Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
As stated above, any loss is one too many. I am not a man without compassion.
My issue regarding the statistics is that I would like to know how many are dying due to Covid-19. It seems we will never know.
Yes, I have seen the daily tallies for the last several months. How can we not? The numbers are indeed scary. But the question still remains are they based on fact or simply hypothesis?
1. A 103 year old person passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
2. A lifelong, overweight cigarette smoker suffers a myocardial infarction, passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
3. A diabetic suffers a seizure, goes into shock, passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
4. A person with Stage 4 cancer passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
Unfortunately, the list can go on and on. I am not attempting to be humorous, life and death is as serious as it gets, but this is life.
These events happen each and every day, with or without Covid-19.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
As stated above, any loss is one too many. I am not a man without compassion.
My issue regarding the statistics is that I would like to know how many are dying due to Covid-19. It seems we will never know.
Yes, I have seen the daily tallies for the last several months. How can we not? The numbers are indeed scary. But the question still remains are they based on fact or simply hypothesis?
1. A 103 year old person passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
2. A lifelong, overweight cigarette smoker suffers a myocardial infarction, passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
3. A diabetic suffers a seizure, goes into shock, passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
4. A person with Stage 4 cancer passes, and tests positive for Covid-19.
Unfortunately, the list can go on and on. I am not attempting to be humorous, life and death is as serious as it gets, but this is life.
These events happen each and every day, with or without Covid-19.
We've flatten the curve folks,
now its time to flatten the fear.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
And then there are the people dying and no one knows why. We spoke to a DR neighbor yesterday. She said the man whose finca backs up to ours got sick and died rather quickly. That someone from the city/government came in and took his body away. No one knows where, if he was tested, if he was positive, etc. Everyone paranoid.

I also know of people who passed away mysteriously--- as in no reason given---- and the corpses are whisked away pretty damn fast, especially for the dr : no bela (?), no open casket as would normally be the case.

It is hard to compare to " normal" times, as more often than not dead is dead here.

Last bela i attended, i snuck away for a smoke and ended up having a drink with the son of the deceased ( extended family ), and when i asked the cause of death, he said her heart stopped......

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
only folks that now the really whats going on is the folks who post in DR1 ..... smh DR! is load with medical folks so glad I'm here..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i dont see it that way.
from the DR to many different destinations, since 2 months, specially at the beginning,
many many many ferry flights been available.
who wanted to return to his/her home country, could have done so.
who waited too long, should not blame any government(not here nor there) nor blame any Virus.
and anyways, what is "trapped"in such situatiom?
I live here since over a quarter century,
kids all born here,
aside of my usual 7 weeks summer break visits to germany with my daughter, i never had the intention to move back and LIVE again in germany/my birth country, as i decided a very long time ago that i want to spend my life and raise kids here, in DR.
we could have bought a ticket on many ferry flights, we both hold a german passport and have a home direction/house there.
but such never occured to me and never will, as my self choosen home country been selected a very long time ago.

the DR Borders never been closed for Residents who wnated to go back home to their country of which they have theor passport from.
none of those could tell me he/she is "starnded" in the DR.

Well..... I am stranded

Cdn citizen with n o house or car in Canada... sold everything 2 yrs ago

We keep a house in Philadelphia....that's where we go when out of here
I am not allowed into USA.....

Stuck - stranded.... not complaining.... others are the same

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I also know of people who passed away mysteriously--- as in no reason given---- and the corpses are whisked away pretty damn fast, especially for the dr : no bela (?), no open casket as would normally be the case.

It is hard to compare to " normal" times, as more often than not dead is dead here.

Last bela i attended, i snuck away for a smoke and ended up having a drink with the son of the deceased ( extended family ), and when i asked the cause of death, he said her heart stopped......

1. "no bela (?), no open casket as would normally be the case."
It was stated at the beginning of the SOE being instituted that no mass gatherings, including velars would be permitted for public safety reasons.

2. "It is hard to compare to " normal" times, as more often than not dead is dead here."
Dead is dead everywhere.

3. "Last bela i attended, i snuck away for a smoke and ended up having a drink with the son of the deceased ( extended family ), and when i asked the cause of death, he said her heart stopped...…"
If a person's heart stops, I think we all know the end result. Why would the son expand over drinks?

• Love
Reactions: MikeFisher

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
only folks that now the really whats going on is the folks who post in DR1 ..... smh DR! is load with medical folks so glad I'm here..

Not medical personnel, but how about people that reside here, and have not left? Do our opinions count for much, or do we need the people abroad to tell us how to live our lives?
Again, with all sympathies to those in "hotspot" regions, it just has not been the same here.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well..... I am stranded

As you walk long along that Golden Strand, with your Speedo, and Crocs. Yes, life is good.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so y
Well..... I am stranded

ou are not stranded.
you are a US property owner without a US Passport,
hence always to expect that some ideas of Donald could keep ya away from your property for a while, lol.
stranded would be if no way to return to your home country.
but waht wouldyou like in canuck land, without a home there, anyways?
don't wine, just stay here and enjoy, lol

• Love
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1590617022241.png

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not medical personnel, but how about people that reside here, and have not left? Do our opinions count for much, or do we need the people abroad to tell us how to live our lives?
Again, with all sympathies to those in "hotspot" regions, it just has not been the same here.
I disagree. People like myself who live
here must be crazy for having independent
thought. We should all just shut up, bend over without the vasiline and do exactly as we are told by those who know best.

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
now thats a statement i can agree with, by my personal sight/view/feelings/guts etc.
and of course mine doesn't have to be the same for others, we are all different, different raised, different well off to stand a shut down, different influenced economically/business wise due a shut down etc etc etc
but my concensus is the same as you named it:
the DR has to reopen it's different parts of it's economy as much/quick as the health care system can cope up with.
and to me, at this moment, it looks like thats what the DR is trying to do.
open some(and we reopened many last wednesday), then see how it results during the next couple weeks.
if it looks good/acceptable/within the manageable boundaries, take the next step.
if it looks less favorable than expected, add more time/continue with the further steps slower than originally planned.

btw, as you mentioned you decided not to take a ferry flight,
which is yoru country of origin, how long are you here in DR, alone or with family(locally or brought from abroad)?
The amount jobs and small businesses lost does not justify dragging this out a minute longer. If you're old, fat or gimp stay home... in other words, get out of the way and let the rest of us get on with our lives.
This is more about power, control and profits then it will ever be about saving you or your loved ones from dying or getting sick.

I said it once and I'll say it again, specific to the DR. Anyone who really thinks El Comandante gives a shit about you or your family's health and well-being is an absolute fool.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The amount jobs and small businesses lost does not justify dragging this out a minute longer. If you're old, fat or gimp stay home... in other words, get out of the way and let the rest of us get on with our lives.
This is more about power, control and profits then it will ever be about saving you or your loved ones from dying or getting sick.

I said it once and I'll say it again, specific to the DR. Anyone who really thinks El Comandante gives a shit about you or your family's health and well-being is an absolute fool.
like You,
You clearly give a sh.t about anybody else,
so dont await that anybody cares about you or your well beeing.
you want old, fat or otherwise sick people to'stay home so you can do as You please to enjoy Your Life?
well, whats next?
women not allowed to drive in public so there are less traffic jams when you come along?
seem's like youare the kind which no society needs anywhere.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
like You,
You clearly give a sh.t about anybody else,
so dont await that anybody cares about you or your well beeing.
you want old, fat or otherwise sick people to'stay home so you can do as You please to enjoy Your Life?
well, whats next?
women not allowed to drive in public so there are less traffic jams when you come along?
seem's like youare the kind which no society needs anywhere.
If you consider me getting on my/ our lives "doing as I please and enjoying my life" while asking the weak to avoid the general public so they have a less chance of becoming infected...problem?
Then yes, HELL YES!
and I could care less if women drive as
I do not own a vehicle or worry about traffic. Perphaps you should be spending
more time with wifey (sounds like ya need it) and less time on DR1 telling the rest of us how to live.

• Haha
Reactions: Garyexpat and jd426

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Can you get the virus from a surface?
As lockdowns lift, many more Americans are going to come in contact with surfaces that other people have touched: doorknobs, tabletops, shopping bags and more. And I know that many people find these situations confusing.​
The early scientific advice seemed to encourage people to treat surface contact with utmost seriousness. More recently, research has suggested that few people get the virus this way. The main transmission mechanism instead appears to be close contact with someone who has the virus, like talking face-to-face or sitting nearby in an indoor setting. Those situations expose people to enough of a “viral load” to become infected.​
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently tried to clarify its guidance on the subject: “It may be possible that a person can get Covid-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.”​

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
you will have to forgive him.. He is German .... Im part

Wow,, I hope you were Drunk when you typed this .. I would hate to think that a Sober person could be so Irrational ..
you really put it over the top with this Post ..
thank you for confirming everything some of us suspected about you.
Peoples Freedoms means ISHIT to you.. it all about your Virtue signaling ..
This guy virtue signaling to me about
women's rights while coming from one
of the largest muslim countries in Europe
is laughable.

Danilo is asking for another 25 day extension on the Emergency Decree.
The PLD is buying itself more time, to steal
more money, to buy more votes and it's
starting to show in the most recent polls.
Source: Dominican Today

For a guy who proudly post a photo of both himself and what appears to be his daughter on a forum for others to see, I find it difficult to believe he's in favor of keeping this charade afloat and ruining the global economy while adding more hurdles to his daughter's chances at a better future. Sad.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Then first explain how 60 % of all NEW Cases of Covid were people who self Quarantined since the beginning of the outbreak . Self quarantined ... read it one more time .
Hmm.
There is data supporting this o_O :p

Reactions: MikeFisher
Status
Not open for further replies.