US goverment warns against travel to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
There are many ties between the US and DR. Many Americans have homes and family here or they come here a lot and have friends . They where able to travel here now which is good. Their embassy warns about it and honestly someone traveling anywhere now just to have fun is a little irresponsible especially to a place they don’t know.

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
That's Because the DR folks need the money with the Tourist Cash Cow.....Gringos spend a lot of me here..... even the streetwalkers business is dead....
You are right, and to be more precise "the DR folks" are a bunch of fat AI resort owners. I'm not saying hotel owners because they struggle too.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
67,000 new cases in the USA in the last 24 hours, and the US advises against travel to the Republica Dominicana. Remember when Trump said it's going to be a miracle and the virus will be gone in April. Pot calling the kettle black.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
We' had this conversation already but I' ll tell you again, I DON'T AGREE with Sweden's chief epidemiologist. His opinion is not the end all be all nor is his conclusions set in stone. Experts can be wrong ex Dr Fauci.
So give us your expertise.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
They advise against to cover their asses: State Department offers very nice and safe jobs. But everyone knows the US has lost the war against COVID, they are a lost case for the world community, too. Example: they have left WHO at the peak of corona explosion.
But posting too many videos at once turns the readers off.
You guys are off of your rockers. State Dept has advised to avoid all international travel since March 31, this was mentioned on the first page of this thread, and WHO is a useless stooge of China. BTW the US leaves that organization next July.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Americans can't travel to most of the world without a period of quaratine in the visited country. Sad state of affairs

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am not a big fan of the policy of dividing countries into covid and non covid countries for travel. That could become a mess in the long term. Countries coming on and off the list and on again.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
So are lots of Americans flying into the RD in defiance of the warning from the US government?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
So are lots of Americans flying into the RD in defiance of the warning from the US government?
I only know of home owners and here from dr1 some regular US-DR travelers but they all know the risk. I think opening the border was the right decision but it was wrong to try and restart the massive tourism.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I only know of home owners and here from dr1 some regular US-DR travelers but they all know the risk. I think opening the border was the right decision but it was wrong to try and restart the massive tourism.

Yeah I really feel for the thousands of tourist related workers. And looks like a long time before that is running properly again. I travel there regularly and I am worried about what is happening on the island

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo

"The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. " ALL INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL. Not specific to the DR. This is the same advisory posted in March. Nothing new since then in terms of the advisory.

You can read DR specific things here.

Traveling to DR is not defiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.