Online Website to extend your stay legally 120 days total before your 30 day tourist card expires

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
ok, you're right! I look at EVERY relationship based on economic factors. Dominicans often do as well. They don't immigrate to Venezuela or Cuba very often.
They used to go down to Venezuela to work in the 90's. DR recently admitted this in the press. Said they will look at different ways to assist those who are stuck here.
Unfortunately we may be saying the same thing about the neighbor to the north in a few years.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
They used to go down to Venezuela to work in the 90's. DR recently admitted this in the press. Said they will look at different ways to assist those who are stuck here.
Unfortunately we may be saying the same thing about the neighbor to the north in a few years.
they still work in Aruba, guess what they do ):

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
they still work in Aruba, guess what they do ):
No cigar for correct answer, remember how and by who the other 120 days thread in Legal got closed, BIG ;)

You and Windy sure have some horses you like to beat :LOL:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
But not in that order...USA, Canada then Western Europe
depends whom you ask.
my family has only 6 or7 who live with their new families in the USA, we have a dozen with family each in Spain and Italy.
where people would prefer to go and where they finally go, are 2 different things with many deciding factors, like proximity, cheap flights to visit back home often etc.
a DR street guy would def choose Nueva Yol, he wouldn't know anything else anyways.
a mid class family would more likely look on western european cities to send their children to school/univercity.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why would you presume to know what someone you know anything about might or not know?
Why would you presume to know what someone you know anything about might or not know?
I don't presume to know that I do not know about someone or anyone or anything.
What I do know is this is a simple question and it has not been responded to by DR1's legal team.
That is not an opinion, they simply have not responded.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Doesn't hurt to repeat her clarifications and follow up either
She explains the workaround of the overstay payments that work around the DR immigration laws. Instead of using the laws, there is an over stay fee, which Cynthia called a penalty for staying more than 30 days.

My question is what happens now to someone that stays more than 120 days using the current migration fee/penalty and that has not been answered by the legal team.

Mariahboater

SHIPWRECKED
Aug 7, 2020
Ontario
She explains the workaround of the overstay payments that work around the DR immigration laws. Instead of using the laws, there is an over stay fee, which Cynthia called a penalty for staying more than 30 days.

My question is what happens now to someone that stays more than 120 days using the current migration fee/penalty and that has not been answered by the legal team.
It’s because you me and everyone knows nothing happens !

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It’s because you me and everyone knows nothing happens !
Which was true when the PLD was in charge for the past 16 years.
The PRM who has full control now promised to actually enforce immigration laws.
Of course that means nothing will happen, doesn't it?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

You pay a fee according to the amount of days you have overstayed. If or when this ever changes, trust me, you'll hear about it.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
Which was true when the PLD was in charge for the past 16 years.
The PRM who has full control now promised to actually enforce immigration laws.
Of course that means nothing will happen, doesn't it?
They never promised anything lol. We've told you this at least 100x. However you're praying they do something. Let your obsession go.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I can't believe we are still plodding along on this subject. We all are quite certain that a typical tourist will not likely have any problems, with an extension or without one. Foreigners who live here full time and possibly work here are the one's that might come under scrutiny if the govt follows through on its decree. As long as you come and go with some regularity you should be just fine. If you live in a property you bought, have a car in your name, bank accounts or have a long term rental lease, a case can be made that you are no longer a tourist in the eyes of immigration. Still I don't see wide scale immigration round ups for North Americans/Europeans.

Reactions: CDNBear

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
They never promised anything lol. We've told you this at least 100x. However you're praying they do something. Let your obsession go.

He spreads his gospel widely and in several places at least. And over many years.

He shall be rewarded on The Day of Judgement:cool:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are wrong. The new Minister of Interior and Police has promised to enforce the immigration laws as written that the PLD ignored for the past 16 years.
It was clearly stated as so in the news.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You pay a fee according to the amount of days you have overstayed. If or when this ever changes, trust me, you'll hear about it.
I anxiously await that moment. Until then, it seems like they continue to ignore the law.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can't believe we are still plodding along on this subject. We all are quite certain that a typical tourist will not likely have any problems, with an extension or without one. Foreigners who live here full time and possibly work here are the one's that might come under scrutiny if the govt follows through on its decree. As long as you come and go with some regularity you should be just fine. If you live in a property you bought, have a car in your name, bank accounts or have a long term rental lease, a case can be made that you are no longer a tourist in the eyes of immigration. Still I don't see wide scale immigration round ups for North Americans/Europeans.
What will it take to make you a believer?

A typical tourist can now stay for 120 days, but if they stay longer, still no problem.

Reactions: chrisgy