When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
A
I am hoping the DR accommodates the tourism from the US as its where it will come from first https://dominicantoday.com/dr/touri...me-flights-to-the-dominican-republic-in-june/
I’m hoping Canada won’t be far behind. If going to the DR in July or August means I have to isolate for another two weeks on my return to Canada. I’ll gladly do it. Airports and flying down and back and rental cars are not issues for me. I have specialized PPE to wear and I’m well trained in decon procedures. I’ll head to the campo with my rental car directly from the airport, decon my apartment, continue to practise the recommended preventative measures and take my chances there for a month or two. Enough is enough! I miss my friends and the heat and just want to get on with my life. I’m probably going to die in the saddle anyway so f**k the virus.

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
Brick washer. What part of the US have you been in. People are rioting at their state capitals & even taking guns. I haven't seen that here so far.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Brick washer. What part of the US have you been in. People are rioting at their state capitals & even taking guns. I haven't seen that here so far.

“Rioting”? Where? When? I haven’t seen any of that reported on any news site.

What some people are doing is exercising their constitutional rights to free speech and freedom of assembly by conducting peaceful protests. And yes, some of them are openly carrying firearms. But that is only because in some states, that is allowed. (the visuals are terrible though).

I may not agree with the protesters, but I respect their right to protest. Dissent does not equal disloyalty.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016

What some people are doing is exercising their constitutional rights to free speech and freedom of assembly by conducting peaceful protests. And yes, some of them are openly carrying firearms. But that is only because in some states, that is allowed. (the visuals are terrible though).

I may not agree with the protesters, but I respect their right to protest. Dissent does not equal disloyalty.
Nothing like a gun toting peaceful protester.

Goldenruler

Jan 4, 2018
Yes, MI had lots of problems, &were encouraged greatly by trump.
On another note, can someone please tell me how to copy a quote & paste in my reply. Thank you

brickwasher

May 11, 2020
Juan Dolio
New Hampshire not far from the Mass state line. I read some of the protesting online. They had some of that in DR but the police have been pretty brutal at times

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Some of our fair members are quick to use the term "riot". Woe be to them, if they ever do get caught in the midst of a real legitimate one.
No, student demonstrations over tuition increases do not count.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
New Hampshire not far from the Mass state line. I read some of the protesting online. They had some of that in DR but the police have been pretty brutal at times

Protests are not riots.
Could you please provide the link of an article or video displaying where in RD we have had such instances where the brutal government police have quelled these rebellious uprisings you claim to exist here.

Reactions: cavok

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Exactly!! There is great fear of leaving the coronavirus free environment of one's home to travel to the Great Unknown. Traveling to the DR might as well be a 15th century adventure to the unexplored.

The DR may not be the 3rd world of the 3rd world but it sure is darn close. Colombia which is also 3rd world makes the DR look like Haiti by comparison. Huge risk factor during a coronavirus pandemic.

Why those privileged to be born or reside in the 1st world would even consider going to the DR is beyond reasonable.

All you pirates not withstanding.

The DR isn’t a 3rd world country. It also has the fastest growing economy in the entire Caribbean and Latin America for over the past decade; this includes Mexico and Brazil...

For people from first world countries, you sure don’t read, research, or educate yourselves much. Assumptions and feelings. Logic out the door. Smh. Lmao.

Reactions: cavok and Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The DR isn’t a 3rd world country. It also has the fastest growing economy in the entire Caribbean and Latin America for over the past decade; this includes Mexico and Brazil...

For people from first world countries, you sure don’t read, research, or educate yourselves much. Assumptions and feelings. Logic out the door. Smh. Lmao.

Many of them truly believe the epicenter of the RD economy is Sosua. Take from that what you will.

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Many of them truly believe the epicenter of the RD economy is Sosua. Take from that what you will.

Ya tú sabes! I’ve never stepped foot near Sosua other than Sea Horse Ranch, but I’ve seen many videos... A few minutes in Los Cacicazgos would change their mentalities in a swift second as the Lamborghinis, Range Rovers, Royles Royces, and Porsches zip by every 15 seconds.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019

Of course DR is a Third World banana republic. But exactly for this we love it even more!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Ya tú sabes! I’ve never stepped foot near Sosua other than Sea Horse Ranch, but I’ve seen many videos... A few minutes in Los Cacicazgos would change their mentalities in a swift second as the Lamborghinis, Range Rovers, Royles Royces, and Porsches zip by every 15 seconds.
Oh wow, I didnt notice, too busy jumping out of the way of motos I guess

Reactions: PCMike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm sure you all know the pop. of Dominican in NYC (As in near or in Washington Heights ...Not 165 miles north) is about 800,000. I would believe that is a low number since many that live here are challenged on filling out the census papers. But when you are talking "numbers", 375, or 500, keep the 800K in mind.
800K is probably low also because of the large number of illegal Dominicans there. True that they don't fill out census forms often.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here is a new flight that might actually have a chance of flying. Flights from Zurich to POP in November.

Santo Domingo.- The Tourism Ministry on Tuesday announced a direct flight between Puerto Plata and the Swiss city of Zurich.

The Swiss airline Edelweiss will start flights as of November 3, increasing to four the weekly connections from that location to the Dominican Republic.

The new flight will be every Tuesday in an A340, which has 314 seats: 27 of which are Business Class, 76 Economy Max and 211 Economy.

Jan 3, 2003
O/C I would assume that you are not in the DR presently. If covid19 never had entered into our lives, would you have gone back to the DR? I ask this because I detect from your posts (government, corruption, privilege, etc), with or without covid19 , you have no desire to be in the country. Am I right?
No interest. Haven't been there in over three years. My ties are money, lands, property and inheritance. That's what still links me to that moral and criminal cesspool of a nation.

If someone could rise up, establish order and discipline I'd change my feelings towards the nation of my jus sanguinis rights. At present, our desires are quite hopeless.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
No interest. Haven't been there in over three years. My ties are money, lands, property and inheritance. That's what still links me to that moral and criminal cesspool of a nation.

If someone could rise up, establish order and discipline I'd change my feelings towards the nation of my jus sanguinis rights. At present, our desires are quite hopeless.

So RD is actually not YOUR birth nation?

• Haha
Reactions: El Calvito
Status
Not open for further replies.