Another great eating place

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Santiago Carnivore "finds":

BBQ Express - Av. Texas in Los Jardines...excellent US Angus Filet for $550 pesos - Taxes Included

Balvikiu - Corner of Calle Estado de Israel and Prof. Federico Izquierdo, across from the basketball court at Centro Leon Park. Dominican Parilla Restaurant...excellent babyback ribs for $200 pesos...more than decent Dominican Filet de res for under 300 pesos...Taxes Included!

Picanha - Calle del Sol...a few blocks down from Pez Dorado. Brazilian Rodizio - All you can eat meat for $695 pesos plus taxes...great atmosphere, good meat and relatively cheap drinks.

La Costilla de Adan (Adam's Rib) - Calle Onesimo Jimenez, between Juan Pablo Duarte and 27 de Febrero...great ribs, HUGE burgers...young, fairly trendy Santiaguero crowd

I don't understand why anyone would go to an Applebees, TGIFriday's type places...those are here for DOMINICANS who want to feel "Worldly"! Check www.eatthis.menshealth.com and look at some of the articles...you may never go again either...especially Cheesecake Factory and IHOP! I never go to them in the US, I certainly wouldn't go here.

As for Fast food...it is what it is...I'll admit...I go sometimes...same as in the States...and have you checked the prices in The States lately? Except for the value menu, the prices (with tax) are not much different...nowhere near double.

And if you really want a "good steak" in SD...forget Outback!! Go to Porterhouse, Davey Crockett, even Chef Pepper...plus about a dozen or so other places that serve great Angus Beef...

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
And Coach's has the best Fries in the country as well, even though there aint much competition they are awesome by U.S. standards.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Mdonalds,Burger King,wendys,taco bells,Nathan's,chilis,outback,hooters,papa Johns,Krispy Kream,Pizza Hut ,Dominos,sweet frog,KFC,Johnny Rockets,Hard Rock,
Have I missed any???

TGIF. carl's junior. cinnabon. quiznos.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Nobody" eats American "Fast Food", either in the USA, or Here!!!!!!!!
I DO!!!!
Not so much here, just because I won't pay double, or more than what I pay in Boston.
We eat "Pizza Hut" on "2fer" days only.
I guess it's just "PC" to state, "I NEVER Eat "Fast Food"!!!!
There is a lot of good Dominican dishes, depending on who cooks them, BUT, how many different ways can you serve Rice, Beans, & Meat???????????
Dominican food is loaded with Salt, Fat, Sugar, and refined "Carbs", just like "Fast Food" is.
Who cares??????
"Vegans" don't live longer, it just seems like it!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Where i come from only "american" brand is mcdonalds :) in belgium no burgerking,no KFC ,.....

We eat big bags of fries as fast food
4eta9yqu.jpg

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
My Favorite thing about the DR?! THEY HAVE SOME AMERICAN FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS!! Thank god!! I HATE the food here, can't stand it besides a few restaurants in Cab, Sosua and Santiago!

Dude you should learn to cook, but if you don't want to, I found a little place in GH across from la bomba Isla, called Masse, my wife likes their mero (sea bass) and I like their pork tenderloin (I haven't eaten anything else there yet). If you want pretty good seafood, go to Centro de Marisco on playa Ermita, between GH and Yagua......I also hate fast food, and found a few places to get a good decent inexpensive meal.

Now on another topic: WHERE IS THIS FUDRUCKERS

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
But I think fuddruckers is not open yet. I was just in G360 and it seems far from opening day

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
But I think ifuddruckers is not open yet. I was just in G360 and it seems far from opening day

fuddsticks :disappoin

I agree they are the best American chain going.

I used to get a burger in the Park Square Boston Fudd's and load it up with salsa, veggies and hot sauce.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I went with some friends (from the US) to Outback and I have to say it was one of the worst steaks I have had here. It was real fatty and just not good. Maybe others have had better experiences. I can say though it was crowded in there.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
My Favorite thing about the DR?! THEY HAVE SOME AMERICAN FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS!! Thank god!! I HATE the food here, can't stand it besides a few restaurants in Cab, Sosua and Santiago![/QUOTE.

Just left Applebee's, had lunch, 4 of us .Food was great and place was packed for lunch.With drinks,bill was a little over 4000 pesos.
Food was great
Bobttd

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
went there a few nights ago for burger and fries.He did not have oil for fries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
come on.......................
bob