When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
Best bet to keep infections down is to keep americans out of the country....for the next 5-10 years!
Well I just returned to US for work 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to getting back home to the DR. From what I know of living there, it seems the DR has more of a problem because of lack or respect for law and social distancing. Everyone makes a choice. Up here in US people have been extremely careful and protective of each other

El Calvito

May 9, 2020
Singapour
Well I just returned to US for work 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to getting back home to the DR. From what I know of living there, it seems the DR has more of a problem because of lack or respect for law and social distancing. Everyone makes a choice. Up here in US people have been extremely careful and protective of each other
BS

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think that is a pretty broad generalization. There are plenty of people in almost every country not following social distancing ....etc. The difference is many Dominicans don't have the education to even understand what a virus is, and how it spreads. Most Dominicans I know and associate with are very careful at keeping their distance, wearing masks, washing hands....etc.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
O/C I would assume that you are not in the DR presently. If covid19 never had entered into our lives, would you have gone back to the DR? I ask this because I detect from your posts (government, corruption, privilege, etc), with or without covid19 , you have no desire to be in the country. Am I right?

The majority of the posters within this forum calumniating the RD regarding it's handling of the Kung Flu, and the measures to be taken moving forward are currently parked some place abroad.
Some left for health purposes.
Some left for family obligations.
Others paid attention to the Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlotte's, and just ran scared.

Reactions: Grullon and aarhus

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

This sort of contradicts the videos we currently see emanating out of New York City recently.

Reactions: El Calvito

El Calvito

May 9, 2020
Singapour
I think that is a pretty broad generalization. There are plenty of people in almost every country not following social distancing ....etc. The difference is many Dominicans don't have the education to even understand what a virus is, and how it spreads. Most Dominicans I know and associate with are very careful at keeping their distance, wearing masks, washing hands....etc.
The real problem for the western hemisphere is the USA...keep them out...problem solved!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The majority of the posters within this forum calumniating the RD regarding it's handling of the Kung Flu, and the measures to be taken moving forward are currently parked some place abroad.
Some left for health purposes.
Some left for family obligations.
Others paid attention to the Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlotte's, and just ran scared.
Well, twice as many Dominicans have died of covid in NYC as have died in the DR.

• Sad
Reactions: El Calvito

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
Oh yeah definitely there are good groups that cooperate with what’s happening. I’ve been there for the whole quarantine just till 2 weeks ago. But there’s also a good size group that doesn’t respect the law. Same ones who don’t respect the laws of the road either🤣. I understand the reasoning they use. They see lots of corruption and double standards from the government and police. So to them why listen to anything? But where I live most have been good about following the quarantine. Now that my work is completed I would just rather be stuck back there

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well, twice as many Dominicans have died of covid in NYC as have died in the DR.

Do we have a confirmed statistic of how many Dominicans have perished in New York. Specifically, Dominicans.
I have not seen this number to date, other than "famous persons". Furthermore, the deaths that have occurred could be attributed to the abysmal New York State/City public medical system, and it's related politics, not solely due to the Kung Flu attack.
It was right up until our State of Emergency that daily flights were entering almost hourly from New York. Why no mass carnage here? Keep in mind that I am somebody who has been on the record regarding the shortcomings of the RD medical system as well.

Sep 22, 2009
Do we have a confirmed statistic of how many Dominicans have perished in New York. Specifically, Dominicans.
I have not seen this number to date, other than "famous persons". Furthermore, the deaths that have occurred could be attributed to the abysmal New York State/City public medical system, and it's related politics, not solely due to the Kung Flu attack.
It was right up until our State of Emergency that daily flights were entering almost hourly from New York. Why no mass carnage here? Keep in mind that I am somebody who has been on the record regarding the shortcomings of the RD medical system as well.
Bob just got the word from his boys on 179 and Jerome

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I read somewhere at the height of the crisis that there were more than 500 Dominicans who had perished in NYC alone (nothing official, can't remember the source, but I think it was in Spanish). Again, I have never seen data pertaining to Nationalities here, only the % of deaths for Latinos.
Having said that, If the number in DR right now is 388 deaths, it is a fair guesstimate based on that 500 number if that is true.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm sure you all know the pop. of Dominican in NYC (As in near or in Washington Heights ...Not 165 miles north) is about 800,000. I would believe that is a low number since many that live here are challenged on filling out the census papers. But when you are talking "numbers", 375, or 500, keep the 800K in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.