baking oven door broke down and would not close.

damn. damn. damn again.

we ate the damn things anyways. every single one of them. despite turd like looks. what sorcery is that? they were not even half as good as they could be if i knew how to make 'em and made them right.

so that's what was on the menu today. if i gain any weight the gorgon will so get it. you hear that, man?

it will be worth it...

i better quit while i am still upright..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's not like the rest of them posters are blameless because for two days in a row we had grilled cheese sammiches for breakfast. :mad::mad::mad:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
it's not like the rest of them posters are blameless because for two days in a row we had grilled cheese sammiches for breakfast. :mad::mad::mad:

there you go. spread the blame around. the only thing is that since we are not flies on your wall, we do not know what is being requested by your husband.

and, when you make grilled cheese sandwiches, butter the bread with mayo instead of butter..good mayo, not Baldom.