prostitution affects tourism in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
TP, I am going to politely suggest that you re-read Malko's post that you responded to.
It in no way, shape or form states what you have suggested it does.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Both Correct

malko said:
Well, sadly, no, its not that simple. Or at least its bloody too late.
The dr ?? Bannanas ? Avocados ? Satellites ? Well, no. Sadly, its whores.
Lots of reasons for that. No need to look into them. Its a done deal.

Yeah great idea, its great, the girls have 0 prospect of a normal job, so they dirt cheap !!!! "

One thing is sure, it has to be a long term dr gvt project if they want the dr to have a better reputation.

This from the man who cannot spell the word "Bananas". Wow, what a nasty horrible view you have of Dominicans. I know so many nice educated Dominicans who are also clever. I just think anyone who sees Dominican women as a bunch of lazy stupid people who can do nothing apart from open their legs should a) learn to speak Spanish b) leave the gated community c) leave Sosua and d) get to know the people who live in this great country.

Actually both of you are correct just depends on which Dominican Republic you are talking about. The north coasters and the big city boys live in two different countries both named la rep dom.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
This from the man who cannot spell the word "Bananas". Wow, what a nasty horrible view you have of Dominicans. I know so many nice educated Dominicans who are also clever. I just think anyone who sees Dominican women as a bunch of lazy stupid people who can do nothing apart from open their legs should a) learn to speak Spanish b) leave the gated community c) leave Sosua and d) get to know the people who live in this great country.

a) check.
b) check. Never have never will.
c) check. Never have never will. God forbidd.
d) check.

I dont have a nasty view of Dominicans. Well no more no less then of the rest of humanity.
Doesnt change the fact that most people associate sosua with p2p...... and cheap p2p.
It also happens that I think that the dr gvt is right in trying to undo/change sosua's reputation.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For those who have been here longer than me, and watched the same girls out there for years, notice as I do, several of the 'ladues' aging badly.
Do you think they realize their lifestyle is not a long term career and that late nights everyday in bars turns a pert figure and cute face way old before its time?
It's sad to see them locked into this lifestyle.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Many posters are clueless when it comes to Dominicans, culture and how the DR actually functions. Most expats in the DR cannot name 1 or 2 Dominican friends they socialize with beyond the maid or gardener. They don't see who works in the banks, stores, run businesses etc. Most only interact with the poor, and have no clue about the middle class and up, you are wasting your time trying to educate some posters.

Sosua ebbs and flows, it will take a serious event directly effecting middle to upperclass Dominicans before it changes or the powers that be get serious about change.

I can immediately spot those people when they ask how I would possibly know how "all" Dominicans feel about Sosua.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
No idea, maybe it was the result of the recent meeting that the authorities had for cleaning up Sosua's image and bring in the family tourism to town (like 3am to 2am, or 1am to 12am makes any difference, who cares ...).

By the way, every single one of those on that meeting in that room (there was a photo of them too) are personally responsible for this little town not going anywhere the last 8 years or so - I wish somebody someday hold them accountable for their decisions... (I don't care either way, make it the biggest puta town the world has ever seen or the greatest family destination it could be - but so many years in the limbo, not here or there, and going backward instead !).

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
No idea, maybe it was the result of the recent meeting that the authorities had for cleaning up Sosua's image and bring in the family tourism to town (like 3am to 2am, or 1am to 12am makes any difference, who cares ...).

By the way, every single one of those on that meeting in that room (there was a photo of them too) are personally responsible for this little town not going anywhere the last 8 years or so - I wish somebody someday hold them accountable for their decisions... (I don't care either way, make it the biggest puta town the world has ever seen or the greatest family destination it could be - but so many years in the limbo, not here or there, and going backward instead !).

more changes coming .. you can count Sosua pretty much clear of street trade next few yrs...big push coming ... that’s the deal for more money to flow in.. demographics will change..

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5313&article=1

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It will be one of the few places in the DR without the trade. Kind of like an enclave.

Of course there will always be skeptics that anything will change or even that the DR people and government want such a change.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Of course there will always be skeptics that anything will change or even that the DR people and government want such a change.

I am a skeptic that a government can successfully stop people from engaging in a legal activity.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
....just saw some police that are new to me...Federal Police...all black uniform, face masks,full auto M1 carbines(usa military issue)...2 of these guys on a motorcycle, chase down and arrest 2 bad guys on other motorcycle...very impressive chase and capture ending with both bad guys having said rifles put to their heads , and being told to put up their hands up or be shot.....send some of these guys to Sosua, if you want laws enforced...they were ready to pull the trigger..........Doc..............

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
....just saw some police that are new to me...Federal Police...all black uniform, face masks,full auto M1 carbines(usa military issue)...2 of these guys on a motorcycle, chase down and arrest 2 bad guys on other motorcycle...very impressive chase and capture ending with both bad guys having said rifles put to their heads , and being told to put up their hands up or be shot.....send some of these guys to Sosua, if you want laws enforced...they were ready to pull the trigger..........Doc..............

Just thinking about a typical PN with a gun that can kill at 2 miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.