Juan Dolio - South Beach of the Caribbean !!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What sewer????

i thought most of juan dolio and guacannes were hooked up to public water and sewer i think those septic tanks are the exception and not the rule the residents of costa del sol are making a payment for the public water and system hook up this will be the future trend
Mikey007....there is NO sewer in Juan Dolio! Yes a few years back they did dig up the street (which was newly paved after about 20 years) to lay sewer pipe. Problem was the pipes were laid at different levels, not hooked up to each other and there is NO sewage treatment plant to hook them up to even if they were hooked up to each other.
Now supposedly they are going to put in new sewer pipes and build a treatment plant - I sure hope so 'cause with another 600 apts on tap for this year and next it's going to overload the ground again and it will really drive people away with the smell.

Also....don't you just hate trying to make sense of machine generated translations??

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Just read the most important parts of the machine generated translations

National and foreign companies will construct this year around 600 apartments in Juan Dolio, with an investment that surpasses the US$500 million...Juan Dolio is outlined like one of the most important poles of the country...A factor that favors the zone is its proximity to the city, the beauty of its beaches and the facility to recover the investment, specially in real estate properties...As far as the real estate development, only the project of apartments Costa Del Sol, that is developed in Juan Dolio by Group Metro sold US$100 million, which reported to the government US$5.0 million by concept of taxes...In next March they will inaugurate a Polo field and will be constructed other two golf courses ( so Juan Dolio will have 4 golf courses ! :surprised ) ...A lot of people have preferred to invest in a zone of Juan Dolio because in just a short time it recovers the investment ...and the investment that has made the authorities in the regeneration of the beach has increased the value of the properties ( a lot !!! )...:surprised

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Construction of the residual treatment plant in Juan Dolio

The Secretariat of Tourism, through Committee Infrastructure Executor of Zonas Tur?sticas (CEIZTUR) and the Association of Hotels for the Development of Juan Dolio and Guayacanes, signed yesterday an agreement of work with the purpose of constructing a plant of residual water treatment for tourist zone of Juan Dolio. The agreement, sealed by the secretary of Tourism, lawyer Felix Jim?nez and the president of the Association of Hotels for the Development Juan Dolio-Guayacanes, engineer Luis Jose Asilis, establishes that both parts are committed to pay for in equal parts the construction and putting in operation of the mentioned plant. ( Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital )

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Does that mean......sewage treatment????
Am I reading 'residual' correctly or am I still dreaming????

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Residual - Sewage

Sewage treatment, domestic wastewater treatment - the process of removing contaminants from sewage. It will include physical, chemical and biological processes to remove physical, chemical and biological contaminants. Its objective is to produce a waste stream (or treated effluent) and a solid waste or sludge also suitable for discharge or reuse back into the environment... more or less ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I still think I'll just keep on believing I'm dreaming until I actually see it with mine own eyes!!!!!
After all this is only the third time in 17 yrs we've heard this tune!!!
So forgive me if I wait until it's 'fait d'accomplis' before I jump for joy......(although with Asilis behind it I'm sure it will get done this time ;) )

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I think its for real

I still think I'll just keep on believing I'm dreaming until I actually see it with mine own eyes!!!!!
After all this is only the third time in 17 yrs we've heard this tune!!!
So forgive me if I wait until it's 'fait d'accomplis' before I jump for joy......(although with Asilis behind it I'm sure it will get done this time ;) )

There using the money from the new airport fee, much as they did with the beach regeneration.

Reactions: mike l

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
this place is really taking off i counted 50 persons working in costa del sol 2 and looks like they started on marbella restaurant in the sea they would never do this in ny mi parISO

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'll be 90 by the time they finish this new South Beach. i'll be paying some nice chica to wash my dentures...:laugh:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i am 40 something..so i'm just joking about it will be 50 years until Juan Dolio renovation is finished...

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
i am 40 something..so i'm just joking about it will be 50 years until Juan Dolio renovation is finished...

... in 5 , 10 , 25 or 50 years ... you will see the changes every year ... Costa Del Sol site just 3 years ago............................................................................................................ , , and now ... , ,