When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
I received an email from American Airlines today asking me if I still wanted to fly from MIA to POP. I've had this flight booked with them since early June. Is this standard practice for AA? Never received that type of email from Westjet or Air Canada.
What dates?

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
I hail from the UK we have the highest number in the G7 that's because we made a mess of containing the virus, just like the US is now doing, but they have reopened ahead of us are are suffering the consequences, we are about to follow in the US footsteps by reopening with 3000 new cases a day, watch the disaster unfold in the UK
🤯

• Sad
Reactions: Linda Stapleton

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
If both the US and DR get on the EU list for no travel to the EU then maybe its just best for the DR to tie itself in with the US and maybe also with Canada and Lat Am countries.
As I wrote some days ago DR is NOT on the EU European no-travel list.

This is obviosly a benefit of not testing enough but it is a huge advantage which is completely ignored by DR.There is not many countries in america who are not on that list and concentrating on EU tourists would be much better for the case numbers.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Yes that data is suspect.
CDC indicates 33 million tested not 99 million.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Been saying all along that all the data is suspect. The only number that is slightly believable is the deaths/million population. The most delirious number is the one from the WHO suggesting the death rate is 3.4% which is obviously closer to .34%. Everybody has an agenda.

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
We are already seeing many more cases in Florida and still with less deaths. OPEN EVERYTHING, keep elderly and those with pre-existing conditions safe and let the world go on living.
You do know that death numbers lag one month behind the infection numbers?

Wait a month and the new hoax that death numbers are going down will be exposed to be a hoax like the hoax that virus goes away because of the summer heat.

its like the daily DR reporting of the death numbers going down: of course they have now more cases but the death are from the cases a month ago. you can not divide death now by case numbers now but by case numbers a month ago. Its a clear systematic error how they calculate the mortality rate.

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
Been saying all along that all the data is suspect. The only number that is slightly believable is the deaths/million population. The most delirious number is the one from the WHO suggesting the death rate is 3.4% which is obviously closer to .34%. Everybody has an agenda.

cleary you have an agenda as .34% Is a right wing hoax as any reputable study with casenumbers in the 100000 shows 1 to 2%

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
cleary you have an agenda as .34% Is a right wing hoax as any reputable study with casenumbers in the 100000 shows 1 to 2%
When you vastly underestimate the number of infections, the death rate rises. By the way, I said .34% is closer to reality than 3.4% which means that my .34 is closer to your 1.5 than the WHO at 3.4.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
UK safe to enter list includes Canada and excludes the US, Brazil, and others. That’s one side of the tourism coin. The other side is will the DR ban British tourists? This is going to be one hell of a complicated Summer and Fall tourist season worldwide. I’m still optimistic I’ll be spending next winter in the DR with minimal risks as long as I take the usual precautions. Only change will be limited Resort visits and mostly apartment rentals.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Apologies people. The list I referenced in my last post is the EU safe to enter list. Not the UK list. The UK is still in discussions with the US on proposed restrictions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Most groups and governments use the confirmed case number and not the number actually infected for the death rate. That is why one has 3.4% and the other has 0.34%, more or less.

If people knew the infection death rate overall was 0.34% would they have agreed to shutting down everything despite a lot of deaths because it is so contagious and kills lots of older people?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
The real number is somewhere between .5% and 1% according to an article on Nature. Even that number should slowly go down over time, due to health care advances.
My main point is that the WHO at 3.4% was clearly agenda driven. Fake news.

Reactions: Clandestino

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
You do know that death numbers lag one month behind the infection numbers?

Wait a month and the new hoax that death numbers are going down will be exposed to be a hoax like the hoax that virus goes away because of the summer heat.

its like the daily DR reporting of the death numbers going down: of course they have now more cases but the death are from the cases a month ago. you can not divide death now by case numbers now but by case numbers a month ago. Its a clear systematic error how they calculate the mortality rate.

There are daily counts on people "supposedly" dying from this Wuhan Virus, trends can be seen in real time.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The countries with the worst problems with Covid19 are the countries with right wing populist governments, USA, UK, Brazi, and a lot of countries are now taking the decision to ban people from these countries entering there territories until they get the virus under control. Republica Dominicana should be wary of opening up so soon.

Reactions: GusFring

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
Canada has tested 71,000/million and the US has tested 99,000/million. If you account for size, Canada would have about 2000 cases per day whereas the US is closing in on 40,000 per day.
A country that has a population of less than 40 million has tested 71 million?? These numbers don't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.