the poorest dominicans don't eat

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
And not a single bomb was dropped on the DR.

The rest of the world knows not to mess with them.

[video=youtube;CpfBTm_wb2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpfBTm_wb2w[/video]

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
fun fact: in 1941 DR declared war on japan and germany.

Fun fact 2: Germany and Japan and everyone else didn't notice.
Not so fun fact: DR opened border to millions of Jewish refugees, and in classic DR style a fraction of a percent made it in. Of course the Trujillo motivation was something about whitening the population, another classic DR nonsensical mentality, no (good) morality behind it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Agreed that there is no likelihood of the DR invading some far away country, but that is due to inability not some moral issue. Incompetence reins supreme. As for weaponizing biologics, imagine how that would work out for a Dominican, it would be quite the comedy if not for the tragedy.

the weapons in american hands is already since long a world affecting tragedy.
why dominicans do not do the same bad stuff is not the first point,
the important point is that they do not do that syt.
DV,
yes, dominican, too, like every other country i know, do blame foreigners for the own incompetence/problems, the same as the first world countries do all around.
what DR does not have in the form as the 1st world countries, is the organized groups openly running racism on it's highest level. and hopefully they will never reach such point to be like those countries.

Mike

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
the weapons in american hands is already since long a world affecting tragedy.
why dominicans do not do the same bad stuff is not the first point,
the important point is that they do not do that syt.
DV,
yes, dominican, too, like every other country i know, do blame foreigners for the own incompetence/problems, the same as the first world countries do all around.
what DR does not have in the form as the 1st world countries, is the organized groups openly running racism on it's highest level. and hopefully they will never reach such point to be like those countries.

Mike

Yawn. Ramble on.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
is this about eating? or being poor.??? it is a shame but dom lov to eat....poor people eat maybe not at b.k. but eat they do...

Aug 6, 2006
God bless the invention of salami with 22% meat content.......

That salami is pretty awful, I agree. Cubans are fond of something called "jamonada" which is even worse.
Of course FRYING this stuff until it becomes a sort of leather fritters makes it worse.

There also seems to be some agreement that Victorina Tomato Sauce turns black, it is ready to eat. Fried ketchup would be better.

Aug 6, 2006
Fried is one thing. Overfried is another. I would not try it raw, either, but chopped up in bits with scrambled eggs would be better.
The less is added to pork products at the factory, the better, in my opinion.

The worst pork products are those where white gobs of fat are scattered throughout. This is the stuff that the butcher chops off and throws away at the meat counter. It seems to be a subtle blend of lard and gristle.
It has a suitable function, however: if you add it to anything, it becomes appetizing to canines. When property blended, it is a way to get your rottweiler to eat his broccoli, or to take his deworming pills.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i think this salami is only edible when fried. i would not try it raw.

it is not edible under any circumstances. if you saw some of the crap that goes into local salami, you would not even walk near the sausage aisle of a supermarket.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
never did really take to salami to me it was a strange food slamed together of other products....spam meat products thrown against a wall???

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
never did really take to salami to me it was a strange food slamed together of other products....spam meat products thrown against a wall???

Bloody Mary's, Mimosas, or Barcelo right out of the bottle @ 10am?

Aug 6, 2006
Spam is a subtle delicacy when compared with typical Dominican salami.

Bacon-flavored Spam can make an acceptable BLT if you slice it and cook it carefully. It does lack the crunch of bacon, though.

I imagine Spam would be more popular if it did not cost more than salami. In American Samoa, a case of Spam is a common wedding gift.

Spam is now available blended with Portuguese sausage in Hawaii and Samoa.

Spam is probably rightfully blamed for the "morbidly obese" look among Samoans. A thin Samoan is hard to find.

The main difference between Spam and Dominican salami is that Spam can actually reward your taste buds while clotting your arteries.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Who will last longer without so many doctors visits, a Gringo or a Dominican?

Just wondering!

JJ

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
it is not edible under any circumstances. if you saw some of the crap that goes into local salami, you would not even walk near the sausage aisle of a supermarket.

Agreed. Any way you slice it or fry it, DR salami is ICKY, and I'm not eating it. I'd eat Mondongo before eating DR salami. I get made fun of too when we're at my wife's house in POP because salami with pan is what's for breakfast, and I just drink my coffee. Funny that even though my wife loves Genoa and Italian hard salami that we buy, she prefers and will purchase the Dominican stuff whenever it is available. To me it's chicken and turkey guts.