Why do the Dominican people have one of the highest amount of single -mother families

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
From what I've seen the community functions perfectly well like this. There is a community and familial responsibility
which is accepted as normal. Children are seen as an important part of life here, not some financial burden as in so-called developed countries.
The illusion of happy family life as presented on our western commercials is not considered a requirement and children here are celebrated,with or without wedlock.

I see the kids going to and from school, coming for baseball games, playing on the street and generally being pretty much kids.
This is unlike the community of fear and overprotection now engendered in our "first world".

In a small, sleepy town in Florida not so long ago I watched as armed school crossing wardens herded kids along.
I did find that quite astonishing.

I could not imagine deciding to make my life in a country which so many here seem to denigrate,judge by other principles and hate...

Baffles me completely...

Totally agree with your first world culture of fear comments. But your idealizing how things are in the DR...generations of kids
are From broken homes.
No amount of "it takes a village " karma...which is present to a degree..true, can make up for, polygamy,
broken homes, domestic violence, parents whom sometimes both have more
Interest in disco and dominos, casting aside all responsibility for their kids assuming Tia or abuela will pick up the slack.
These kids I see daily when in the barrio, are damaged goods treated marginally better than street dogs . Who will grow up to
repeat the cycle.
A majority of the millions of barrio kids will grow up in these households. Some will even make it past 8th grade and later
hop the metro and get a quasi education At UASD...but make no mistake, infidelity, pregnancy, and irresponsible parenting
is epidemic and suffocating to family Stability and child rearing for an alarming if not majority of kids in the DR.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
These kids I see daily when in the barrio, are damaged goods treated marginally better than street dogs . Who will grow up to
repeat the cycle.

Poor but happy ? These kids grow up in perpetual chains of abuse sexual, emotional and physical. It is sickening and heartbreaking and indicative of a complete societal breakdown. Those of us that live here and see things objectively can not idealize the tragic existence of these young ones who are born poor and vicitimized and will die poor and victimized.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Why aren't you banned for language and or, name calling?

Because I don't technically use banned language, I do not throw 'names' towards posts, and one that you might like to read about, we are generally adults on this site. We don't need a priest and sit down when we hear a little something we may disagree with.
Obviously you don't speak Spanican or you'd have a stroke walking through zny outdoor market or large open colmado.

Relax!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have custody and now my child and me live safely in Europe, as the more aware and ahead of the game fathers may have also done. Why?

Well I'd find it odd if you were slinging that much crap at Dominican women and still living with one. I know that you are generalizing and I observe the kind of behavior you are talking about, and know lots of single mothers, including some of my wife's relatives. For example her cousin Carmen- she has two daughters in their early 20's, both have children with Dominican guys living in the states. They don't have relationships with these guys anymore other than shared parenthood. The sperm donors in this case do pay some child support. Both girls and their children live with Carmen. Carmen divorced her husband about ten years ago as he was physically abusive and a drunk. Both girls work and are good mothers. Many of the Dominican women I know are religious ( evangelical or JW) and they don't fit your stereotype at all.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
A post from someone who only knows tourist towns.

Actually I have been here for 8 years and have explored most of the island. My original comments are just observations I have made over the years and was sharing them with the OP.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
because women here cannot keep their legs closed and allow anyone to bust a nekkid nut in their crotch clam.

i know this gal here, decent education, middle high class family, good job. yet recently she gave birth to a kid of good for nothing halfwit who spilled his seed left right and centre and has several kids, with different women. and just last week another contender to his wallet showed up on their doorstep claiming alimony. i just know this gal thinks she scored fcuking gold because her man may be screwing every snatch within the reach of his baby making bazooka but at the end of the day he lives with her. i don't even call her by the name, i just say "future single mother".

But gringas are the same. What you're saying about Dominican women is what Dominican men usually say about gringas: They'll sleep with anyone! Guys who work at resorts and also those who deal with volunteers talk about them as easy and approachable. They'd spread their legs for a coconut seller/motoconcho/animation guy/waiter/singer at a resort, etc. It doesn't matter how educated these ladies are. They might even be from good families. It doesn't matter if they guy has a bunch of kids he can't support.

What gringas have is child birth control. Some do get knocked up by resort workers, but usually they're good at either avoiding pregnancies or getting rid of pregnancies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wonder if Dark scorpion ever made his baby. The kids do look happer then kids in the usa.

The kids are happier until they get old enough and see how little of a future they have. Then they want to go do the USA. The problem here is the lack of effective use of birth control. Prohibition, as in abstinence, does not work. It is illogical to think otherwise.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i laugh at this notion of children being a blessing in DR. as soon as they are born they become practically valueless and they drop like flies because a lack of any basic care: from diarrhea, in house fires, drowning in a bucket of water.

But gringas are the same.

this thread is about dominican single mothers. that there are plenty of dumbass gringas who fall for jobless, uneducated morons is a subject of mars and venus forum and has already been well established. luckily most of those gringas have long dysfunctional egg business.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
i laugh at this notion of children being a blessing in DR. as soon as they are born they become practically valueless and they drop like flies because a lack of any basic care: from diarrhea, in house fires, drowning in a bucket of water.

this thread is about dominican single mothers. that there are plenty of dumbass gringas who fall for jobless, uneducated morons is a subject of mars and venus forum and has already been well established. luckily most of those gringas have long dysfunctional egg business.

You stated that the reason that there are so many single mothers is because women here can't keep their legs crossed and will allow anyone in, but that's not the reason, because gringas do the same thing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, fine, they cannot keep legs closed and they are too stupid to use any birth control, happy now?

or, to make it more relevant to my post, the gringas don't let men raw dog them.

Apr 7, 2014
Birth control has little account on being a single mother.
The reason there are many single moms is because neither the man nor woman have realistic expectations or the innate capacity to sustain serious relationships.

Yodel Gruelsohn, Organ Meatmaster

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You stated that the reason that there are so many single mothers is because women here can't keep their legs crossed and will allow anyone in, but that's not the reason, because gringas do the same thing.

I don't think the comparison is fair as they are now millions of gringas who come to DR on vacations, and the vast majority return without ****ing a Dominican,the comparison is pointless.

Why do you think there are so many single women in DR ? Or Do you even think that there are more single women in DR than other places you visited ? Is it related to the socio-economic ?

What is your take as a Domican woman ? :)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Do you have actual numbers? Curious
I understand this is a problem in the DR but was wondering how it differs from other Caribbean and Latin countries.

here are stats from the World Bank Adolescent fertility rate (births per 1,000 women ages 15-19) | Data | Table which puts the DR way ahead (or behind) every country in the region in teen pregancy.. The number of 100 births per 1000 is over 3 times that of the US. Mexico comes in at 63 vs the DR at 100. Perhaps Bob has another source of information?

I think that this is the one major factor for poverty reduction.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
ok, fine, they cannot keep legs closed and they are too stupid to use any birth control, happy now?

or, to make it more relevant to my post, the gringas don't let men raw dog them.

Ok, so what you original meant is that gringas are too stupid to know that a coconut seller is not a successful businessman? Happy now?

No, it doesn't make your post more relevant, because you're stating that the amount of single mothers here is because women are easier than other nationalities, which is not true.
Yes, gringas are better are using birth control. Yea, that's what I said!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is what i said:

because women here cannot keep their legs closed and allow anyone to bust a nekkid nut in their crotch clam.

i made NO COMPARISON to other nationalities. stop provoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.