Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The real problem is that the nice drawing with lots of colours that the government put out is misleading........

How many people are actually going to read the decree vs look at the nice colours on the schematic.
hint : proportionate to the number who can spell their name correctly, twice, under pressure

It's the DR you should be used to it by now!
There is also other info available other then a poster for the illiterate- semi literate.

Regardless citizens in the barrios will interpret things their way without reading, life goes on barrio style.
Add to this gringo style in bars, restaurants, colmado's and "hotels".

Some get caught, some evade, PN interprets things their way with some tolerances.

Dominicans will never be Chinese, Singaporeans, or like ex-pats,
And that is a good thing!
Let them do things DR style...... and they will !!!

Love it or leave it :)

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
9 days to go. I will be walking the beach tomorrow. If nobody hears from me in the next few days I was probably arrested lol

I recall there was news last spring that a female tourist had to talk with the PN (or some other authority) in Cabarete ( I believe) because she was on the beach alone during curfew hours...

So the point is ensuring social distancting etc... but the brainless enforcing authorities of course don't grasp that... If you are on the beach, no matter the hour, it's highly likely that you are not very near to anyone else...

At the same time, I've heard from several family member's (wife's side of the family) that they've seen lots of people in different parts of POP very late yesterday and no PN to be seen... They were so proud before New Year's Eve that they will not tolerate any disobedience... Well done...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There was a huge party at one of the big hotels in Punta Cana last night. Made all the daily papers today. I bet tourism is going to get involved in that one.
That's one thing you don't want to do is attract media attention. The police will get all gung ho for a week before it's forgotten.

Is that the place that got the $4M peso fine.... and will lose their license if it happens again?

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … sanitarios

Palladium hotel in Bavaro fined 4million pesos for a party last night that broke sanitary rules. No such gatherings allowed until after 10th and the threat of removal of license if they fail to follow protocols again

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Sounds like a perfect example of the farmacia owners lack of comprehension of the new regulations from today until January 10.
Not surprised.

I wonder who will report their violation of delivery only requirement?
Seriously. There is nothing saying that pharmacies must shut. It just says that their deliveries can continue until 11pm. Why are people struggling so much to understand this.

Jan 3, 2003
I wish the DR would stop pretending to be a nation and just let the good times roar. No precautions, no shutdowns, no restrictions. They act as if the population is paying attention. The DR ain't Sweden.

Reactions: PCMike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are NO regulations from government about pharmacies. How many times do you need to be told this? Have you read the decree? It was published so read it and stop spreading information that pharmacies are supposed to be closed !!! Jeez.
I am terribly sorry that the government also put out a nice image of how the farmacias are delivery only. I should have realized that this brochure has nothing to do with reality.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I am terribly sorry that the government also put out a nice image of how the farmacias are delivery only. I should have realized that this brochure has nothing to do with reality.
The Pharmacy in front of my house is open. Should I call the police?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There was a huge party at one of the big hotels in Punta Cana last night. Made all the daily papers today. I bet tourism is going to get involved in that one.
Turismo did get involved. I cannot find the decree at the moment, it was posted on FB, but there is one about such eventd which are now banned until the 10th of January.

And probably forever and ever after that. Of course it is not specifically mentioned in the recent announcement by Abinader so it is probably not true. :p

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My take on everything is that the virus is out of control here....... and they are not telling us for fear of damaging the tourist industry more....

DONT BE FOOLED READ BETWEEN THE LINES..... IF IT WASN'T BAD THEY WOULD NEVER PUT THE NEW CURFEWS IN AFFECT.....

EARTH TO THE WORLD WAKE UP..
Normal rational people to you freaks...
Stop the fear mongering.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Pharmacy in front of my house is open. Should I call the police?
I would call the Ministry of Health and ask to speak to the woman in charge. She is also the VP of the DR. You can ask why she had misleading information published.

• Wow
Reactions: Caonabo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Turismo did get involved. I cannot find the decree at the moment, it was posted on FB, but there is one about such eventd which are now banned until the 10th of January.

And probably forever and ever after that. Of course it is not specifically mentioned in the recent announcement by Abinader so it is probably not true. :p
Yes. They were fined 4m pesos and a warning their operational permit will be canceled if they do it again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes. They were fined 4m pesos and a warning their operational permit will be canceled if they do it again.
And they put out a brochure about other resorts not being able to do this as well. Of course that could be wrong and misleading, this is the DR. I guess we just don't know because we cannot tell which releases from the government are actually true. One hand not knowing what the other is up to.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It hurts their ego just as it hurts the feeling of a someone. Good news is that the shift change is coming, after which hopefully this forum, will swerve towards proven scientific findings discussing the DR issues, rather than opinion engendered by tweeter storms.
Hold your breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.