You Guys Have Really Scared me about Crime in DR, PLEASE help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks DV8 lets have a beer

After all we tried to teach you !!!!

You were warned not to warm up to strangers.... here you go with a total stranger.

She set you up - be careful.
She carries all the weaponry she says she doesn't.
She holds a grudge longer than the Devil himself.
She will beat you to a pulp!!

Consider your self dead - write a will then call your mother

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
In a nutshell, the quality of life in the DR is lower.

For me the quality of life was much higher in the D.R.
It was the standard of living that was lower... but that was a trade off that I was happy to make.
For me that was the whole point of living in the D.R.

Zulu

May 27, 2012
Dude i got to see that Elvis Character with a convertible cruising the coast does he wear the whole outfit?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
guys, i am so suing you for libel! you cannot prove anything! i got rid of the bodies!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I am well travelled in 3rd world locales such a Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Mexico etc but none of them were as bad as is described here about DR.
Don't worry, the DR isn't as bad as the DR of the DR1 forums. lol

For some reason, many things are blown out of proportion on the net.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
jeffedmonds42

Just another point of perspective.
7 years here. Minimal property boundary and building boundary physical security. Have dogs. Treat people respectfully and considerately. Don't go out much at night but wouldn't fear doing so wisely. Thankfully not a problem since we arrived.

Where we relocated from in the U.S. there was far more crime than we've even been aware of here. I think what freaks people out is that there is in all practicality no one to call for immediate response as there is in some other areas of the world. Plans for self reliance need to be in place should they be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.