Who is Robin Bernstein, the appointed US ambassador to DRt

Oct 11, 2010
“The journey to the DR has been one of the most magnificent journeys of my life. From the minute I stepped off the plane at the airport I was treated with caring. I felt the warmth of the Dominican people, it’s exciting, it’s beautiful, and since it is so much like Florida I feel that we have shared challenges,” she said.

We just returned from 10 days in West Palm Beach and I must say; the Dominican Republic is NOT like West Palm Beach . . .

It certainly isn't, she was referring to the climate . . .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Last week she met with Danilo at the National Palace and she definitely looks comfortable, not uptight as ex-US ambassador Wally.

[video=youtube;XxHl_4_sJ60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHl_4_sJ60[/video]

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I would say Danilo looks MORE comfortable posing with her, rather than Wally. Imagine where Wally's hand was.

Oct 11, 2010
I would say Danilo looks MORE comfortable posing with her, rather than Wally. Imagine where Wally's hand was.

Wally's hands were, and Robin's hands are, exactly where they should be . . .

2uts02t.jpg

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I really do wish Robin well and that she can grasp the situation/relationship that should exist between the DR and US. We should understand that a learning curve vs time is needed. I look forward to that happening as long as "Washington" also respects that.

Meanwhile? https://dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2018/10/12/china-envoy-says-agreements-are-in-the-offing/

Santo Domingo.- China ambassador, Zhang Run, said Thurs. that he works intensively with the Dominican Government to establish the institutional framework leading to the agreements for both nations to sign.

In a ceremony to the flag to mark China’s independence organized by New Horizons School, the diplomat said the agreements will pave the way for future cooperation and has been working on those projects during the 50 days he’s been on Dominican soil.

Ties

Zhang said he has found a broad consensus in the authorities, personalities from all sectors and political forces in support of Beijing-Santo Domingo ties.

First official activity in the country

“I have been here for about 50 days and I have met with the authorities, personalities of all sectors, and I am very happy that I find a general consensus, broad cross section of all sectors, of all political forces in support of the establishment of the new relations between China and the Dominican Republic,” he said.

The act to the flag, which was attended by the ambassador, is Zhang’s first official activity in which he participates as China’s envoy.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Huchi Lora and Amelia Deschamps commented on Mrs Bernstein’s visit to Danilo (the visit shown in my previous video). They basically said that Bernstein appears to be discreet, with not letting the public know the reason for the visit. They also said that since she and the ambassadors in El Salvador and Panama were called back to the US due to the new relationship with China, perhaps a hint of what the visit was about can be assumed by seeing what tge US ambassador to El Salvador said. They cite whatthe ambassador said, which was done directly to the Salvadorean people, basically punishing and threatning El Salvador for starting relationship with China.

[video=youtube;bmE5Yg382ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmE5Yg382ew[/video]

On another note, not too long ago the Chinese expressed an interest in becoming investment partners in the still under construction Punta Catalina coal power plant near Bani, which is suppose to be one of the largest power plants in the country. Not too long after that was made public, out of nowhere appears another interested investor but this time from the USA. Everything points towards the possibility of the US offer being an attempt to stifle the growing Chinese influence in the DR. The following quote is quite telling of the US intentions.

A source consulted in the International Trade Organization, in Washington D.C. United States, (International Trade Administration)said: “We are pleased that the Dominican government gives the opportunity to American investors to invest, more when the Caribbean country can show a significant growth in their economy.

“I hope that the process, whatever it is, will be carried out with integrity and there are no groups interested in adulterer the process by benefiting investors from other countries, such as China.” This is in the face of rumors that there are also Chinese investors interested in power plant Punta Catalina.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/39150968...in-coal-power-plant-in-the-dominican-republic