Have You Seen This

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
looks like another conspiracy to try and cover up the large number of tourists and investors murdered in he DR. Hogwash.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ZOOM, are you one of the MANY here that can't read, speak, write, or even UNDERSTAND, "Espanol"??????
If you even live here??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
It's only a dangerous country if you mess with underage girls, girls 40 years younger and drugs

thats bad information right there- so who is going to report anything if this is what you think of them

Aug 6, 2006
This site posts that 26 foreigners in 3 years have died in the DR, making it the most dangerous country on Earth. I would not relish being a dead tourist, but I hardly think that 26 out of millions of tourists would set any record at all.

In numerous places, it says "don't invest in the DR, invest in Panama", so perhaps it is run by unsubtle Panamanians. I find it unconvincing. There are some animated cartoons, though.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After living here for 18 years, reading the local papers, watching TV, and listening to the radio, I think that 26 is too low.
I think it's much higher.
Depending if you count Dominicans who are dual Dominican/American citizens, who "Come To visit", and get killed for their effort!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I would like to know stats of other countries and their killed tourists, but i guess that would be off topic. Damn I can't wait till i have 500 posts!
I'm sure the policia do not tell every tourist / expat murder!

I feel safe in my fortress but i never let my guard down at home or out.

Sometimes people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time?!

I am very happy to hear Matilda and jr are alive to tell their story! Must have been horrifying.

I try to stay out of "bad" places, tell everyone how broke we are, not go out at night as much as possible and be aware but you can use common sense all you want and it just doesn't work out sometimes :-(

People are murdered everywhere, Dr being the most dangerous Country I find very hard to believe!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Realize that most home robberies are, "Inside Jobs"!
Maids, gardeners, handy men, TV, telephone repair/installers, guests,even "Family".
They can all check out your home, and send in the thieves.
Keep the number of "outsiders", OUTSIDE!
I don't go out, or travel after dark anymore!
Since I'm asleep by 8 pm, that's easy!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Harley" don't forget, we live in the DR, so it's important to us what happens HERE, no matter if, "People are murdered all over the world" or not!
I feel it's better to let everyone who lives here, visits here, or is thinking about coming here,
know about the security situation here.
"Fore Warned", is "Fore Armed"!
'Better SAFE, than SORRY"!
I could go on & on with the cliches.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you look at Syria's rate, it puts the whole study in serious doubt!
I know it will make some people happy to point to rates higher than the DR's and make it seem that it's "Not-So-Bad" here,
but, HERE, is where I live with my family.
I give a "Rat's a$$" ABOUT THE MURDER RATE ANYWHERE ELSE!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If 26 tourists/foreigners were murdered in three years, out of, lets say 4 million per year, or 12,000,000, you have a .000002 percent chance of getting killed.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Make a statement like that, you have to be prepared to back it up if you want to be considered credible. On this or anything else.
Maybe you took it differently than I meant it, so I will clarify.

i personally know of very violent incidents, some with lethal weapons, directed at foreigners.

These incidents were not posted on DR1. When I expressed surprise that no one had done so, as warning/caution/information to their fellow DR1er's, I was told these incidents should/were to be handled within that respective community. I was told that these problems were not to be published here. So that is why I know the goal was to keep it off the radar, to deliberately not discuss here. I got the message, loud and clear, to keep what i knew to myself. And no perpetrator was caught or "handled".

I did NOT SAY NOR MEAN that anyone attempted to publish and was prevented from doing so by DR1. But sometimes things are not put on DR1 about dangerous situations.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Maybe you took it differently than I meant it, so I will clarify.

i personally know of very violent incidents, some with lethal weapons, directed at foreigners.

These incidents were not posted on DR1. When I expressed surprise that no one had done so, as warning/caution/information to their fellow DR1er's, I was told these incidents should/were to be handled within that respective community. I was told that these problems were not to be published here. So that is why I know the goal was to keep it off the radar, to deliberately not discuss here. I got the message, loud and clear, to keep what i knew to myself. And no perpetrator was caught or "handled".

I did not say that anyone attempted to publish and was prevented from doing so by DR1.

Told that by who? Hard to believe.. dr1 only hushes up cases regarding advertises that pay them monthly fees.. I don't think they care too much about random acts of violence.

Just for the record, as I've repeated many times on dr1, 99% of all robberies/assaults are commited by someone the victim knew. Maids, gardeners, repairmen, friends, family, wive's friends, wive's family, anyone that has access to what you have.. the reason violence occurs most times is so that the perp doesn't get id'd and ousted by the victim as a ladron/atracador. I honestly do my best to have as few people enter my home as possible, I have no maid (that's my wife's job), I do the gardening myself, if any repairmen from claro or wind come to my house I get a copy of their cedula.. I don't give a **** what they think.. prevention is your only line of defense. If you are ever robbed, your best bet is just to surrender and give up whatever the hell you have that they want.. I have never heard of an atraco where the victim gave up what the ladron wanted end in violence. On the other hand, nearly every time a victim tries to fight back they usually get ****ed up pretty bad.. People.. just give the morons what they want and be more careful next time.. learn your lesson and don't get ****ed up.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Told that by who? Hard to believe.. dr1 only hushes up cases regarding advertises that pay them monthly fees.. I don't think they care too much about random acts of violence.
1) Believe me or not; totally up to you. I do not lie and did not misunderstand.
2) Please re-read my post. I specifically said it was NOT DR1 doing any "hushing up".

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
1) Believe me or not; totally up to you. I do not lie and did not misunderstand.
2) Please re-read my post. I specifically said it was NOT DR1 doing any "hushing up".

Yea, I get it now, seems like some people were trying to protect property values by not letting the criminal acts that happen in their communities get out to the internet. Fortunately places like La Mulata have been all but blacklisted because a lot of the crime going on there is receiving local/national press, like the guy with the military style bunker who got into a shootout with the police.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

No, you did not say it was not DR1 doing any "hushing up".

What you said was that you knew of incidents that were "deliberately not put on DR1."

Now you say the decision not to put the report on DR1 was made by somebody else, not connected with DR1, or at least that is what I think you are now saying, Is that correct?

Assuming it is, then why didn't you post the information? What prevented you from doing so?

Given the number of reports of serious security incidents that are published and discussed on DR1, with no apparent effort by DR1 to hide the information and water it down, I would like to know who has ordered you not to say anything on DR1.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
DonP should of posted.

He has not posted in a while.......................................................

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
DonP should of posted.

He has not posted in a while.......................................................

I've been wondering about him myself. Certainly nobody told him not to post crime reports on DR1

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
This site posts that 26 foreigners in 3 years have died in the DR, making it the most dangerous country on Earth. I would not relish being a dead tourist, but I hardly think that 26 out of millions of tourists would set any record at all.

In numerous places, it says "don't invest in the DR, invest in Panama", so perhaps it is run by unsubtle Panamanians. I find it unconvincing. There are some animated cartoons, though.

I believe it's run by a Danish guy who had some problems in Juan Dolio but definitely not Panamanian. However I do agree with the investment advice. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.