Have You Seen This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NEVER Wanting To Waste An Opportunity To Make chip Look STUPID,

After all, he does such a great job all by himself!
He, ALWAYS blames the "Victims"!
god must be punishing them for being "Sinners"!
When a woman is raped coming out of a bar at 2am, wearing a halter top, and mini skirt, she "DESERVED IT"!!!!!!
That's how the "Bible Thumpers" see things.
Being the "Victim" of a crime doesn't mean "It's your fault, you weren't following the teachings of christ"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Bull$hit"!
I know of several posters on DR1 who have been the victims of random violence/crimes,even shot, here in the DR.
Don't know of ANY who fall into chip's, or others, definitions of, "Victim's Of Crimes", or who, "Deserved IT!
chips has the huge burden of having to run all his posts through his "Personal Agenda Filter" before posting here.
Just like "P-Man"!
I wonder if they even/ever realize what fools they make of themselves on a daily basis?
"Naaaaaaaaaaaah!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The DR is becoming more dangerous which I expect is no doubt due to the thousands of hardened criminals the US send to the DR every year. However, this is a worldwide epidemic due to real values being replaced by atheist one's.

Regarding whether people "deserve" to have something happen to them i'll leave that up to the resident philosophers. In my own case I was the victim of a crime and it is possible I made a bad decision that led to it. Whether is was "my fault" or not one thing is certain - I won't let that dictate my life and wallow in sorrow for the rest of my life as I have better things to do, like love my girls and the poor.

Aug 6, 2006
Dominican Watchdog

I believe it's run by a Danish guy who had some problems in Juan Dolio but definitely not Panamanian. However I do agree with the investment advice. ;)
=====================================================

I believe it's run by a Danish guy who had some problems in Juan Dolio but definitely not Panamanian. However I do agree with the investment advice.

It could be that investing in the DR is less wise than investing in Panama, and that the DR is still far from being the most dangerous country.

The website in question is rather poorly done and looks like propaganda written by someone with a grudge against the DR. I find it unconvincing and plan to visit anyway. I was not considering investing in either Panama or the DR. The closest I get to such things have been to invest in a Latin America mutual fund through T Rowe Price or Fidelity. I do not consider myself as great an expert on foreign investments as the pros.

Last year, I visited Vilcabamba, in Ecuador, a very pleasant mountain town at around 6000 ft with a great climate and an interesting assortment of mostly benevolent retired gringos who sit around a couple of restaurants and discuss their plans. They have free English classes for local kids and sponsor sports programs in the local school. Some have become residents and several have become citizens. To become a permanent resident, you need to invest, I think around $30K in bonds paying 8% per year. If the government lives up to the promises on these bonds, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Ecuador has great scenery and more diversity (climate, culture and ethnicity) than any country in Latin America. Comparing it to the DR, it is more prudish and not as lively. It competes with Poland and Ireland for the title of the most Catholic nation, I think.

The denunciations of President Correa I read in the Miami Herald and elsewhere are mostly nonsense. People speak freely about everything. The commercial TV that Correa has been badgering is awful to the point of being unwatchable: crappy programs with double the number of commercials you see in Univision and Televisa here, which is also terrible. Ecuadorean public TV is quite good, so far as I noticed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
chip, you didn't include you wife???
I call that a "Sin of Omission".
jesus christ, now it's the fault of the USA deporting Dominican criminals back to where they came from???
They were criminals BEFORE they left, and the numbers pale in comparison to all the "Home Grown" criminals.
That, "Dog Don't Hunt"!
Besides, sending Dominican criminals back to the Dr, is like,"Sending Coals To Newcastle"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And has the same effect!
"NONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Face up to it, crime is endemic in the DR.
"Atheists" are just like everyone else,no better, no worse.
Just because you choose to believe in a "god", doesn't make you any different, or better, than those who choose not to.
You say, "REAL" values??????????????????????????
What makes your "Values" any more "REAL" than other people "Values".
I thought there were just "Values"
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "There You Go AGAIN", being judgemental, and "Holier Than Thou"!
No One "Values" THAT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The DR is becoming more dangerous which I expect is no doubt due to the thousands of hardened criminals the US send to the DR every year. However, this is a worldwide epidemic due to real values being replaced by atheist one's.

Regarding whether people "deserve" to have something happen to them i'll leave that up to the resident philosophers. In my own case I was the victim of a crime and it is possible I made a bad decision that led to it. Whether is was "my fault" or not one thing is certain - I won't let that dictate my life and wallow in sorrow for the rest of my life as I have better things to do, like love my girls and the poor.

I am an atheist and would humbly suggest that my values are higher than some of the churchgoers in this country!

Realize that most home robberies are, "Inside Jobs"!
Maids, gardeners, handy men, TV, telephone repair/installers, guests,even "Family".
They can all check out your home, and send in the thieves.
Keep the number of "outsiders", OUTSIDE!
I don't go out, or travel after dark anymore!
Since I'm asleep by 8 pm, that's easy!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Harley" don't forget, we live in the DR, so it's important to us what happens HERE, no matter if, "People are murdered all over the world" or not!
I feel it's better to let everyone who lives here, visits here, or is thinking about coming here,
know about the security situation here.
"Fore Warned", is "Fore Armed"!
'Better SAFE, than SORRY"!
I could go on & on with the cliches.

Oh i know it's dangerous here that is why i have every security thing possible here at our house. I'm paranoid about security it could be from the Meth i did in my 20's! Bush/tree people, know of them?
I make sure to tell people the dangers, half my friends and fam are scared to come lol from what i report on FB ;-)

I was just curious of other countries stats.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Oh i know it's dangerous here that is why i have every security thing possible here at our house. I'm paranoid about security it could be from the Meth i did in my 20's! Bush/tree people, know of them?
I make sure to tell people the dangers, half my friends and fam are scared to come lol from what i report on FB ;-)

I was just curious of other countries stats.

This saves you some money ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
chip makes the "Jump" from atheist to abortionist just like "Superman",."In A Single Bound"!
Just like his "Valueless", "Values" judgement, wher is it written that "Atheist"= Pro Abortionist, any more that 'Christian" + Anti Abortionist???
ONLY in the small minds of the "Pro MISERABLE Life Crowd"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

Yes, every few months, the US send back home (the D.R.) lots of dominican criminals

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
chip, you didn't include you wife???
I call that a "Sin of Omission".

jesus christ, now it's the fault of the USA deporting Dominican criminals back to where they came from???
They were criminals BEFORE they left, and the numbers pale in comparison to all the "Home Grown" criminals.
That, "Dog Don't Hunt"!
Besides, sending Dominican criminals back to the Dr, is like,"Sending Coals To Newcastle"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And has the same effect!
"NONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Face up to it, crime is endemic in the DR.
"Atheists" are just like everyone else,no better, no worse.
Just because you choose to believe in a "god", doesn't make you any different, or better, than those who choose not to.
You say, "REAL" values??????????????????????????
What makes your "Values" any more "REAL" than other people "Values".
I thought there were just "Values"
To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "There You Go AGAIN", being judgemental, and "Holier Than Thou"!
No One "Values" THAT!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Maybe the Catholic organization forbids him to love his wife !!!!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If you don't value innocent life I would highly doubt it.

Sorry, but not being from your background, I don't understand this strange perversion of the English language. "Innocent life"? I can only say that I value "innocent" life more than "guilty" life.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Sorry, but not being from your background, I don't understand this strange perversion of the English language. "Innocent life"? I can only say that I value "innocent" life more than "guilty" life.

Shakespeare used the term "innocent life" so I can only assume you are not a native English speaker.

Nonetheless I believe you understand the term now so I would ask you value all innocent life and not just those deemed worthy to live by the frivolous politically correct crowd.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
I traveled to DR not long ago for the first time. I didn't feel unsafe.

Then again, I did exercise common sense. I didn't wear any jewelry, I didn't talk on the phone while walking the streets, I didn't walk alone at night or if I was outdoors at night, it was mostly in my rental car and within the Santo Domingo vicinity, I was very polite but very eloquent and confident when dealing with the locals. It helped plenty that my Spanish is very fluent.

Poverty is rampant, and with any country facing that prospect, one has to consider the consequences behind letting people know indirectly that you have money.

The mere fact that you are there, and you don't live there, says you have money. They know how much a plane ticket and hotel room cost!

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Chip, Don't know you at all except that your posts seem to be taken up with a lot of "I and Me".

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Shakespeare used the term "innocent life" so I can only assume you are not a native English speaker.

Nonetheless I believe you understand the term now so I would ask you value all innocent life and not just those deemed worthy to live by the frivolous politically correct crowd.

Your arguments become more and more bizarre. You don't have to know every word that Shakespeare wrote to be a native English speaker (although I did study Shakespeare at school). However, out of courtesy, I did look for Shakespeare quotes using "innocent life" on the web and only found the following, from King John:

"BIGOT
Out, dunghill! darest thou brave a nobleman?

HUBERT
Not for my life: but yet I dare defend
My innocent life against an emperor."

I don't see what this has to do with abortion or political correctness.

Status
Not open for further replies.