When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I think the DR will be doing everything they can to be able to receive visitors as quickly as possible. July has been mentioned or maybe it will be August.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I think the DR will be doing everything they can to be able to receive visitors as quickly as possible. July has been mentioned or maybe it will be August.
Businesses/ money makers get it.
Thieves/ Government officials don't
have a clue.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
They don't appear to be too worried in Ocean City, MD. It was the same in many other places over the weekend:

agreed.
my understanding, chattig with friends and sweeping to the press(not much more to do here since almost 3 months, lol),
is that people there would be much more scared about any kind of restrictions to their freedom.
a virus spreading and maybe some neighbours dying, seems not to be much of a concern.
the ones, who still have the money to do so, will travel again once their government allows it and once the seeked for destinations reopen their borders.
but i would await that many will not be able to afford it for a longer while, so no masses awaited to flood our DR airports the next couple years.
as far as Europeans go,
Central Europe is almost back to normal, many had not be much far from normal for any lengthy time frame anyways.
i am under the impression that Western Europe/European Union will focus on restrengthening their own local/European Union Tourism.
there will still be travel warnings/restrictions (like non valid insurances etc) for travels to destinations outside of the EU,
so people will take a season/year or so and spend their vacations more on EU soil than they would have done without the pandemic.
the governments of those countries will steer the directions, where they want their people to spend their money(freedon, yep, lol).
i just hope tha none of those countries gets any re-appearance of a covid breeding, becasue that wold put us down here out of the game for a very long time.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
agreed.
my understanding, chattig with friends and sweeping to the press(not much more to do here since almost 3 months, lol),
is that people there would be much more scared about any kind of restrictions to their freedom.
a virus spreading and maybe some neighbours dying, seems not to be much of a concern.
the ones, who still have the money to do so, will travel again once their government allows it and once the seeked for destinations reopen their borders.
but i would await that many will not be able to afford it for a longer while, so no masses awaited to flood our DR airports the next couple years.
as far as Europeans go,
Central Europe is almost back to normal, many had not be much far from normal for any lengthy time frame anyways.
i am under the impression that Western Europe/European Union will focus on restrengthening their own local/European Union Tourism.
there will still be travel warnings/restrictions (like non valid insurances etc) for travels to destinations outside of the EU,
so people will take a season/year or so and spend their vacations more on EU soil than they would have done without the pandemic.
the governments of those countries will steer the directions, where they want their people to spend their money(freedon, yep, lol).
i just hope tha none of those countries gets any re-appearance of a covid breeding, becasue that wold put us down here out of the game for a very long time.

Mike, Does the government control private insurance in Europe? I'm not sure that would be enforceable in the USA.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike, Does the government control private insurance in Europe? I'm not sure that would be enforceable in the USA.
no, it is not about governments controlling insurers.example:
government announces for a specific region/country a travel warning due teh Virus/a desease.
now read a insurance fine print and tell me they state that they still cover you for anything, including the desease which been the reason for a travel warning to that region/country.
the governments steer these things by their respective different levels of travel warnings,
of course also a mandatory quarantine could be added for travelers returning from certain countries back home,
and Bang you have easily stered the newr future travel behavior of your people in the directions you wanted it to be.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
PUJ can plan on whatever date they want. The airlines can schedule flights for whatever date they want. Nothing is going to happen until the government says so and, right now, that date is July 5th.

Regardless of the date stated, does any sane/rational person really believe that the government is going to open up it's borders and airports on Sunday 5 July......which just happens to be the rescheduled national election day?
All national resources will be used for polling places and results on that day, as usual. With changes in office set to take place across the board nationally, authorities here have 0 interest if an international traveler is hoping to visit his girlfriend, make a new one, catch a tan, or put their condo on the market.
Even if all were to go 100% well in the time prior, Monday 6 July would be the better spot to lay your markers on. Just sayin'.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
no, it is not about governments controlling insurers.example:
government announces for a specific region/country a travel warning due teh Virus/a desease.
now read a insurance fine print and tell me they state that they still cover you for anything, including the desease which been the reason for a travel warning to that region/country.
the governments steer these things by their respective different levels of travel warnings,
of course also a mandatory quarantine could be added for travelers returning from certain countries back home,
and Bang you have easily stered the newr future travel behavior of your people in the directions you wanted it to be.

Thanks, Mike. That clarifies things. I bet the USA is the same.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
July 5th would anyways be the ëarliest" date,
and also IF all prior deescalateing phase went perfectly well.
so i guess it is safe to set Jly5th/election day as such date,
because i am pretty sure that we will see reshedulings of dates during those next weeks.
as far as political twists go,
in my personal opinion,
the actual government will finally set the date and reopen borders for shortly(within 2 weeks) after the elections.so on August 16th, when the new Presi and friends do/finish their mudanza into the Presi Palais, people are in a Happy Mode with the Old/former government, their bye bye present to themself.
IF this all come's out to run good and fine, they can claim that they(old presi) Did it all right, big power to him for any future ambitions.
IF it goes wrong, which would start no earlier than some weeks later then,
then they(old Presi&Friends) would blame the new government to not have continued with necessary changes they(old Presi) would have dne/had planned) for that time frame and again they come out in a positive light, pressure on the Nuevo Inclininos del Palacio all around, doesn't matter it goes good or bad.
whom ever it will be,
that New Crew moving in on Augst 16th,
better have some very nice things/sweeties for the average DR Public Joe to offer.
I hope it will not be our public Beaches to stay closed til after the 16th, for such matter.

Reactions: cavok

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
July 5th would anyways be the ëarliest" date,
and also IF all prior deescalateing phase went perfectly well.
so i guess it is safe to set Jly5th/election day as such date,
because i am pretty sure that we will see reshedulings of dates during those next weeks.
as far as political twists go,
in my personal opinion,
the actual government will finally set the date and reopen borders for shortly(within 2 weeks) after the elections.so on August 16th, when the new Presi and friends do/finish their mudanza into the Presi Palais, people are in a Happy Mode with the Old/former government, their bye bye present to themself.
IF this all come's out to run good and fine, they can claim that they(old presi) Did it all right, big power to him for any future ambitions.
IF it goes wrong, which would start no earlier than some weeks later then,
then they(old Presi&Friends) would blame the new government to not have continued with necessary changes they(old Presi) would have dne/had planned) for that time frame and again they come out in a positive light, pressure on the Nuevo Inclininos del Palacio all around, doesn't matter it goes good or bad.
whom ever it will be,
that New Crew moving in on Augst 16th,
better have some very nice things/sweeties for the average DR Public Joe to offer.
I hope it will not be our public Beaches to stay closed til after the 16th, for such matter.

#1....it's a Sunday
#2....it's the National Elections
#3....with all hands keeping security for polling places/election results....who provides security for the airports?
#4....Election Day here is almost a national holiday....who will be working at these airports?

I understand what the "tentative" schedules say, but remember the "estimates" with the utility companies. You and I need not worry, but for those hoping to fly in at 6am 5 July....they may be in for a surprise.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
July 1st,
that is the date the PC Airport shows on their nnounecment that they will be ready for reopening.
this has, of cousre, Nothing to do with any border opening.
the opening of our borders will happen When the DR Government says so.
no hotel, no airline, no airport will make such decision.
and anyways,
reading the PC Airport announcement about July 1st correctly,
they do NOT state anything about border openeings,
they only state when they will be ready for all kind of travel to pass through their airport.
the by this moment Oficially aimed for date to reopen the borders, is July 5th, election day.
BUT,
depending on a successful run of all prior 3 phases of the deescalation process.
teh official aimed for reopening date for the DR Borders is July 5th 2020.

This is correct.
However we would be remiss in ignoring the big stick that the Grupo Punta Cana (aka Frank Raineri) carries into any discussion about reopening borders/business in the Dominican Republic.
It is quite possible that the official Grupo Punta Cana statement is an attempt to use their leverage in influencing the decisions to be made by the government.
I think we can all agree that their leverage is considerable.
Actually It wouldn't surprise me one little bit to learn that Mr. Raineri is sitting at the table when such decisions are being made and any statements by GPC are being made in conjunction with the government.
When it come right down to it....what difference is there really between July 1 and July 5.
Semantics.
At the end of the day the only real decision maker in this whole sordid debacle is the VIRUS.
Any and all decisions made by mere mortals can and will be subject to change.

Sep 22, 2009
This is correct.
However we would be remiss in ignoring the big stick that the Grupo Punta Cana (aka Frank Raineri) carries into any discussion about reopening borders/business in the Dominican Republic.
It is quite possible that the official Grupo Punta Cana statement is an attempt to use their leverage in influencing the decisions to be made by the government.
Actually It wouldn't surprise me one little bit to learn that Mr. Raineri is sitting at the table when such decisions are being made and any statements by GPC are being made in conjunction with the government.
When it come right down to it....what difference is there really between July 1 and July 5.
Semantics.
At the end of the day the only real decision maker in this whole sordid debacle is the VIRUS.
I feel like this is more than 140 characters

• Sad
Reactions: drstock

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
#1....it's a Sunday
#2....it's the National Elections
#3....with all hands keeping security for polling places/election results....who provides security for the airports?
#4....Election Day here is almost a national holiday....who will be working at these airports?

I understand what the "tentative" schedules say, but remember the "estimates" with the utility companies. You and I need not worry, but for those hoping to fly in at 6am 5 July....they may be in for a surprise.
exactly.
and they better do not like "oooh, what a surprise, i am soooo disapointed now ..", lol.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
This is correct.
Semantics.
Grupo Punta Cana did NOT state any borderopenings on their announcements, not that i would have read.
they just announced that they will be ready for full operations under any possible/needed security/safety measures starting July 1st.
their announcement did not suggerate any border opening date.
thats what "people" interpret into such announcement, but Grupo Punta Cana did not tell such thing.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
some may remember, that not long ago, I mentioned that there will be changes done to the reopening plans
according to Mothers Day, because no DR Government will fock around with the real Boss's for DR political opinions and Boss's of their voters households.
here we go:

Status
Not open for further replies.